338rcm Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
which one offers more for the money?

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Can't comment on the Bushnell's but I was at Cabela's the other day playing with the 10x42 mojave. Very nice bino. Liked the design and feel. The glass was very clear, crisp and bright.
However, the field of view was very narrow. Everytime I kept looking through them, it felt like I was looking through a very narrow tunnel. The more I looked, the more annoying it became.
I believe the spec stated the FOV was around 265.
Other than the narrow FOV, nice bino. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You might take a look at the Promaster Infinity Elite ELX 10x42 ED. Just a thought

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have had the chance to do a comparison of my 10x Viper to the 10x e2. The two are pretty similar optically, and you would likely be satisfied with it, if it generally suits what you want. You don't give much of a clue as to what you need from a binocular. Like the second poster, I like the Mojave, but think the 10x fov is on the verge of too small. It seems like a pretty good glass except for that.

Now as to the best bang for the buck. The e2 costs about exactly the same as the new Promaster ELX ED that has been reviewed here. Since that is the case, I assume that is within your price range. So, the way I see it right now, is that there is no other $500 binocular that will touch the Promaster. That's the route I plan to take. About everything that can be said about the Promaster has been said here over the last week.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Personally, I may of missed something but it seems to me like the Promaster is a new glass, basically untested by the test of time.

B4 I proclaimed it to be the second coming I'd see how it handles the test of time and some hard use. Plus how they handle the warranty and quality issues that will be showing up.

Just my thoughts...

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
IC B2

338rcm Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
doug, were are the promasters made? cant find anyone here in denver that stocks them. would like to see a pair if the are japanese. checked out the bushnells and leupold at sportsmans and was impressed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are made in China.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Personally, I may of missed something but it seems to me like the Promaster is a new glass, basically untested by the test of time.

B4 I proclaimed it to be the second coming I'd see how it handles the test of time and some hard use. Plus how they handle the warranty and quality issues that will be showing up.

Just my thoughts...

Agree 100%.
Dober

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We have been selling Promaster products for years and their customer service and handling of the very rare repair has been a no hassle situation.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

338rcm Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
sorry, but i cant see paying $500 for a chinese made binocular that hasnt been thourgholy tested,through all types of hunting situations.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For not much more, $579, Doug's blowing out some Minox 10X43 HG's.

I look forward to getting the pair I ordered and should have a good chance to ring them out. Optical as well as environmental testing wink

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by 338rcm
sorry, but i cant see paying $500 for a chinese made binocular that hasnt been thourgholy tested,through all types of hunting situations.

I hope to remedy that shortly.

wink

Frank
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks Frank, that's what I'm waiting for.

Thanks

Rob

Rob

// Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.//
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by BrocksDad
Thanks Frank, that's what I'm waiting for.

Thanks

Rob

They have been out on two scouting excursions already but our early "doe-only" season doesn't start for another two weeks.

Frank
338rcm Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
went to a couple sporting goods stores and a camera shop today to compare binoculars. like jg1418 said the fov on the mojave is very narrow. i like everything about the e2s except how the neckstrap attaches to the bino.camera shop has the promasters in stock here. i took them outside a checked them out. maybe its my eyes but i was not impressed at all.looked at the zeiss conquest 10x40 and like it the best. yes its way more money. any others recomendations under $800?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
338rcm,

Gotta say you made a point there that caught my attention. It's something I should have paid a little more attention to. My first impression with the revese focus direction and the extreme slow apparent slow movement rate and the immediate impression I got of the depth of focus in the Promaster may well have seen me cast it over for something else that had a little different first impression. Especially if I had a multilayered choice to pick from. I also had the luxury of having that glass for several days. It did take some time to get used to it and for the good points to come out. Points up the need to be careful in your selection process and don't get rushed. You can get a lot of good advice here, but you are the one who ultimately has to use what yoy buy. Looks like you're taking your time and thinking, so you ought to come out OK. FWIW, I also like the Vortex Razor and the Leupold GR at that price level. Like anything Leupold here, that one will be either love or hate with not much in the middle. I'd at least give it a look.

Steve

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Vortex Razors ??

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
338rcm,

On the other hand, did you look at the regular lower cost Promaster Infinity Elite, or the higher end Promaster Infinity Elite ELX ED? I have no idea why in the world Promaster used such a similar naming approach, appears a dumb move.

Steve

338rcm Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
STEVEC99 they were the infinity elite elx model.for now i think ill save up and get a pair of zeiss or meoptas. cant see were the promaster mojave or elite e2s is any better than the minox or olympus i have now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (257 mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 21 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.