Print Thread
Hop To
T
teesh Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Model 6 (Super Varminter) vs. Predator Pursuit.

Which would you choose between the two? Advantages and disadvantages of each?

Trigger differences?
Barrel differences?
edit: What is the difference between the NATO chambering and the Wylde?

another edit: for me the barrel length may be the deciding factor. I prefer the less heavy 20' vs the 24" on the Stag.

The Stag sure looks like it gives the Predator Pursuit some competition. The latest Guns & Ammo has a write-up on the Stag that appears to be favorable.
Thanks for any feedback.

Last edited by teesh; 07/02/08.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
GB1

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Impossible to know. I got an Olympic Arms Targer-Match and it shoots AWESOME.

1.35 inch groups at 200 yards with reman Ultramax ammo.

I would go RRA on reputation, but that is all.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 07/02/08.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Both make a decent AR, but I think that RRA is more setup towards a varminting model. Most people that end up building their AR's for varminting use the RRA trigger. I think if it were me I would use a Stag lower with a RRA trigger, Then add a varmint upper from Stag or RRA. Esox357

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Both my AR's were built from Stag parts except the varment rifle has an OLY upper on it 243WSSM 24" heavy barrel. The lighter brush gun is in 458 Socom but it is all Stag except the 458 Barrel and I think the BCG is colt.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went with the Stag Super Varmiter because I shoot southpaw and they make it both ways. Made my decision a lot easier!

DT

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have RRA and FIL has Stag lefty. He was supposed to have a NM trigger but I can honestly say that trigger sucks. The RRA NM trigger is the cats meow.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by teesh
Model 6 (Super Varminter) vs. Predator Pursuit.
The Stag sure looks like it gives the Predator Pursuit some competition. The latest Guns & Ammo has a write-up on the Stag that appears to be favorable.
Thanks for any feedback.

Most of the gun magazines today, unfortunately, are only good for pictures and basic specs of the guns that are written about. If you look back at most of the issues, how many of the articles are glowing reports? How many negatives are written about?

There have been a few writers for some of them that each month write about "The best designed gun ever!" until next month, and then its a new "Best designed gun ever!"

If you go back a year or two as well from some of the publications, you'll begin to notice the same topics being written about again and again.

Asking questions and looking for user reviews are your best bet, as you are doing. I honestly don't waste my money on magazines any more like when I was a kid, as the my waders don't fit anymore for the deep BS.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
When you read write-ups in the gun rags about equipeant tests, pay as much attention to what they don't say as to what they do.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,751 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,687
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.