Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JOG Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody laff�this isn�t funny.

My brother has two German Shorthair Pointers � �Jet�, a three-year old male, and �Belle�, a 6-month old female.

Belle entered her first heat this spring, and while the eventual goal is a litter between these two, she is too young at present and needs to grow up a little more. Jet of course, doesn�t see things that way � he thinks Belle is juuust right. The only solution to this dilemma is to lock up both dogs under house arrest. Things have been going okay for the last couple weeks, a mess and a hassle, but okay.

Last Tuesday with my brother and his wife at work and the kids at school - Jet staged a jailbreak.

Somewhat fortunately, Jet was in the "house kennel" and Belle was in the "garage kennel". The only thing Jet got to f##k up was the house�and boy did he ever. Whatever goes through a lovesick dog�s mind I�ll never know. I can kinda understand the dog ripping down all the blinds and drapes since windows are a way OUT, but trying to dig through interior walls?

At some point, Jet found himself in a downstairs bathroom. At some point, the door shut behind him. Nobody knows if this was before or after he chewed the water supply line off the toilet. Maybe the huge spray of water startled Jet and in the scramble the door shut � we�ll never know. We do know that Jet, shut in the bathroom with water spraying all over, went into a full-scale frenzy.

He ripped down the blinds.

He ripped up a half-dozen rolls of toilet paper.

He clawed the walls.

He tried to eat the doorknob.

He tore off the toilet seats.

He jumped on top of the vanity and broke four bulbs off the light bar.

And still the water flowed�.

A daughter was the first human to come upon the scene. She sloshed through the downstairs looking for Jet to no avail until she came to the closed bathroom door. She pushed open the door and eight-inches of water, dammed-up by shredded toilet paper, added to the flood in the rest of the downstairs. She didn�t see Jet until she turned to leave and came face to face with him perched on top of the vanity. He was wagging his tail�

The downstairs area contains a bedroom, a family room, my brother�s shop, a computer area, and a utility room. The flood damage/restoration company that was called into duty removed all the carpet, the bottom one-foot of sheetrock from all the walls. All the doors (the bottoms had warped), and had piled all the furniture in the middle of the family room. They installed blowers and dehumidifiers all over the...freakin� disaster area. On the second day of the job the new workers wanted to meet �The Legend� as they called him, the entity that their entire company was abuzz about � good ol� Jet.

My brother has good insurance and the �over/under� for the repairs is $25,000. My brother�s bet is �over� and mine is �way over�. We won't know the final amount until the workmen finish in a week or so.

I guess the old adage is true, �ya just don�t mess with Mother Nature�.

Stop laffin�!

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
JOG, I gotta tell you that I am making absolutely no effort to contain my laughter. The funniest thing is this: When that young lady turned around and saw Jet, I can just see the expression of pride and happiness on his face for a job well done! And, FINALLY, here was one of his people to admire his handiwork. ......damn dog..... what else can you say? RS

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm with RipSnort, couldn't stop laughing. I even called my wife in here to read this, bad idea now she says we'll never have a dog in the house. My GSP is relegated to an outside kennel. Let us know the final damage total.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (257man, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 64 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,691
Posts18,534,514
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.