Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3064348 - 05/28/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: WGM]
ironbender Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: In the shadow of the Kenai Mtn...
I just got this refreshing the photo forum:

Generated in 15.773 seconds in which 15.761 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Then got this clicking this thread to post:

Generated in 24.187 seconds in which 24.164 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.

RV 728 BP
They DON'T Walk Away From a BERGER!  BUY ABM AMMO HERE!
#3064550 - 05/28/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RickBin]
Mannlicher Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: N. Central Florida, and Miami
Rick, even after our bit of conversation, and this thread, I was still unable to get on the 'fire with any regularity.

One thing I tried, and it seems to help, is I re connected the ethernet cable from the wireless modem, and disconnected from the wireless.

#3065246 - 05/29/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: Mannlicher]
3sixbits Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: Just a quarter a mile from the...
You can be smoking at both ends. What you can't control ever, is the following. Check this link, HERE.

Check with any web master and they can tell you the same. I just checked again with my IT guy and he told me this same, again. It's the hub in Seattle that screws us the most often, herein Alaska.

#3070242 - 05/31/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RickBin]
Powerguy Offline
Campfire Tracker

Tis Screaming now Rick

Thanks, PG

#3071749 - 05/31/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RickBin]
1OntarioJim Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: N. Shore, L. Ontario
Rick - I have followed your information but have reached a point where the program is asking for money. In your early comments you said the free version is sufficient. The program apparently found a lot of items requiring fixing. Does this have anything to do with the results I'm getting?
Jim

#3071756 - 05/31/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: 700LH]
jpb Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: northern Sweden
 Originally Posted By: 700LH
Cleaned with CCleaner, then installed Java update.
This nuts puter still took several minutes to open, then log on to campfire using Internet Explorer.
If I use Google Chrome 24 hour loads as fast as any forum I have ever visited.
So, I reckon it'll be a chrome experience from now on.

Be aware that Chrome reports all your internet activity so that Google can serve you up ads related to your interest.

Use Firefox and the add in CustomizeGoogle (I posted on this combo earlier today, so a search should find it).

This combo stops Google from building up a profile on what your search for, the websites you visit, etc.

Still, Chrome is a magnitude of order better than Internet Explorer!

John

#3076426 - 06/02/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: jpb]
1OntarioJim Offline
Campfire Guide

Rick Bin - if you are out there could you please respond to my query of May 31. I've got some of the "error fix" program into my computer but am at a point where things are going slower than ever because I haven't been able to take the clean up to the end without paying. Was there something wrong with your original information?

Jim

#3081431 - 06/04/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RickBin]
snowchaser61 Online   content
Campfire Regular

Loc: New England
WOW, what a difference all sites are much faster now .
Rick thank you very much

#3081651 - 06/05/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: snowchaser61]
Kimber7man Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
Guys,
have any of you tried Safari on a Windows XP machine? Or should I try something else. Internet Explorer is a real drag...

#3082097 - 06/05/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: Kimber7man]
jpb Offline
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted By: Kimber7man
Guys,
have any of you tried Safari on a Windows XP machine? Or should I try something else. Internet Explorer is a real drag...

I have. It was nothing special and inexplicably slow on a few sites.

I went back to Firefox.

John

#3085345 - 06/07/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: jpb]
Kimber7man Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
Man, I just downloaded Google Chrome. Why does anyone use Internet Explorer????

#3085490 - 06/07/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: Kimber7man]
jpb Offline
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted By: Kimber7man
Man, I just downloaded Google Chrome. Why does anyone use Internet Explorer????

A good question indeed.

However, regarding Chrome: it transmits all the websites you visit to Google so that the Google adservers can put up ads tailored to your interests. Yes, that is right... and this info was in the legal stuff you clicked on to agree to when you installed Chrome -- but did not read like everybody else! \:\)

Use Firefox for even faster performance and better privacy.

John

#3098216 - 06/13/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: jpb]
bigwhoop Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Land of loons
I was going to load the CCLeaner but a warning popped up so I backed off. I don't think anything can help my dial-up but 60 gr of H4831SC and a 130gr Partition 2 100 yards.
I wonder if all the ad pop ups slow me down?

