Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just because you havent seen it happen doesnt mean its never happened.

HR IC

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I myself have yet to hear of a TSX not opening, backed up by a picture...Seen the same 2 unexpanded X bullet pics on a few different forums now, that different people all claim to have taken.

Mind you, I've seen a few pics of unexpanded Nosler Partitions too on the internet...So I suppose it could happen to anyone's product...

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by BWalker

And you can supply proof of this??

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Let's Compare apples to apples,a 150 TSX has a BC of .369 and a Nosler 150 gr Etip has a BC of .469 I would say that's significant! more is still more!

If you realy want to compair apples to apples then compair the E-Tip to the MRX and not to the TSX

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
As I am sure you are aware the issue with Barnes TSX's wasnt opening up fast enough, it was not opening up at all.

Although I agree it probably has happened in very rare instances I will surely take the reliability of the tsx over the Accubomb any day of the week. The new nosler e-tip reliability still has to be proven over the course of several months of good feedback from hunters in the field. Regarding my earlier comment about nosler being able to feed off of barnes developement there is no doubt that being able to disect barnes progress has helped nosler in their direction. The Failsafe of nosler was certainly far from a great success. And, the fact that the xp3 isn't made available to reloaders kind of rules it out as a useful success to many of us too.

Last edited by kraky111; 03/30/08.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
JB posted the following:
Also, very occasionally TSX's don't open, like any other hollow-point bullet from varmint bullets up--which I suspect is the main reason for the new Tipped TSX. I have yet to see (or hear of) a Nosler Partition not opening.

Given he is somewhat of a authority on the subject at hand I will take his word over the Barnes cheer leading squad.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Again no first hand experience, just internet sniping.

Has JB recovered one that failed to open or just speculating?

Here is a picture of an 8mm Coreloc that dfidn't open and this picture was originaly posted on AR by Canuck his father shot a Moose with this bullet

[Linked Image]

So does this prove that Coreloc'don't open and are useless?

JJHack has been useing the TSX in Africa for 3 or so years now and after 100's of game taken with his rifes in 30-06 (the most taken with) and his 375 he has experience NO Failures and constantly sings the praises of the TSX.

The claim that TSX do not open or work by those that do not use them and have no experience with TSX is old allready...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The constant cheer leading has been old for several years... A good bullet doesnt need a bunch of hype.
Nobody said the TSX wasnt a OK bullet, but if there wasnt a problem why did Barnes add the plastic tip?
And FWIW I would trust what John says as being true.
BTW its pretty clear that 8mm CL tumbled....
BTW I use em.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BWalker; 03/30/08.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
A plastic tip to up the BC.. No one was cheerleading until the "they don't open crowd" started in...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Get real there is no vast conspiracy to discredit Barnes........no one started in other than to point out that there have been failures of TSX to open up.
Barnes will never have good BC's with a grooved bullet, so it would seem a plastic tip to up the BC slightly would be pretty futile.

Last edited by BWalker; 03/30/08.
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Get real there is no vast conspiracy to discredit Barnes........no one started in other than to point out that there have been failures of TSX to open up. Barnes will never have good BC's with a grooved bullet, so it would seem a plastic tip to up the BC slightly would be pretty futile.

Again claims of failure and NO proof to back it up.. A plastic Tip Has Indeed uped the BC if you bothered to check it out.. Gerald with GS Custom has stated on AR that Plastic Tips are not too improve expansion on Mono metal bullets in fact Gerald claims that a Ballistic Tip will open more dramaticaly without the tip..Pull the tips and try it yourself he states.

Again where are all of these failed TSX's

A BC advantage of .1 is of little importance to 3 0r 400 yards yet you guys act like it is a meaningful improvement....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And if you haven't seen actual proof that it happened,how can you know for sure that it happened?I haven't seen a partition fail myself,but I have seen pictures of supposed partition failures.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
And neither of you two have proof they didnt fail... If John says they have failed I will take his word for vs. two dudes cheer leading on the internet.......
I have had two instances of regular X's failing, but they didnt have problems either..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And neither of you two have proof they didnt fail..

Generally the onus of proof is on the people doing the condemning.I believe in innocent until proven guilty,do you?I have heard of partitions failing and have seen pictures posted that showed the supposed failed partitions,but without knowing the details,I am not going around claiming that partitions are known to fail on a regular basis.Without seeing proof of failed tsx bullets,I am also not claiming that they fail on a regular basis.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Again claims of failure and NO proof to back it up..

What proof do you have they didn't fail? I suppose you are qualified to and have done a thorough investigation of the many claimed failures on this board and others?
A plastic Tip Has Indeed upped the BC if you bothered to check it out.. Gerald with GS Custom has stated on AR that Plastic Tips are not too improve expansion on Mono metal bullets in fact Gerald claims that a Ballistic Tip will open more dramaticaly without the tip..Pull the tips and try it yourself he states.

Sure it has upped the BC slightly, but the BC's of the tipped bullets are pretty low compared to a BT or a E tip.
I saw Gerard make that comment and it is true. The tip in and of itself doesn't make the bullet open up quicker. Its the increased cavity size that comes with the plastic tip that does so. Of course this isn't exactly a tough conclusion to come to..
A BC advantage of .1 is of little importance to 3 0r 400 yards yet you guys act like it is a meaningful improvement....

That sure is true and BC doesn't enter into the equation when I pick a bullet, but evidently it does to some.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Nobody condemned the TSX and no one claimed they failed on a regular basis. IF I believed they did fail on a regular basis why would I use them?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Why would I want to compare a Etip to a MRX,there is no Tungsten core in an Etip! The Etip and the TTSX is closer in comparison in my opinion!

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Why would I want to compare a Etip to a MRX,there is no Tungsten core in an Etip! The Etip and the TTSX is closer in comparison in my opinion!

Because you were compareing a tipped bullet to a non tipped bullet and the tungstan will not aid the BC

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kraky111
I wonder why nosler feels they should have such a deep cavity. I had high hopes of 90% wt retention but a "peel back" of that much makes me wonder how much "pedal" will hang on during expansion. I'd like to see some nosler pics of what the bullet should look like after impact ...are we thinking a 4 pedal deal like barnes or what??

Honestly ...90%+ weight retention translates to penetration. That said I do not think you're lacking any by using the e-tip, tsx, ttsx, mrx or the Barnes X original. All will go and keep going. My only problem with these coppers are expnasion.... I do not know why this is so embedded in my head!......... And this is not to say that these guys do not expand but I had some issues with the early Barnes...................

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Again claims of failure and NO proof to back it up..

What proof do you have they didn't fail? I suppose you are qualified to and have done a thorough investigation of the many claimed failures on this board and others?

That's quite the concept...No proof of a failure, yet report claims of failure and ask some one to prove that they can't fail which is an impossiable task.. Your concept to prove that a TSX could not fail is simply not possiable because if I shot every TSX that was ever made (except one) without a failure, yet as long as 1 remained I could not prove that it would not fail until I shot it, now could I.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

287 members (1Longbow, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1badf350, 29 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,657
Posts18,512,777
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.