Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
One thing his adolescent drive did was kill a few tens of thousands of terrorists and make it a far less attractive occupation for young Muslims unless they are really serious about the suicide thing.

And it doesn't take a great deal of study to conclude that dead terrorists aren't going to blow anything up.

It is also rather naive to think that the administration's nods to political correctness and maintaining decent relations with other Muslim-ruled states reflect the secret internal discussions of the administration on Islamofascism. I mean.....you can't simultaneously argue that his cowboy adventurism has alienated the Muslim world but that his callling Islam a religion of peace is reflective of a stupid naivete and excessive sucking up to them. But on the other hand, I guess you can, since logical consistency has never stood in the way of Bush-bashing

There is no inconsistency at all. These two concepts are part and parcel of the universalism that neo-conservatism espouses.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
It's what idiots do!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wasn't suggesting you were blaming him. But if you weren't your original point doesn't make sense.

He wasn't responsible for the 2000 tech stock crash because he hadn't even been elected, much less taken office.

The 9-11 crash was caused by a terrorist attack. Did Bush's policies "cause" the terrorist attack? Which policies would those be?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
I'd vote for Bush a third time without any hesitation whatsoever. The best the liberals have offered in recent history don't hold a candle to him because of the one thing they all lack.....CHARACTER. He had the worst event in American history since Pearl Harbor dumped into his lap and has done everything he could humanly do to protect this land of ours. I believe his wife has ALWAYS been proud to be an American. And I believe his faith is honest and true and based on truth, not twisted theology. I get tired real fast of all the Bush hate going on in our country and place the blame squarly on the shoulders of the whining Dems that still can't get over the fact that he was elected twice. Instead of blaming their own misguided ideals they blame and hate Bush for everything wrong that happens. What a vile and sickening bunch they have shown themselves to be. Until the Dems wake up and chit-can the radical left from their party they will sooner or later suffer beyond repair. God bless George Bush, and his family!

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With all due respect, ALL politicians are worthless, self-serving rat bastards. But one thing is certain, in my opinion...our LYING president has led our country into a war for oil which profits ultra-wealthy robber barrons and corporate kingpins so they can live lives of opulent luxury, and leave the wealth to their children, tax free, so their lives too can be one of sickening narcissism...all at the expense of the people of our country, and the blood of our soldiers. We have spent nearly a TRILLION dollars on this war that has made our citizens NO SAFER from terrorists; a war that has probably killed over a hundred thousand people. It was misrepresented from the beginning, and has only 'riled up' the radical muslims even more. Life in Iraq is worse now, not better, than before. We survived a sneak attack, mobilized for war, and WON the war against our enemies in World War II in less time than we have been in Iraq.
This 'conservative' president took a fiscal surplus, that was left to him by a 'liberal' president, and has spent more money than any administration in history. He has widened the gap between the 'haves' and 'have nots' more than at any time in our history, except during the 'Great Depression'. He has rewarded those that contributed so much to his campain coffers (Big Oil), and we have seen oil go from $12 dollars a barrel...to over $130 dollars a barrel during his terms. Our economy is so far in the tank because of him, and his administration, that people are now having to decide between heating/cooling their homes and buying gasoline so they can drive to work...or, instead, buying food and medicine for their families. Before this president Bush, much of the world admired America and aspired to much of what it represented...now, after 5 years of death, destruction, and occupation in Iraq, and his disasterous fiscal and foreign policies in general...he will go down as one of the worst presidents, if not 'the worst', in our history. The legacy of the current Bush is no different than the legacy of organized crime. A country that was run by, and ruined by, corporations, special interests, and money...that's his legacy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I agree Qtip. Most Americans have become negative whining sheep who can't see the big picture. It's a sad state of affairs when parents don't teach little kids to have respect for the president. And then they wonder why their kids don't respect and obey them...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
damn,... the knotheads are gonna stampede because of *that* post.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
antlers, thanks, you can go now. wink

I'd suggest www.moveon.org

....lots of folks there who "think" like you.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
You are obviously full of chit. If this were a war for oil then why is gas so high? How do you protect a nation, enforce the treaty that Hussein agreed to(even though most other countries don't have the balls), and deal with national natural diaster without spending money egghead. What will the Dems. give us/ International disgrace by withdrawal from Iraq leading to a Taliban-like slaughter of hundred of thousands of innocents, a UHC system that will just about kill our economy, and a move toward "green" energy which although sounds great won't do chit in the long run for the USA when compared to other sources. They have great soudbiytes and slogans, but they are all based on the hot air theory. Your "one" post so far leads me to believe that we just might have another troll amongst us, and I hope I am wrong.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria!

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm thinking one of the regulars re-registered as Antlers to get us all riled up....

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I give Bush high marks on handling 9-11 and the aftermath.

I give him low marks on spending, but SteveNO raises a valid point, there's some smart guys in his circle, they probably figured the long haul of the Iraq occupation of fight for freedom (whichever term you prefer) would hammer his approval rating, too large of a percentage of Americans don't have the stomach for a fistfight, let alone a real war. For him to cut funding for other programs while funding the Iraq war, would have probaby hamstrung all GOP candidates.

I do feel opportunity was ripe immediately post 9-11 to cut spending, but it still would have come back to haunt the administration.

