Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
twodogs Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Latest buzz on the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform bill is that it targets organizations such as NRA, GOA. It would restrict/prohibit those organizations from notifying their members how their representatives are, or have, voted on gun issues.<P>I've become more and more wary of McCain over the last year or so and suggest those interested check this out and respond accordingly.

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The McCain-Feingold bill is really the incumbents protection act. It is a egregious attack on the first amendment, and ought to be opposed.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Senators are Feingold and Kohl. Neither are gun friendly in a state with a rich outdoors heritage. I am always sending letters, emails and making phone calls to support gun rights and they just send patronizing responses and vote against gun owners anyways. I don't know about McCain, he's an odd duck. You don't know which way the wind is blowing with him. The "club" benefits more from campaign contributions than they perceive they are hurt from courting special interests, hence campaign finance reform will be anything but reform.<p>[This message has been edited by jackfish (edited March 15, 2001).]

You learn something new everyday whether you want to or not.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
i think everyone should contact their elected representatives and urge them to OPPOSE the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform bill it can only hurt nra members which is what that sleazy mcCain really wants to accomplish that guy is nothing but bad news

OSAMA BIN LADEN YOU WILL BE MEETING ME VERY VERY SOON.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This is just a bill to keep the bad guys in office just that much longer. They see how crucial the NRA wasw in the last election, and they don't want the NRA hurting any of their reelection bids.<P>------------------<BR>There are 80 million gun owners but only 3 million NRA members. What would this nation be like with 80 million NRA members?

We may rise and fall, but in the end, we meet our fate together.
IC B2

C
C
This bill would silence the voice of almost every special interest group. The labor unions are agaisnt it along with the aclu <BR>and others. With luck it wont pass. coldmold

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (338Rules, AdventureBound, 406_SBC, 907brass, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,328 guests, and 710 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,449
Posts18,507,941
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.