Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Huntbear ,

Any idea where these "bugs" can be purchased .... is this that complicated or can this type of thing be done as a project ?

What is the name of a supply house ? ... do you need a license to purchase supplies ?

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Contact your local taxidermy shop. They will have access to them, and no, I do not believe you have to have a license to use them. The beetles eat only raw meat and tissue, leaving the skull perfectly clean. Either that or you can go the boiling route, (not one I like)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Maine_Rifle
Hindsite ,

yes ... this bull was shot the last saturday of the first season ... things have dried and also is pretty rank ... have also salted thing to try to keep the smell down .

I did use the tightest tip but maybe the pressure is the real issue .... can I hire you and your equipment ?

Seeing as you said it is rank, I will let you run my pressurer washer FREE of charge.........

I'll stand back and watch! grin

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Hindsite

I am soaking it in salt and water , pickling it I guess . Thought about you comments of being dry .. figured if I soaked it my pressure washer might handle it and the just like hides the salt reduces the smell .

Will keep you posted .... the bugs sound real interesting though

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Hindsite

I am soaking it in salt and water , pickling it I guess . Thought about your comments of being dry .. figured if I soaked it my pressure washer might handle it and the just like hides the salt reduces the smell .

Will keep you posted .... the bugs sound real interesting though

By the way did you go to the trading post last week when Palin was there .... could have asked what rifle his wife shot the moose with and answered the post on the campfire

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Maine_Rifle
Hindsite

I am soaking it in salt and water , pickling it I guess . Thought about your comments of being dry .. figured if I soaked it my pressure washer might handle it and the just like hides the salt reduces the smell .

Will keep you posted .... the bugs sound real interesting though.

By the way did you go to the trading post last week when Palin was there
.... could have asked what rifle his wife shot the moose with and answered the post on the campfire

I did go to the Todd Palin rally and was impressed by the croud that showed up.

Here is Todd making the rounds with Iditarod champ Martin Buser who is standing to his right.

[Linked Image]

Can you spot the Secret Service? grin

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Didn't know Buser was with the campaign. Interesting.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
Didn't know Buser was with the campaign. Interesting.

Martin actually spoke before Todd and had some great praise for Sarah. He then introduced Todd who received a loud cheer from the crowd.

There were about a half a dozen protestors and about 2000 supporters! grin

Hunting the "Roar",
Mark Luce

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 16penny, 41 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.