Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Toons Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Hi! me again. Still working on the intro for the million signature petition. I probably have a dozen or so different ideas of which way to run with this, but I REALLY NEED EVERYONES OPINION!!!!! <BR>I am not asking for an oration on this just a few simple lines of what you don't want to happen, what you see happening, and or how you are willing to prevent it from happening. NO has suggested if I get enough lines from ya'll then I can cut and paste and acutally get a introduction which will grab not only the anti's attention but all the politicians who are not listening now.<P>So I'm BEGGING here please just a line or two is all I am asking for. Just think if this grabs the attention it will deserve you can tell you kids/grandkids you were a part of it.<P>Toons<BR><P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Would you like see only the police and military in possession of firearms?

Toons Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
No. absolutley not. if this was to occur it would not be a country I would want to continue to live in. <P>I realize you are in Australia, but I would like to hear what you would have said if this petition had been alive before Australia succumbed to the loss. Toons

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hope that outlaws are never the only ones with guns.

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Toons,<P>That is what we should have been saying.<P>I will change to it read like Big Hunters<P><B>I hope we never live in a country where only the police and military are in possession of firearms.</B><P>Mike<P><p>[This message has been edited by Mike375 (edited February 06, 2001).]

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Toons, I think that NO's idea is a Good one. I would only suggest adding some quotes from the past to give it a historical context. Maybe an outline of quotes something like this: 1) Start with the 2nd Amendment, the ultimate short quote, followed by 2) Several quotes from the Founding Fathers regarding the intent of the 2nd. The NRA-ILA calendar has traditionally been a good source for these, followed by 3) Several modern quotes from LEO officials to the effect that "no charges will be filed against the armed homeowner because they acted in lawful self-defense of their life. Had they not been armed, the situation would have been tragic." The Armed Citizen column in the NRA magazines is a good source of these, followed finally by 4) current quotes that you can gather from this board and other like-minded individuals. That sort of an outline might give the Introduction a sort of historical "flow" that might motivate the "moderate" masses to sign on. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck with the project, you are embarking on a worthy endeavor. Stars & Bars.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Toons, do you have these yet? Sorry if I am just taking up space.<P>*Soviet Union established gun control in 1929. From 1929 to 1953, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. <BR>*Turkey established gun control in 1911. From 1915 to 1917 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. <BR>*China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1976 20 million Anti-Communists, Christians, political dissidents and pro-reform groups, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. <BR>*Germany established gun control in 1938. From 1939 to 1945 13 million Jews, Gypsies, mentally ill people and other "mongrelized peoples," unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. <BR>*Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. <BR>*Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. <BR>*Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977 1 million "educated people," unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and executed. <BR>That amounts to more than 55 million innocent people who were slaughtered by their own governments - governments that had first rendered their citizens defenseless by restricting or confiscating their firearms. <P>A free man with a firearm has a fighting chance against any would-be gangster or criminal. <P>An unarmed man has no chance at all against an oppressive, tyrannical government. <P><BR>

Shoot straight and often!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oops, sorry, I just read your post again. I don't think you want stuff like this. Let me think of some words of my own.<P>------------------<BR>Shoot straight and often!

Shoot straight and often!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Toons, -- First priority don't burn your self out early in the game, pace yourself! I finished up in Dallas today, busy making my creditors happy tomorrow and visiting mother, will see what I can come up with Thursday and Friday. ----- What guns have you shot? You can't be a poster girl with no experience you know, unless Mark allows you to wear that little bitsy tensy weency bikini, but that would insulate the ladies. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
Toons Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have only shot a couple of guns and the last one was a .357 that my uncle handed to me at 15 at a gun range. Like a trusting idiot I just pulled the trigger and the damn thing came back and bashed me in the face. So I have just about reason in the book to be anti-gun but I am not. I am anti stupidity, this is why I have chosen to take up shotgunning with Mark. Next we I have my first lesson over in Atlanta. I have been studying gun safety, the history of nation and how gun ownership has made it what it is today. <P>Now as far as the teeny bikini I might have to stuff the top with Mark's tube socks but I don't think I would be insulting in of the ladies [Linked Image]<P>As far as burning out I have nothing but time to organize, recruit, and do my best to make a difference anyway I can. Toons<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by need one:<BR><B>Toons, -- First priority don't burn your self out early in the game, pace yourself! I finished up in Dallas today, busy making my creditors happy tomorrow and visiting mother, will see what I can come up with Thursday and Friday. ----- What guns have you shot? You can't be a poster girl with no experience you know, unless Mark allows you to wear that little bitsy tensy weency bikini, but that would insulate the ladies. -- no </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

IC B3

Toons Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
PhilNash - don't ever apologize for helping me. I need your own words as well as history. Thank you very much. Toons <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PhilNash:<BR><B>Oops, sorry, I just read your post again. I don't think you want stuff like this. Let me think of some words of my own.<P></B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is one that I circulated in Wisconsin<P>Dear Senators Feingold and Kohl,<P><BR>We the undersigned citizens of the State of Wisconsin and the United States of America value our freedom very deeply. We would like to address your past voting records on firearm legislation. <BR>Blaming law abiding gun owners for violence in America is uncalled for and won't fool anybody. <P>Voting for freedom robbing firearm legislation is going against what our founding fathers intent for this nation and it citizens was.<P>We have and will monitor your voting record in the upcoming legislative session and deem any vote for firearm limiting legislation an assault on our 2nd Amendment God given rights. Our wishes will be acted upon by actively working for your defeat in the next election cycle.<P>Please be advised that upon taking public office your swore to an oath to uphold the constitution, and any vote for gun legislation goes against the very oath you swore an allegiance to.<P>---------------------------------------------<P>

Take your kids and your grand kids huntin' and shootin'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chainsaw.....<P>That's GOOD!<P>Oh, and BTW, we've got a local newspaper here trying to force the county and state to release info on all CCW permit holders.<P>Just finished emailing our state rep's office with a gentle reminder relative to the crux of your petition. Wish I'd read your's first.<p>[This message has been edited by twodogs (edited February 08, 2001).]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Toons,<P>A thread on the big game board hit a cord with me. What we really need, is in the schools, volunteers teaching fire arm safety, and de-mistifying fire arms. <P>Really, how can anyone say they don't want kids to know how to safely handle a fire arm. They want them to know how to have "safe sex", properly shoot up drugs, but why no gun safety training. I know the answer, but the only way to really win our fight is de-mistify the gun. Most folks are just plain ignorent, and hence fearful.

J
J
Here in NC, some of the high schools have a shooting team. I almost fell over when I heard about them. I'm making a call this week to see how I can help them. I also plan to attend some of their matches.

Toons Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
the FFA groups are looking for volunteers to teach gun safety/etiquette at the schools. If this goes well in Texas apparently the state school board will offer funding to assist in the teaching of it!!!! God I love Texas!!! Toons<BR><P>------------------<BR>Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.

C
C
In our Scout troop in northern California, we have a shooting team. You can earn a badge by joining.<BR>The more young people you take to the range or hunt with, the more we will be able to overcome the irrational fear that exists today.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

694 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,061 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,106
Posts18,483,278
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.