Hop To
M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

NRA Alert issued 3/13/04 : NEW YORK
Several bills that would impact law-abiding gun owners, hunters, and sportsmen are currently pending in the Assembly. They include
A 3311, which would prohibit the sale of any pistol or revolver not containing a "child-proofing" device; and A 4615C, which legislates how gun owners must store their firearms and creates new crimes and penalties. Reported out of the Assembly Ways and Means Committee this week were A 7039 (same as S 4453), which bans the sale, use, and possession of .50-caliber firearms; and A 8542B, which would expand the current ballistic "identification" program to include rifles and shotguns. These measures now head to the Assembly floor for consideration. A 8456A, which would place many new onerous restrictions and requirements on firearm dealers, was also reported out of the Assembly Ways and Means Committee and was referred to the Assembly Rules Committee. Please contact your Assembly member and urge him to OPPOSE the proposals listed above. Also please keep in mind that, although the New York State Senate has rejected Governor George Pataki`s (R) plan for renewable pistol licenses and new state fees contained in budget bills S. 6056/A. 9556, the budget process won`t be over until it`s finally adopted by the Legislature, so it is important to encourage lawmakers to continue to stand firm in opposing the Governor`s plan. To get contact information for your Representatives please use the "Write Your Representatives" tool at www.NRAILA.org.

I mailed letters to my Assemblyman, State Senator, and the Governor this morning. The NRA link above will let you email your representatives, but you need to write your own letter text. Cut and paste some of the above alert makes it easy....

Anybody else here willing to take action on this?

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
GB1

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
It is my understanding that ALL of these passed?

Time to write the senators folks...

M
Mssgn Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
they all passed.

The senate has already passed a 50 bmg ban too.

I'll bet a paycheck Pataki signs it too........

Why do I even bother to vote?

I'm going to seriously start looking for a transfer out of state

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Yeah, I hate to say but I'm seriously thinking about moving too--hitting the house and job listings online. Sadly thats probably fine w/ Pataki--get the rable rousers out, and he obviously won't mind raising taxes on the people who are left to make up for the lost taxes. The man is pond scum.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 48 invisible), 2,114 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,261
Posts18,504,828
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.