Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag
Reporting
Carol Cavazos
MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―

Is it okay to show your patriotism at the office?

For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

McLucas said the supervisor who complained has been in the United States for 14 years and is formerly from Africa. McLucas said the supervisor took down Debbie's flag herself.

"The flag and the pole had been placed on the floor," McLucas said. But McLucas also said hospital higher ups had told her some patients' families and visitors had also complained.

"I was told it wouldn't matter if it was only one person," she said. "It would have to come down."

McLucas said hospital bosses told her as far as patriotism was concerned, the flag flying outside the hospital building would have to suffice.

Kindred Hospital Corporate Headquarters are located in Kentucky. They have yet to make a final decision on the matter. They have not returned our phone calls for comment.

The Kindred Hospital Corporation was chosen as Fortune's most admired for 2009. McLucas hopes they'll back her patriotism.

"I find it very frightening because if I can't display my flag, what other freedoms will I lose before all is said and done," McLucas asked.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
DISGUSTING - -

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'd plant that flag pole where the sun don't shine on that objecting supervisor! Then I'd tell the bitch to go back to Africa and practice there!! [bleep] ungrateful scum bag!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
I'd plant that flag pole where the sun don't shine on that objecting supervisor! Then I'd tell the bitch to go back to Africa and practice there!! [bleep] ungrateful scum bag!
You're a helluva lot more polite than I'd be...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
+1000 on all thes posts! I have a flag pin on my name badge, as well as my NRA life member pin. The only comments I've received have been positive, except one. She asked me why I had pins on other than my nursing school pin. I said, "Because I live in the United States, that's why." Been many years since then, and still gainfully employed.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Someone would have gotten their ass kicked, I can say without a doubt, I probably would have gone to jail over this. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
http://www.kindredhealthcare.com/contact.asp

Contact Us

Kindred Healthcare
Corporate Headquarters
680 South Fourth Street
Louisville, Kentucky 40202
502-596-7300
800-545-0749

e-mail: web_administratorkindredhealthcare.com

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Here's their contact info.. I just sent them a nice, kind note...

http://www.kindredmansfield.com/contactus.asp

DANG.. I'm too late.. laugh laugh

Last edited by Redneck; 05/27/09.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Absolutely disgusting.
How in the hell is the American flag offensive?
Proof the world is full of azzholes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nastygram sent. A woman who came here from Africa 14 years ago?? To a country that has allowed her to be safe and prosper and she complains about OUR Flag??? Send her back to where is she can dodge the rape squads and the child soldiers who excel at murder.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I would have a very difficult time controlling my soft spoken,sensitive demeanor with that supervisor!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
I would have a very difficult time controlling my soft spoken,sensitive demeanor with that supervisor!

I as well. Not saying this is right or wrong BUT this is what may very well be going on here. Perhaps this is why O did not wear the US Flag lapel pin.

Source: http://southernpartysw.tripod.com/southernpartiesofthesouthwestssecondsite/id5.html

Charge #3: The Confederate Flag flew over Slavery.

While this is true, the same can be said of the u.S. Flag. The u.S. Flag flew over slavery a full 70 years before the Confederate States of America came into existence. The Confederate Flag never flew over the Ships that brought the slaves over here. To top it all off, the Confederate States of America freed her slaves in 1863; the Federal Union didn�t do it until 1868 with the passage of the 13th amendment.

The Confederate flag was a more egalitarian flag than the Federal flag, in that it had integrated troops within its army. In the Federal army, the black troops served in their own divisions and served under white officers. These troopers saw very little combat; they mostly served in servile roles, serving mostly as laborers and personal servants to the white officers.

The Confederate Army used Blacks both as Soldiers and laborers, there were those white officers in the Confederate Army that had personal servants, but this was not the norm. The Black Soldiers in the Confederate Army were paid the same rate as the White Soldier, they were paid more If they served as laborers. Plus if the Black Confederate soldiers found any Northern weapons or equipment, they could sell them to the Confederate Army for about twice what they were worth on the open market.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks for the link. Strongly worded message sent. Offerred a couple suggestions re the supervisor, too. mad All worded politely, though. wink

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
VA and Redneck - thanks for the links - I sent off my "thoughts" to both places. I am sure they will understand my feelings.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'd have shoved that flag pole up his ass and carried him like a corn dog out the door.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am sure I probably would have met some folks with badges on had that been I.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The flag would be up where I work.

Retired cat herder.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm not surprised by anything like this anymore.

One of my hunting pards is also my best friend's uncle. My buddy works with me.

The company he worked (note the tense) for went to a demerit system to drive the older guys out so they could hire new, cheap labor. My pard had been working there for 17 years or so. Great worker and can weld anything you put in front of him.

At the time in question, a brother LEO in one of our "cities" got shot in the line of duty. This is a guy that we knew personally and it doesn't happen everyday in NH. As a result, flags were supposed to be flown at half-staff.

My pard looks out and sees the flag flying. He asks the supervisory why it's not down and is basically told to go back to work. My pard explains why the flag should be down and that it's important to him. He's told to go back to work. Pard then responds that he's going to go lower it and is asked if it's worth getting written up for. He responds that it is and asks if the write-up is worth being an azzhole over and promptly walks out to deal with the flag. He did take a rip for it.

People suck!

George

Last edited by NH K9; 05/27/09.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the link the following message was sent:

As an Ex-Serviceman, who has served that Flag and this country, I find it very offensive when an employee can desecrate that flag by tearing said flag down and throwing it on the floor. It further offends me that the person or refugee from a Third World African Nation should be able to slap me and every other American and Veteran in the face by showing disrespect for our Flag and get away with it. Many a good men and women gave their all for that Flag.

What is wrong with your organization when an employee shows some patriotism by displaying her love for her country and she is ostracized for it and you give pass to someone who desecrates our flag who has been given sanction in this country from some Third World Country. If it offends them so much to see someone display their patriotism to this country and to the men and women who serve it maybe he or she should be repatriated to the Third World Country the came from.

The offended employee who had her personal property desecrated should get an apology from management for their stand in the matter and it should never happen again.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good note. Much more tactful than mine.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,169
Posts18,484,568
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.