-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I got to thinking (dangerouse, huh?). <BR>Why are the gun grabbers out to get rid of our guns. I think some of them honestly believe it would make us safer. I also think that some in the government want to disarm the population for more sinistar reasons. (right, Bill and Hillary?) So where do you draw a line, and how do you teach the misguided?<BR>7mmbuster<BR>Trust in God and Fear Nothing

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think the anti's are out to attempt to save us from ourselves. I think that if they had their way, even caffine would be illegal. Ever seen the movie "Demolition Man" ? The part where almost everything is illegal?<P>I also think it (gun control) like many other issues the activists take up, turns into one persons crusade to stop the hurt that has befalled a loved one of theirs. They take it to the extreme and think they can change the world for the better so the particular tradegy that happed to them or their loved one will never happen to anyone else ever again. What they fail to realize is, is that tradegy strikes everyone for one reason or another OR no apparent reason at all. I could go on but that is my 2 penny's worth.

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I have seen the enemy, and they are us. What makes an Anti? I suspect that most of them began life as a member of a family with no hunters in it....and very possibly held an indifferent view of hunting or guns, at one time. We often refer to them as NEUTRALS. As we all know, the media seldom uses examples of "good deeds done today" as cover stories. The bad deeds and tradgedies get the ink, day after day, year after year. The average NEUTRAL American citizen, eventually is trained by this never-ending stream of lopsided and biased reporting to believe that guns are at the center of all things evil. If they are not totally convinced of this by the media, many "hunters" (I use the term loosely here) and other gun owners supply the additional fodder necessary to turn these NEUTRALS into ANTI's. Some examples: road signs shot full of holes, public displays of "road hunting" skills, trespassing, littering, damaged fences, livestock shot, crop or field damage by vehicles, senseless hunting-related "accidents", crowds of blaze orange drunks at the local tavern, unnecessary public display (even parading) of bloody carcasses on vehicles in town, careless conversation depicting gory details of the hunt, etc., etc., etc.. <BR>Hunters and other gun owners can't afford to be viewed in a negative light. It's killing us. I have found a way to (hopefully) help minimize those negative displays, by volunteering as a hunter education instructor with our local Department of Natural Resources. The teaching of hunting ethics now takes up about equal class time as does gun and bow safety matters. I realize this is only part of the puzzle, but every little bit helps. We should all try to learn how to effectively turn the NEUTRALS and ANTI's around to our way of thinking, when those opportunities arise. Instructional info. on how to go about this task is fairly abundant, so go team, go! LC

stv Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I have said this before and it needs repeating often - To a liberall it is really about control. CONTROLL - they want to control your thoughts, your education, your taxes( so they can pander to the bottom feeders) and your basic freedoms, (what is politically correct to say, think or do.) One of the bariers to control is that it is difficult to gain complete control of an armed citizenry. Why do you think Hiltler, Stalin, Mao, etc. first must disarm their people!!! It would be nice to ask the victims of the holocaust - but there are damned few survivors. Now get in line like a good sheeple and shut up and pay your taxes.<BR>RIGHT - stv

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
stv;<P>Well put!<P>------------------<BR>Lest not we forget, America is a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, spread your knowledge, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The thing that burns me up the most is how the "ANTI'S" and members of our government think it's ok to sue Gun Manufacturers! That is the biggest crock of SH*T ever. The manufacturers are in it to supply honest citizens and to make money, that's what free enterprise is all about! People need to realize that guns are made to kill and destroy things, but they are not responsible for the death of a single human being or animal for that matter. The person behind it makes a conscience decision to pull that trigger. If you lay a gun on a table and noone touches it I will bet everyone a $100 that it won't jump up and shoot someone. Also, if we can sue the maker, then let's get technical, the gun actually doesn't deposit any energy into a living target...the bullet does, so sue the bullet makers and the powder makers and the people who made the brass! Hell more people have been killed on the highway by drunk drivers and have we once decided to sue the vehicle makers for putting that product out there. People need to wake up and realize that the blame is not on the gun and the perpetrator of the crime is NOT the victim! Once we start blaming the criminals and not looking for outs we will be a lot better off.....GH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1936M71, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,490
Posts18,509,026
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.