I think most folks were in favor of attacking Afghanistan and Iraq post 9-11 (I know I was happy for it) I'm just not very optimistic that we'll be successful in creating a democratic paradise in Iraq that will view the USA as a favorable trade partner.

in my estimation the economy got headed downhill during the Clinton administration and more importantly in my view the Greespan regime at the FED.

pumping up the money supply is a great short term fix for a lot of what ails you, it creates bubble stock markets, real estate markets etc.

but you go to the well too often, so often in fact that you quit reporting M3 and there's going to be a price to pay. We're seeing some of that now imo.

imo our country is just too evenly divided idealogically for a Pres. from either party to be very effective at pleasing the masses.

tis beyond my belief that folks can cast a vote for Kerry, Gore or Obillary.

same as it is for them to see us supporting or casting votes in support of the likes of Bush or McCain.

I will say I think Bush sucks even less than McCain. I fear we've hit the slippery slope.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
A man who unloads some presidential baby batter onto a intern's cocktail dress, who is impeached, disbarred and a proven liar under oath ranks above GW, huh?

Calling Bush naive, after your post above, falls on some deaf ears, IMO.

Can you say "No attacks on American soil since 9/11"

So, he lied about getting a BJ in the White House. How many thousands of our soldiers died as a result of this lie? And how many hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars have been spent as a result of this lie? Bush's lie...remember, "WMD's in Iraq", and "imminent threat to us"...has resulted in over 4000 American lives lost and nearly a TRILLION taxpayer dollars spent. Which lie did more damage to our country?
Also, how many attacks were there on 'American soil' during Clinton's terms 'after' the 1st WTC bombings? ZERO, NADA, NYET. For 7 years afterwards...nothing...same as Bush.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hey antler, will you do me a favor and show me post 9-11 how many democrats including the Clintons were calling BS on WMD in Iraq?

IIRC the chorus was singing the same song.

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
I believe that in a generation,Bush will be regarded like Truman or Churchill,as a war time leader who made tough unpopular choices that were correct.

Churchill was forced out of office after WWII,his popularity at an all time low. Truman went home unloved by most americans. History has shown both had the guts to make unpopular decisions. Bush wiil be seen as the man who drew the line in the sand to protect the world from radical Islamism and it's goal of building and using nuclear weapons.

He will be proven correct if we continue to fight and are successful,or if we quit and see Israel and perhaps the US hit by nuclear weapons by radical governments emboldened by our retreat.

The stakes are high,losing is not an option,and Bush will be proven correct,one only hopes it doesn't take New York and Washington being reduced to nuclear wastelands for people to take his views seriously.

Britt

I respectfully disagree...he's done his damndest to drive this country into the ground. His administration has been the most crooked, corrupt, and treasonous in my lifetime. And I personally believe Bush is a puppet, a moron, a liar, a thief, and a mass murderer. It will take our country decades to recover, if we ever can, from his presidency. His legacy will include being a leadership that answered to nobody but itself!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, I know, it's a real bich when you can't have a "cost-free" war!

Even worse when you can't have one that was based on truth instead if LIES.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And you can't cure obtuseness. Bank foreclosures amount to 2% (that two out of every one hundred) of the total mortages held. And that is as a result (mainly) of banks loaning money to people that had no business taking on that type of debt.

Gas is four dollars a gallon because demand is far exceeding supply and the Congress won't let oil companies (9% profit margin rate) drill domestically where we have plenty of oil

Why do you seem to revel in fabricating bad news? Man you must drink Maalox by the gallon. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Poll: Americans Give Democratic Congress All-Time Low Rating
Thursday, June 21, 2007

WASHINGTON � Democrats pledged to take Congress in a new direction when it won control in November 2006, but less than six months after taking the reins, Americans aren't pleased with the results, giving lawmakers an all-time low public confidence rating.

In a Gallup poll released Thursday, only 14 percent of Americans have a "great deal" or "quite a lot" of confidence in Congress, a Gallup poll reports.

The poll shows an all-time lowest confidence rating and one of the lowest ratings for any institution in 30 years. The lowest confidence rating for Congress was 18 percent during 1991 to 1994. In 1994, the House switched from a Democratic to Republican majority after 40 years of one-party rule.

Issac

I'm not sure what those numbers really mean. It says the lowest rating was 18 % but now it's 14%

It shows "great deal' and "Quite a lot" but I'd like to know what the other options are.

Not sure what the difference is between " Confidence rating" and "lowest rating" means.

I saw one poll that said the Republican Congress had a 11% rating so who knows.

I tried to do some research and gave up. seems like there is a poll taken every month by about 25 different organizations so I guess you could pick one from column A and one from Column B and and make a point.

I think the point here is that we don't think much about Congress :-) But then again I don't think most people have any idea how Congress works ( no pun intended)

Piper

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 1akhunter
hey antler, will you do me a favor and show me post 9-11 how many democrats including the Clintons were calling BS on WMD in Iraq?

IIRC the chorus was singing the same song.

Well,... there was this one,...

http://usliberals.about.com/od/extraordinaryspeeches/a/Obama2002War.htm

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I agree GWB will be proven by History to have been the right man for these times. I really do not care to imagine what the alternative would have been like. I think we would be a lot worse off now had Gore been elected in 2000, or Kerry in 2004

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Page 5 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,303
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.