Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Heeman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I bought a "complete" bolt assembly (Ruger 77 MKII in 7 Mag, just what I needed) from a seller on Gunbroker.
When I recieved it, I got a correct bolt with a worn cocking ramp, a broken firing pin, a broken pin spring and a well pitted shroud all assembled together.
He sure knows how to word his descriptions contingencies.
It's pretty funny this guy is out just to make money the dishonset way.
I am disappointed but I am not going to do anything about it.
I am going to just toss the whole thing in the trash.
It was buying it for a friend that lost his bolt.
I posted a negative feedback on him and he calls me a liar and lies himself by saying that I tried to return it for a refund.
As soon as I opened the package and saw the bolt, I knew I had lost my money and was not going to pursue it any further. He had his butt covered. I just cut my losses and lesson learned.
I feel I had to leave a negative feedback to warn the next possible "sucker".
He had like 1200 positives and 16 negatives that still leaves him at 99.9%. I later read his negatives and just laughted to myself! I kind of knew what kind of response I would get from him when I sent a negative to him. And sure enough I did get one that made me look like a bad buyer. Oh wel, now I am at 50% negative!
Just thought I'd inform you all of my misfortunes.
I will not post his name or seller name on the forums but if you want to know, you can PM me.

Stuart

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Sorry to hear it. I've gotten burned on fleabay and right here in the classifieds. I no longer buy used, sight unseen. New I will still do.

Jeff
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Don't they have a required return policy?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably from a Katrina rifle.

Bruce

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
It took me a moment to figure that out. crazy

Jeff
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've generally had better luck on the " Forum Boards" than other internet places. I got a bad AR barrel once but I didn't know it for several months. I was having cataract surgery and couldn't figure why I couldn't shoot any better after I healed. Then I looked in the barrel with a borescope and found a hole in the lands next to the gas port as big as a well.
When I sell I understate the condition and make it clear what the defects are. When I sell stuff I don't want it back or the hassle of an unhappy buyer. So far I never had one.
If I want to off something I go to a gunshow and find a dealer trying to take advantge of me and let him.

Last edited by drducati; 01/09/09.

Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Stuart,

What's the guy's name on gunbroker?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Prolly Clay Harvey.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sorry to hear it. Similar thing happened to me. I've purchased lots of things at sites like that one. Bought a Case pocket knife on ebay. The guy illustrated a very nice model of Case knife, and I bought it based on the illustration. Get it and it's a completely different knife. I tell the guy he sent me the wrong knife, and he tells me to bring up picture number two on his ad. Sure enough, picture number two was the knife he sent me, but the picture that's in his ad from the start was a different one. He claimed that was just a picture of a Case knife, and to see the one he was selling you had to bring up picture number two. I could tell from his attitude that if I sent it back, he was going to keep the knife and the money, so I just kept it and determined never to deal with the guy again.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Unhappily I've come to the conclusion the savings from "deals" at auction and classifieds are quite expensive when amortized with the screwing you take.

Jeff
IC B3

Heeman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by isaac
Don't they have a required return policy?

I don't know what kind of policy gunbroker has but this seller stated everything. No refunds, cahiers checkor money order only.
He put everything down correctly except for "a piece of worthless junk".
He well covered himself.
I just got burned period.

Heeman Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by bcp
Probably from a Katrina rifle.

Bruce

BCP,
You are probably right!
This seller is one state away from Luisiana.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
There's a group of us here on the 'fire that agree, on the forum and in plain sight of everyone, that if it's not what you thought you get all your money back. Plain and simple. Wish that group was larger, as it sure is fun to do business with the these guys.

Wayne

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Exactly!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Plus one!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
There is a little card that people are required to fill out to declare themselves aliens. Put his name and address on one and send it in. I hear it takes about 5 years to get out of the ICE computer system.

No, don't do that. Just enjoy thinking about it.

Be not weary in well doing.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I got a lousy deal on Gunbroker, too--rifle came with a broken scope (as in "broken into two pieces") and rifle wouldn't feed properly. Seller would not even reply to my emails to help get it straightened out.

AuctionArms has a mandatory 3-day inspection period as part of all firearm listings, so that's where I took my online gun-buying business.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It happened to me too but I didn't lose a lot of $. I bought a "better than new" Rem 700 mountain rifle in 280. Supposedly had a lapped barrel. What BS. It was an old 700 with a pitted and shot out barrel that was reblued. The action was OK so I just had a gunsmith pull the barrel off and parted the thing out. I maybe lost $50 but it was a good lesson. Anymore, if I am truly interested in an item, I ask for close up pictures and other pics to be emailed. If the guy complies, then my trust level goes up. The ones that just ignore me, get what they give.

Sorry to here about your problem.

RH

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is no fun if we cant all look at the auction.
Auction # 118030076

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bought a pair of Wayfarers off fleabay awhilst back. Only thing was, they weren't Wayfarers, they were knock-offs. I just ate them. It's not that I don't believe in complaining or trying to force somebody to be ethical, it's just that it's too much trouble.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,169
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.