Hop To
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
dude....I'm guessing about a .16 or "Antlerless" is a blood relation!!

Last edited by isaac; 06/02/08.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No, I prefer to talk to grownups who don't spout half-baked BS speeches they either memorize or cut and paste from the idiots at MoveOn.

There are plenty of people on this site I disagree with every day, through thousands of posts. Most of whom have some thoughts of their own, which I respect even if I disagree with them. I have no respect for idiotic drivel which my 13 year old daughter can disprove with a few minutes effort. Maybe she will, because, frankly you're not worth my time.....I've had these arguments a hundred times over the years with better men than you....you can look them up.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac
dude....I'm guessing about a .16 or "Antlerless" is a blood relation!!

The BS of it is we would probably hang out and have a hell of a time but we can't, for the life of us, see eye to eye on the direction the party is heading.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Corporations are regulated in a hundred ways that wouldn't be tolerated or constitional done to an individual because that's the price of a corporate franchise, which is a privilege.

The fact that some individuals are corrupt or inept managers is utterly irrelevant.....you don't seriously claim government is less corrupt or more efficient do you?

The difference is this....the investors in a corporation have entrusted their capital to a board and a group of managers. Its theirs, not yours, and not the government's and what you or anybody else who ain't got skin in the game thinks they "ought" to do is irrelevant. You don't like it.....start your own corporation with your or your friends money....But don't come messing with mine.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

There are plenty of people on this site I disagree with every day, through thousands of posts. Most of whom have some thoughts of their own, which I respect even if I disagree with them. I have no respect for idiotic drivel which my 13 year old daughter can disprove with a few minutes effort. Maybe she will, because, frankly you're not worth my time.....I've had these arguments a hundred times over the years with better men than you....you can look them up.

See what I mean? Steve is probably 10 fold smarter than me. We disagree on several huge fundemental downfalls of the party but I'm betting if we ever hung out and had a beer, we could care less about the insignificance our lives play in everyday politics(mine so more thyan Steve's) and would be more concernened with with hunting issues than something we have little control over.

Sometimes it just seems so irrelevant for us to argue such inane point. Afterall, what can we do about them?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve - "W" did nothing to advance the agenda or spirit of Kyoto let alone any semblance of responsible stewardship of the friggin' planet

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude, the United States senate unanimously rejected the treaty. We don't do spirits or agendas, we do laws and treaties and every voting senator said no. Before Bush even ran for president.

so, like get over it. in thirty years, people will laugh at this human-caused global warming foolishness like the Salem witch trials.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have been invested in a corporation, Steve. The Fortune 500 company that I worked for paid their portion of the 401k in stock. Luckily, I had the option to convert it to a diversified fund. The company lost major bucks on a couple of overseas projects, the CEO imbezzled 25 million dollars, and the Board of Directors rewarded him with a 80 million dollar "golden parachute" when they canned him (wonder what they didn't want him talking about?). Stock dropped from $98 a share to $17 a share in less than two weeks.

But, enough about corporate fiscal responsibility, and back to conflicting corporate and national interests. The companies that were selling scrap iron and oil to Japan in the late 1930's when the U.S. government and Japan were in a very public dispute over Japan's military build up and invasion of Manchuria, were they within their corporate rights and not in conflict with U.S. national interests in conducting these sales?

Last edited by Gadfly; 06/02/08.

ego operor non tutela
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by nemesis
Mr Antlers,

Earlier when addressing another forum member you said:

"Maybe you just have a problem with rational discourse...I know...it's much easier to talk politics with people who 'agree' with you........".

Since I have been trying to follow your reasoning here and would like to engage in, (as you put it) "rational discourse" with you.

Will you please provide specific examples of when the President acted in the manner that you allege in the following statement?

"why would a parent teach their child to respect a president who is a liar, a thief, a moron, a puppet, and a mass murderer"?

My reading comprehension must be off today because I'm fairly certain he posted that and THEN cried about name calling. Sometimes I just don't understand people.

George

You are right, your reading comprehension is off today...I specifically stated that I thought calling OTHER MEMBERS here names, and insulting 'them', and attacking 'them' personally wasn't in the best interest of a true 'discussion' forum. Criticize the post, but not the poster. There 'is' a difference.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Hey Antler

How's the hunting where you are? I hope you have a good up-coming season.

