Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Condolenses X3. wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Maybe they have a secret reliabilty package they put in before shipping to Alabama but i've seen most of 'em work and when the ones failed it was due to operator failure.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A few million drunken rednecks can't all be wrong......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Condolenses X3. wink

I didn't have to pay for them. The guy who sold 'em to me took 'em back. Especially after he took a 7400 off the wall and tried to cycle a single round thru them. Wouldn't work.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
seems like they used to make ten rounders but they were expensive, I have not seen them lately either.

Declaration of Independance, in ENGLISH
U.S. Constitution, in ENGLISH
U.S. Bill of Rights, in ENGLISH
If you cannot or don't want to learn ENGLISH, go back to the third world cesspool you came from
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just bought 3 of the 10 round Eagle mags hoping they will run in a 7600. That's the model for accuracy and reliability. Not saying it's a battle rifle by a long shot, but I'd put more trust in mine than any Remmy/Winny jam-o-matic I've seen.

Would you mind letting us know how they work? I've wondered the same.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PAUL_M
I had a 7400 once. I couldn't empty the 4 round mag without it jamming.

But with a 10 rounder, you could make it jam 2-3 times! smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Be glad to. Right now my Model 6 (7600) is getting a new recoil pad and some sight/optic work, but I'll be picking it up next week and will check it out then.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I just bought 3 of the 10 round Eagle mags hoping they will run in a 7600. That's the model for accuracy and reliability. Not saying it's a battle rifle by a long shot, but I'd put more trust in mine than any Remmy/Winny jam-o-matic I've seen.

The 760-series rifles are a much better choice.
Than the 7600 or than the 740/7400?

The pump is a better choice than the semi-auto.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I agree Vic. I thought you were saying the earlier 760 was a better rifle than the later 7600. I've heard some say so, and was looking for a reminder as to that opinion, if it was yours. I've had an '06 in the 7600 action for over 20 years and a 35 Whelen for a few, and never had a reliability issue with either.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the "jam-o-matic rarely functions through a standard mag full.....

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I agree Vic. I thought you were saying the earlier 760 was a better rifle than the later 7600. I've heard some say so, and was looking for a reminder as to that opinion, if it was yours. I've had an '06 in the 7600 action for over 20 years and a 35 Whelen for a few, and never had a reliability issue with either.

Not what I meant and I apologize for the ambiguity. The pumps are very reliable and the accuracy is a pleasant surprise. I would be confident in any of the series of pumps.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be glad to. Right now my Model 6 (7600) is getting a new recoil pad and some sight/optic work, but I'll be picking it up next week and will check it out then.

Thanks. I have one of the same vintage and caliber. Might come in handy some day.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Southerntier8

[Linked Image]

They work. I ran a full mag through the rifle from each mag and only had one issue. The OAL was a bit long on one round, so I seated deeper and all is well. They fit tight and you have to start the muzzle end first, but they work. I haven't fired the rifle with them, just got it back and it's raining, but can't believe it will be any different running live round through with or without touching them off.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Southerntier8

[Linked Image]

They work. I ran a full mag through the rifle from each mag and only had one issue. The OAL was a bit long on one round, so I seated deeper and all is well. They fit tight and you have to start the muzzle end first, but they work. I haven't fired the rifle with them, just got it back and it's raining, but can't believe it will be any different running live round through with or without touching them off.

Looks good.

Now you have you a sure enough real life Pennslyvania Machine Gun grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Now you have you a sure enough real life Pennslyvania Machine Gun
Yes I do. And that's the name I chose to save the pic under. wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,418
Posts18,470,528
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.