Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ahh, I am working on a great skim-milk with my cookies!! smile

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok, I might barf grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35

Some of them still post here every once in a while. Some have left us like Sonny and bullwinkle.

Didn't I read that Bullwinkle was killed on a bike ride?

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs

Some of them still post here every once in a while. Some have left us like Sonny and bullwinkle.

Jim had a heart attack and died.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Mr. Boddington, ahem

just thought i'd take a minute away from all the seriousness of this thread to say thanks for what you do. reading your stories and informative articles has given me a lot of hours of enjoyment.

Keep doing what you do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dude, he ain't listening.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

He could be,yah never know.

I'm pretty sure he's part of a conspiracy involving the Federal Reserve to destroy the Ron Paul effort to have a tea party and fix the world.

Bristoe told be it had the mark of the Jewish thing all over it.

Sorry,

Wrong thread. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs

Jim had a heart attack and died.

BCR

Ah, sad to hear either way.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
There once was a kingdom called "shooters.com", and it was a happy place. People met to talk guns, hunting and stuff, kind of like here. Talk was polite, profane, people agreed or got into abusive arguments, also like here. It was a simple land of text and little choice of fonts, but in the primitive net days of the late 1990's people were satisfied.

One day the King of shooters.com banned someone, which led to controversy and the expression of opinions both for and against the King. The King did not like this and developed an outbreak of "bannitis", summarily executing logins like a newly elected African president.

One professional hunter of the kingdom, first name JJ, mentioned that in his wanderings he had learned of a tiny, out of the way Kingdom called "24hourcampfire" with a population of about 2 people, JJ and Rick. There were reportedly other residents but their names are lost in the annals of history. Some disgruntled residents of the Kingdom of Shooters visited, liked what they saw and sent word back. Soon the immigration to the kingdom of "24hcf" as it was known was in full swing.

Lo, great scribes of renown eventually heard of the 24hcf kingdom and stopped by, many staying and establishing semi-permanent residence. Through careful management and a strict policy of not banning anyone except for the unforgivable sin of "Felony Misuse of Duct Tape", very few people were banned and so the Kingdom of 24hcf prospered until it became what you see today.

A nice story, and like Bluedreaux I'm sleepy too! grin

However, one point of correction in your fair tale... JJ and the entire shooters.com cohort showed up after more than a few of us had been here for some time (I'm actually member #30).

I used to post on Shooters occasionally and also at the old Coffee Shop, as well as huntamerica (groan) and accuratereloading... 24hr is the best of the bunch.

Yup. Paul W (I won't even try to spell his last name) is probably the oldest member that is still active. E4E and I shuffled the Shooters.com crew over here--not JJ! Doesn't matter though. We're all here now!

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Waders is member #24. And a good guy besides.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i'm only active when i'm in town.

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang, i just realized you are member #30..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul is member #17--I think RickBin should change his handle to "Father Time."

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We all registered within a few weeks of each other... where does time go?

"Father Time"... grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not that old!!! bastids!! grins

Has been fun though! i do enjoy this place quite a bit!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boddington stayed around for a whopping three posts, somebody must have made quite an impression. He probablly stumbled across eight or nine CA sucks threads. ")

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are correct and I stand corrected. *

On a whim I sorted the user list by member number. Interesting to see who the real old timers are. Good folks all, some real characters among them. I miss Sonnie.

* smell of burning wool must have altered my brain cells. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm kinda surprised at the number who sign up and then leave soon after, I guess the place is a little too intense for some.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Welcome Craig!!

Rick
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to bump this nearly 23 year old thread to the top, just to see how many folks respond with 'welcomes' without reading the OP, nor realizing how old it is.

Hint, the Col is now a retired Brigader General (or was selected anyhow), and hasn't logged into this site since 2001.

GO!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.