Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
In Dallas for a few days, What gun/knife stores should I hit? I'm planning on Cabelas and a gun show this weekend!Thanks!

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
HR IC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
McClellands in far northeast Dallas, south of LBJ Frwy about 5 miles where Jupiter deadends into Centerville turn left & go over the RR tracks and turn into the parking lot with the store on your left.

Doc's Guns in Carrollton is my favorite small shop in all of North Texas, 1 block east of I-35E on Keller Springs/Sandy Lake Rd & 1 exit south of the George Bush tollway - little white house on the corner across from the water plant. Doc is IMO the best gunsmith in North Texas.

Some folks get off on Ray's Guns in West Dallas, big yellow building corner of Sylvan and Singleton & their sister store D Rays in far north Dallas 1/2 block east of Preston on Forest Lane north side of the street, about mile south of Preston & LBJ Frwy intersection...but I have problems at times with their attitudes & hated the original owner Ray Brantley.

IMO the best Ft Worth shop is off I-30 4-5 miles west of downtown, exit at Cherry Lane and stay on west bound service rd. You can't miss it & the closest good independent store to Cabella's. This store will forever be known to me by the formers owners name of Ewell Cross and any local guy will remember too by that name, but in Ft Worth this is where I start looking for stuff.

See if you can find Bills's Guns in southeast Ft Worth - look for Alpine Shooting Range's ad in the yellow pages & Bills is about 2-300 yards east of the entrance to Alpine - James Sheid now owns Bill's and ran Alpine for 20+ years.

If you see any of these stores you'll realize I favor gunsmith oriented real gun shops and not the glitzy glammor big box chain retailers like BassPro/Cabela's. I sold guns the DFW market both as a distributor and as a facory rep in the '70's & 80's.
Ron

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Many Thanks Ron I'm gonna try to get to at least a couple of em this week!

"I used to be a tired hunting guide, now I'm just a re-tired hunting guide"

"No eternal reward will forgive us now, for wasting the dawn" JM

Jared
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bass Pro in Grapevine has a wonderful fine gun room. It's worth a drop by, but I'd rarely dream of paying the asking price on anything there. I have found Bachman's fairly priced with a good selection..

Bachman Pawn & Guns
2926 W Northwest Hwy
Dallas, TX 75220
Phone: (214) 351-3628

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (270cowboy, 1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 280Jeff, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,120
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.