Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#21939 06/17/01
ebd10 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For those that asked, Ms. Wolfe basically states that freedom syarts in your own mind and heart. As long as we are bound by the belief that we are servants, we can never be truly free. Much of her strategy revolves around becoming financially independent. Get and stay out of debt, live within your means, as much as possible, stay away from credit cards, jealously guard your privacy, home school your children and guard your wealth from taxation as much as possible. She also espouses that we become loosely organized, as much for emotional support as anything. There is also the idea of forming a sort of "underground" now, as opposed to when it's too late. Some of her ideas are pretty radical; you can't expect a government employee who is a few years away from retirement to quit working for Uncle as a form of protest.<BR>For myself, it was a wake up call when I was "reminded" that I don't work for the government, THEY WORK FOR ME! It is time to start acting like an employer instead of a servant. If they don't do the job that we pay them for (like upholding the Constitution) FIRE THEM. Elect new people, recall them, whatever...<BR>That's the real reason that I even bother to continue participating in the process, the forlorn hope that somehow I might encounter a group of doers as opposed to spectators.<BR> I know in my last post I stated that voting and writing are ineffective, I guess I should have amended that by adding,"as a result of the lack of participation on the part of the citizenry" <BR> For my part, I intend to deprive the government as many of my assets as possible; I'm hoping to start some sort of small business and incorporate, therefore taking advantage of as many tax shelters as possible, My wife and I have finally escaped the tyranny of credit cards (i won't do THAT again!), and it will be a cold day in Hades before my child darkens the doorway of a public school. Perhaps if this philosophy began spreading nationwide, we might be able to lay claim to our republic again, we might be able to enjoy greater wealth again, and we might start producing children that think, innovate and build rather than the hyper consumers that currently populate the country.<BR>Heck, I'm willing to do anything to avoid a bloody conflict within our borders. But, if it comes down to it...

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
GB1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Thanks for that excellent review. Sounds like worthwhile reading, s'pose I oughta pay off that credit card before ordering? [Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

134 members (Angus55, 160user, 257 roberts, alwaysoutdoors, 35, 10ring1, 14 invisible), 1,520 guests, and 896 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,892
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.