Now to your assertion that President Bush lied about WMD. If it is true that he did lie then every other country on the UN Security Council lied too. They all said Saddam had WMD and France, Germany, and Russia should have known best since they had companies illegally selling him banned equipment. If Saddam wasn't so arrogant he would be alive and well running his country. Raping women and mutilating his opposition. All he had to do was let the inspectors in and there wouldn't have been a reason to go in.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mr.Antlers,

Just a few comments on your GWB assertions:

"That's easy...he LIED when he led our country into believing there were "WMD's" in Iraq, and they were "an imminent threat to us", and took us to war based on those lies.

If you had done your "internet research" here Mr. Antlers, you would have discovered that EVERYONE (i.e. Dems., Repuplicans, British Intellegence, CIA etc, etc,).... believed there were WMD's in Iraq.

"He is a thief because his policies were responsible for 'shaking down' middle class America more than anybody ever has. Our disposable income is practically nill now; higher education is so high now, insurance is so high now-these necessities take more money out of our pockets now than ever before."

Please be specific here Mr. Antlers and tell us what Bush policies were responsible for "shaking down" the middle class.
And also, how he as a "thief" has personally profited from the other increased costs that you mention?

The dollar is so devalued now, because he has borrowed hundreds of billions of dollars from China to 'fight' in Iraq, and the interest rate is practically non-existant because Wall Street wants the 'principal too';

So am I to understand that GWB is a "thief" because Congress approved appropriation requests to fund the war in Iraq?
Hmm.........

and oil has gone up in price 1000% during his term, and these energy prices are spreading throughout our economy. He has releived millions of us from our money, in every way possible.

I realize that his daughter's wedding was expensive, but did GWB really have to "relieve millions of us from our money" to pay for it?

Please be specific and tell us all how GWB directly affected the rise in energy costs in this country.

He is a moron with his "nucular" as opposed to 'nuclear', and his "strategery" to win the war on "tara". Remember the moronic look on his face when he first learned of the 9/11 attacks? What a leader! He is completely out of touch with the mass of America.

Are "moron's" capable of graduating from Yale University and the Harvard Business School and flying jet aircraft?

Tell me Mr. Antlers, what is your educational background?

He is a puppet for big business, especially big oil...he gives them whatever they want. Paybacks for all the hundreds of millions they contributed to his campaign coffers. After his second election win, when he didn't have to be concerned with winning again, that's when he turned big business loose on us...remember, these ridiculous prices didn't start skyrocketing until after he won the second time. Tax breaks for multi-billion dollar corporations?...sure...let 'em have it. Taxpayers to subsidize billion dollar corporations?...sure...let 'em have it. All at the expense of the American taxpayer.

I'll assume this is just an off the wall "rant" on your part and let it go at that.

And he is responsible for over 4000 American dead in Iraq, not to mention tens of thousands of Iraqis, or more.

Are all the other Presidents who sent American soldiers into battle murderers also?

If not, why not?

But don't take 'my' word for it...do your own research...it's available in volumes on the internet."

Mr. Antlers, I suggest you expand your information gathering horizon a little beyond the "internet"...........you may be surprised at what you discover out there in the real world!

Last edited by nemesis; 06/02/08.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wuzzagrunt
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Penguin
Unlike some people I won't brand GW Bush as the worst president in American history. Truth is I haven't been alive to see most of them so I can't say for certain.

Well, at least we can say he's the worst in a couple generations....... grin

Did James Earl Carter get written out of the history books, as if in some Stalinesque purge? If you go look up "naive" in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of our 39th President.

I am fairly certain Mr. Antler was not alive when Carter was president.

Well Mr. "fairly certain"...you are wrong about that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
How about 'you' state your opinions...and I'll state mine, and let's go on from there...without personal attacks and insults directed at members here?

This has all been discussed ad infinitum, ad nauseum. You're opinions are predictable to the point that your participation in any debate is ultimately unnecessary. We could just fill in your part from a selection of George Soros' blatherings. My opinions are on record with 1800+ posts here. Use the search function if you are interested. I'll tell you right up front, it's probably not worth the effort, but knock yourself out if you have the time to kill.

Beyond that, I comment on the things that interest me and not what you or anybody else decides I should discuss.

