Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Drivers side floorboard is cleaned up. Still got the passenger side to do.

I think I'm goona leave the stuff thats behind the seat and on the back wall though. You cant see it when the seat is in, and maybe it will help deaden some of the sound.

Turned around to grab a wrench and found this thing when I spun back around.

Gotta love him, but damn its hard to get anything done when he's around

[Linked Image]

I know the feeling with the companion but no fears he is just marking his territory making sure you know the passenger seat is his.Mine is barney in my avatar pic actually that was was taken while i was working on my truck and he wouldn't leave me alone so i took pic with my phone.He goes with me on most all trips he can sit there 10-12 hrs and never bug you other then the pet once in awhile

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

I LOVE MY COUNTRY IT'S THE GOV'T I FEAR
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
He sees an open truck door and that means He gets to go "least in his mind it does" lol

He can sit and be content to hang out the window longer than you can sit and drive. HOWEVER!!! every 3hours and 47minuets you must stop and let him pee. You dont wanna wait for 3hours and 48minuets trust me. Nice thing is that he will give you about 2 mins worth of a warning.

Last edited by mud_bogger; 03/02/09.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
LOL laugh laugh

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
she's comming along nicely bogger...and quick.

I like the pooch, looks like you'll have a boggin' partner for a while anyway.

That tranny looks pretty heavy duty for an old 4 banger.

Dave, are those Preadator carbs the big ol square box ones? or am I thinking of the Deamon's?

I remember them, but don't know anybody that actually had one.

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I put the yota tranny, drivelines, an the block on craigslist. Hopefully I can bring in a lil bit of cash and maybe cover the cost of that 302, or better yet the adapter that I need.

After thinking on it for a while, I'm goona sell the NP208 and just run the yota TransferCase behind the NP435. It just opens up my options as far as axles go, as its the passenger drop where the 208 is a drivers drop.
Since I wanna keep it narrow I might just stick with the yota axles as it is and just replace the shafts. Found a line of them that are rated for 9000' lbs torque. That should hold up to the 302 grin But if they dont, they do have a lifetime warranty

Thats the general direction I'm thinking of going. Granted I'll probly change my mind half a dozen times between now and tomorrow but thats how it goes. Main objective is to get the motor/trany/Tcase all bolted together. That way I can work on motor and tranny mounts while I work up a lil extra cash for the motor itself.

Last edited by mud_bogger; 03/03/09.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd use the tougher axles in the yota equipment too. If you can find stronger ones, and it sounds like you have, that'd be what I would do.

It gives you a lot of pluses. Stock width, stronger, if you're keeping the stock trans, you can use the stock drive shafts. You might be building new driveshafts, but it will give you a starting point anyway.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yeah, square box looking carbs.

popular with mud runners, off road racers etc

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
http://callieskustoms.com/CalliesKustoms-Predator.html

Looks like they still make them. Aint cheap though...

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
yep, that's the one.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Price was pretty normal for a Hi-Po carb.

Ugly suckers aren't they?

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Looks like they tried to pretty them up. They used to be painted or anodized if I remember.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I guess I remember people painting them to match the engines & stuff but i had remembered them as just raw aluminum. it's been a while tho, not possitive.

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Floor boards are cleaned up. Found a few odd ball bolt holes that I wanna weld up as they werent being used. Also found a patch of rust shocked bout 2"x4" or so. I'll cut that out and get it patched up next.

Also got to thinking about the odd ball holes and patch of rust that was hidden under that stuff. So I'm going to go ahead and pull the rest of that stuff off.

Last edited by mud_bogger; 03/04/09.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good idea. Get it now while it is all tore apart. Pain in the azz stuff to fix, but it will matter in the long run.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
put an add on craigslitsthat I was looking for a 302 bell housing. I got an answer from a guy that had one. His address looked familiar.

The SOB pulled the bellhousing off, before he sold me the transmission. Now he wants to sell me that. Half of me says jump on it as its a decent price and I know it will work.

However the spitefull hardheaded side of me. Says [bleep] him, and I'll buy it elsewhere even if it costs me more.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
i myself wouldn't buy it but it is needed so i guess it's a catch 22

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Somebody else answered my add, I'll pick up that bellhousing on saturday.

granted, its goona cost me a lil more than 1/2 tank of fuel and around 3 hours or so of my time. But thats better than buyin the other one IMO grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd have called him, told him who you were and said you just bought the tranny from him. Maybe he'd have given you a deal or even given it to you. Who knows.

Are you puting that motor in already? Or still ripping and tearing?

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Still ripping and tearing for now. I dont wanna start putting in the motor until I get the tranny and transfer case mounted to it. I figure it will help with getting it lined up correctly.

I need the transfercase adapter first though, and I cant afford it right now.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Been cleaning up the floorboards of the truck, getting things ready for the bedliner. Mainly because until a few minuets ago, it wasnt costing me anything.

Anyways I'm sitting in a lil roller chair. The truck is high enough that I can have my legs under the truck, kinda like a desk lol.

Well the grinder catches and due to my cat like youthfull reflexes and super hero senses I managed to get away with only minor injuries. But the grinder is still switched on and bouncing on the floor boards wich are even with my face.

I kick back and the chair hits the trannsmissions and ejects me. By the time I find the end of the cord to unplug it, It had ate the cord, seized the wheel and was smoking the schit outta the motor grin
[Linked Image]

After I got the thing unwound, I spun the wheel by hand. You know the sound that a bicycle makes when theres a playing card stuck in the spokes?????Yea thats the kind of sounds I'm getting when I spin it by hand LOL. The thing still works but for some reason It just doesnt have the power that it used to grin

Goona have to pick up another 4" grinder tomorrow.

Anywaysheres the progress so far. Floorboards are cleaned up for the most part. I'm goona pull that rubber crap off the back wall though. Its starting to annoy me.
[Linked Image]

Gasp!!!! Its a rust bucket, we better scrap it.
laugh[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,599
Posts18,511,378
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.