Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#3145774 - 07/10/09 08:27 AM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: passport]
safariman Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: All over the place! missing Af...
OK, I loaded CC cleaner, updated JAVA and did all of the other stuff including changed my baseline system to Mozilla Firefox BUT.... I STILL get page error most of the time when I try to log on. The message is an exclamation point with "The page was re set while loading, try again. I try.... and try..... and try..... and I only get on here very occasionally. VERY frustrating. Rick, if you or anyone else here knows what I should do about this, please e-mail me with the answer to: kritterluverslive.com

A reply here may do me no good as I was unable to get here at all for several days and last night I got in one post before the 'server busy - page was re set' message came back up and kept me off all night and this morning until just now. HELP!!!!!!

Edited by safariman (07/10/09 08:28 AM)

Show me good wood wrapped around a CRF action, chambered in a cartridge that is among the fastest of its caliber, or don't show me at all 'cause you did it all wrong.

CI16728
#3145822 - 07/10/09 10:02 AM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: safariman]
ironbender Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: In the shadow of the Kenai Mtn...
Rough patch in a new system upgrade. hang in there.

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.

The Best 7 Minutes On Gun Control

#3146191 - 07/10/09 02:58 PM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: ironbender]
zimhunter Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Green Valley, Az
This is the only website I consistently have problems with. I haven't made any of the changes and really don't intend to. It is NOT my systemm or computer or software as it is doing the same thing on any of three machines I use. A dell desktop running XP a Compaq Laptop running Vista and this Netbook running XP.My service is thru cox cable. I have difficulty loading most of the time when I have trouble. I get the message 'Internet Explorer cannot display this webpage'. The other problem is navigating within when I finally DO log on. You hit the return and it just freeezes. Enjoy participating when I can but it is definitely becoming one of my less preferred sites because of these problems. Itis the ONLY site I experience these difficulties with.

#3147786 - 07/11/09 07:58 AM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: zimhunter]
1OntarioJim Online   content
Campfire Guide

Loc: N. Shore, L. Ontario
Ditto!

#3167107 - 07/19/09 09:16 PM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RickBin]
twosixfour Offline

Loc: West Coast USA
Hate to be a gadfly but designing a website that doesn't work with Explorer is a really bad idea.

Explorer has about a 75% share of the market.

I used to do this for a living and I know what I am talking about. Cleaning caches and other ways of optimizing your browser isn't going to correct poor web protocols.

This board is based on a system [UBB] that has a record of trouble going back many years.

My fear is that this great group of people are going to eventually tire of the site not loading correctly or whatever the problem is.

#3178135 - 07/24/09 12:38 PM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: twosixfour]
RAS2 Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: west Pa.
loaded and ran ccleaner already had java. faster, but my Zlib is enabled help.

#3245040 - 08/21/09 09:20 AM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: RAS2]
hotsoup Offline
Campfire Tracker

this is, without a doubt, the slowest loading, most troublesome web site i visit (or try to visit) daily. i use windows xp, explorer, kaspersky, java, and others, along with high speed sat. feed, and rarely have speed issues on the other gun/hunting-related sites. i'll keep trying because i enjoy this site.

#3249045 - 08/23/09 07:27 AM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: ironbender]
baltz526 Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: lapine oregon
couple days ago while being logged on to 24hr, my computer locked up, Mcafee security blocked access and had to update my security and clean my cumputer. fine now

#3313138 - 09/17/09 09:22 PM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: ironbender]
dave284 Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: W.V.
Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

I'm a computer dummie. How's this and what the heck is Zlib compression? Should it be enabled or disabled?

Thanks,
Dave.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

www.wvcdl.org

#4328396 - 08/15/10 08:01 AM Re: IF THE CAMPFIRE SEEMS SLOW FOR YOU, READ THIS: [Re: dave284]
saddlesore Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
I have a brand new computer, new software, IE8. the works.All other web sites load in a flash.This is the only website I visit that is slow. Usually at least 30 seconds to load and then the same when moving from page to page. also the only web site that I frequent that requires Adobe Flash Player and Java.I belive they are only required for all the advertisements

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
CLICK HERE for GREAT DEALS on VORTEX OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
624 registered (10generation, 1899sav, 00_Sean, 175rltw, 12344mag, 16penny, 75 invisible), 1418 Guests and 356 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50836 Members
72 Forums
642412 Topics
9225527 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.