Well...that goes both ways! You don't want debate...you want agreement. So, since you have 1800+ posts here, does that mean that your opinions are more valuable than other peoples opinions are? They aren't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With all due respect, I'm not gonna like get over it.

I love the outdoors too much for that. I believe in a Creator who meant for us to do right by His Creation. I was a friggin' Boyscout.

You can chirp all you want about the 95-0 vote, but I invite you to just go ahead and google the words "Bush record environment" and honestly look at what hundreds of thousands of sincere intelligent people have to say about Bush and OUR environment - yours and mine - your family's and mine.

How does the water taste in your city? How is the air in your city? Were there noticeably fewer dove when you went hunting last September relative to the years before that? Do you think my fave Republican of all time, Teddy Roosevelt, would be cool with W's record on the environment? Do you think that some concepts are more important than profits?

Just two weeks ago Sentator McCain was in Oregon talkin' smack about W's handling of Carbon emissions. I'm not pullin' this stuff outta my arse! YOUR friggin' candidate for W's third term is articulating the same sentiment as countless other environmental organizations.

And by the way, I am an avid history buff. I don't know anyone who laughs about the Salem Witch Trials, let alone, the prospect of environmental catastrophe.

Last edited by Ivan; 06/02/08.

"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers

That's easy...he LIED when he led our country into believing there were "WMD's" in Iraq, and they were "an imminent threat to us"

Well, it is an undisputed fact that therewere WMDs in Iraq. That there were none found after the US invasion does not alter that fact. And Bush didn't say Iraq was an imminent threat, and your putting the words within quotation marks doesn't alter that fact either. Cheney has been quoted as saying that but the full quote shows that he immediately corrected himself. Like Casey Stengel said: "You could look it up".

"Were" WMD's...like in 'after' the first Gulf War, is not the same as there "are" WMD's...like the lead-up to this Iraq War. If you go to war, based on a 'fact', and that 'fact' turns out to be a LIE...what do you do? I guess, if you're Bush, you stay there anyway and fight, and kill over 4000 of your own countrymen, and spend nearly a TRILLION dollars that your country doesn't have, and wreck the economy of your country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
actually, antler, there is a lively political discourse here....running the spectrum from capitalist anarchists, through every stripe of libertarian, Randist, paleo-con, neo-con, moderate, and even a few sane lefties. We have a dedicated anti-Bush crowd, as well as several varieties of anti-war folks. We engage in civilized, mostly reasoned debate....occasionally enlightening each other, rarely changing minds but enjoying the exercise.

what we don't have, and don't need, is people who don't share our sport, who come in here spouting silly juvenile slogans from leftie web sites on their very first post, and pretty much go downhill from there.

Thats a nice way of saying "If your'e not an outdoorsman, your'e an idiot, and your opinion doesn't count." I agree. Put up or shut up.

Well, the topic of this thread on this outdoor forum is Bush's Legacy...you tell me, what does Bush's Legacy have to do with the outdoors?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Its theirs, not yours, and not the government's and what you or anybody else who ain't got skin in the game thinks they "ought" to do is irrelevant. You don't like it.....start your own corporation with your or your friends money....But don't come messing with mine.

Oh, and by the way, I don't suppose you were invested in any of the S & L's that tanked in the '80's or have any interest in any of the mortage lenders today do you? If so you have been the recipient of MY money, deprived from me by the Federal Gov. through taxation and devaluation of the dollar to bail out high rollers who were just investing for their "best finacial interests". To quote Roger Waters: "i'm alright Jack, keep your hands off of my stack" smirk

ego operor non tutela
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just for the record, Jimmy Carter says "nukular" as well. JEC may be the worst US President in my lifetime, but he is not an unintelligent man.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No, I prefer to talk to grownups who don't spout half-baked BS speeches they either memorize or cut and paste from the idiots at MoveOn.

You haven't disproven anything, despite your assertion that your 13 year old daughter can. I didn't know we were arguing...is that what we're doing, in your opinion? I thought we were simply having some quite lively discussion and debate!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Despite the moaning and groaning from the myopic left and the mainstream media, It's important to appreciate the fact that things aren't bad - but could get worse under any Democrat plan we've seen so far.

Damn hard to argue with logic.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 35, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,558
Posts18,510,457
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.