#3098218 - 06/13/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: jpb]
bigwhoop Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Land of loons
I was going to load the CCLeaner but a warning popped up so I backed off. I don't think anything can help my dial-up but 60 gr of H4831SC and a 130gr Partition @ 100 yards.
I wonder if all the ad pop ups slow me down?

#3100601 - 06/14/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RickBin]
700LH Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Gem State
After following Ricks advice with the CCleaner and Java, for us Internet Explorer users I would add one more sugestion.
That is to upgrad to Explorer 8.
I have true high speed now.
Thanks Rick

#3100669 - 06/14/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: 700LH]
passport Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: Rockford, MI
WOW! What a difference!

Thanks Rick, that is good info for computer dummys like me.

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750

#3145774 - 07/10/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: passport]
safariman Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: All over the place! missing Af...
OK, I loaded CC cleaner, updated JAVA and did all of the other stuff including changed my baseline system to Mozilla Firefox BUT.... I STILL get page error most of the time when I try to log on. The message is an exclamation point with "The page was re set while loading, try again. I try.... and try..... and try..... and I only get on here very occasionally. VERY frustrating. Rick, if you or anyone else here knows what I should do about this, please e-mail me with the answer to: kritterluverslive.com

A reply here may do me no good as I was unable to get here at all for several days and last night I got in one post before the 'server busy - page was re set' message came back up and kept me off all night and this morning until just now. HELP!!!!!!

Edited by safariman (07/10/09)

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

#3145822 - 07/10/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: safariman]
ironbender Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: In the shadow of the Kenai Mtn...
Rough patch in a new system upgrade. hang in there.

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.

#3146191 - 07/10/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: ironbender]
zimhunter Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Green Valley, Az
This is the only website I consistently have problems with. I haven't made any of the changes and really don't intend to. It is NOT my systemm or computer or software as it is doing the same thing on any of three machines I use. A dell desktop running XP a Compaq Laptop running Vista and this Netbook running XP.My service is thru cox cable. I have difficulty loading most of the time when I have trouble. I get the message 'Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage'. The other problem is navigating within when I finally DO log on. You hit the return and it just freeezes. Enjoy participating when I can but it is definitely becoming one of my less preferred sites because of these problems. Itis the ONLY site I experience these difficulties with.

#3147786 - 07/11/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: zimhunter]
1OntarioJim Offline
Campfire Guide

Ditto!

#3167107 - 07/20/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RickBin]
twosixfour Offline

Loc: West Coast USA
Hate to be a gadfly but designing a website that doesn't work with Explorer is a really bad idea.

Explorer has about a 75% share of the market.

I used to do this for a living and I know what I am talking about. Cleaning caches and other ways of optimizing your browser isn't going to correct poor web protocols.

This board is based on a system [UBB] that has a record of trouble going back many years.

My fear is that this great group of people are going to eventually tire of the site not loading correctly or whatever the problem is.

#3178135 - 07/24/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: twosixfour]
RAS2 Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: west Pa.
loaded and ran ccleaner already had java. faster, but my Zlib is enabled help.

#3245040 - 08/21/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RAS2]
hotsoup Offline
Campfire Tracker

this is, without a doubt, the slowest loading, most troublesome web site i visit (or try to visit) daily. i use windows xp, explorer, kaspersky, java, and others, along with high speed sat. feed, and rarely have speed issues on the other gun/hunting-related sites. i'll keep trying because i enjoy this site.

#3249045 - 08/23/09 Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: ironbender]
baltz526 Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: lapine oregon
couple days ago while being logged on to 24hr, my computer locked up, Mcafee security blocked access and had to update my security and clean my cumputer. fine now

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
RV 180 2
CLICK HERE for HUGE SUMMER DAYS SAVINGS on ZEISS OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
RV 160 1 2
RV 160 2 2
CLICK HERE for GREAT PRICES on LEUPOLD OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Who's Online
110 registered (35, 6mm250, 222Sako, abbydog, 30Herrett, 20 invisible), 411 Guests and 249 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RV 160 3 2
Forum Stats
53,506 Registered Members
72 Forums
693,028 Topics
10,014,072 Posts

Most users ever online: 4,830 @ 12/02/14

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.