-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I think they need to Bring back Ted Nugent, and pair him with Jeff Foxworthy, that would be interesting. Enough with the farms and ranches too. Go out in a real forest and do a real hunt. I do lke how ever, that on one of the shows, Mr. Whitetail often misses. Thats reality. Good for him. I hope they read these blogs and change something.

GB1

P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
i luv it they drive up to the field in their 4 wheel pickup unload their 4 wheeler drive 50 yards across the field put on their 50 pound backpack check their gps their cell phone their 2 way radios its 75 degrees and they are in winter camo toe to head walk 20feet in the woods and climb in a climate controlled tree house with their lazyboy, and coffee pot and face the riggers of the hunt. shoot the deer dead 20 foot away then whisper the replay of the hunt. if it isnt a thompson center fire you will never know what was used( pleeeeese)

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by orion03
I can't figure out the TC thing either. Everyone including their dog uses one on the shows, but I don't know anyone that has one either.

Neither do I. I'm sick of their ads.

I own one of their handugns, but I haven't shot it in a year. Very accurate, but I wouldn't own one of their rifles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't stand Waddel or however you spell it. I love on his show when they went to Africa and everyone in sight had a T/C but when they dropped the Elephant. the hunter had a bolt rifle and the PH had his Double. But I really enjoy Jim Shockey. The gleam in his eye can't be put on. I think he would be a great time around a campfire. My wife will sit down and watch his show and she hates hunting on TV. Most shows blow but Tracks across Africa and Shockey I record as I am a Truck Driver. I also Absolutely LOVE the "Stalking up on the dead deer as the camera man is already behind it shot". That makes me want to scream. Also I was damned near ashamed at buying the 'Beyond Belief 2" movie. What a piece of crap. They preach about "long range" ethics and then take 5 shots to walk the bullets onto a Pronghorn at 1000 yards.

Last edited by k20350; 08/30/09.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm reminded of the wisdom of Nancy Reagon, "Just say NO" when they come on your TV. No one forces you to watch them. Let their ad revenue dry up, and they'll be gone.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
im quite sure after much thought that the animal wont stand for being killed with anything else but a thompson. im heading to the gun shop tomorrow and trade all my guns in for a three barrel set.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by chefhunter
I think they need to Bring back Ted Nugent, and pair him with Jeff Foxworthy, that would be interesting. Enough with the farms and ranches too. Go out in a real forest and do a real hunt. I do lke how ever, that on one of the shows, Mr. Whitetail often misses. Thats reality. Good for him. I hope they read these blogs and change something.

Mr. Whitetail couldn't hit his ass with both hands. I can't believe a "professional hunter" would shoot like that. I've seen him ass shoot a deer on tv.

Uncle Ted has one of the worst shows imo. I've not seen more self promotion on one show ever. I know he tapes some shows in northern WI in a fenced in area. I've driven past it no less than a hundred times, and fence comes right up to the road.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ted has a guy with a video camera attached to his hip ANY time he goes in the woods to hunt, and his place in Texas is less than 350 acres. The cameraman would sort of take it out of my sense of reality, and he shouldn't need to money that constantly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone

Mr. Whitetail couldn't hit his ass with both hands. I can't believe a "professional hunter" would shoot like that. I've seen him ass shoot a deer on tv.

Uncle Ted has one of the worst shows imo. I've not seen more self promotion on one show ever. I know he tapes some shows in northern WI in a fenced in area. I've driven past it no less than a hundred times, and fence comes right up to the road.

Tommy-

I saw a show where he was in said pen in your neck of the woods, IIRC twas December time frame. He was nestled in a box with three or four guys and had a couple of REALLY nice bucks come in and feed. He arrowed one of them, it ran off and expired, a short time later another big buck comes in to feed and he put an arrow through that one as well. The whoremaster scores again!

FWIW, I caught his reality show one time, the LAST guy that should be doing a show on REALITY is that imbecile.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by tzone

Wouldn't happen to be on hwy 51 would it?

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Powerguy

Wouldn't happen to be on hwy 51 would it?

Yeah that's the place. I don't know how big it is, it seems large, but that is the place he hunts. "Forest of Antlers" is what it's called.

Tommy-

I saw a show where he was in said pen in your neck of the woods, IIRC twas December time frame. He was nestled in a box with three or four guys and had a couple of REALLY nice bucks come in and feed. He arrowed one of them, it ran off and expired, a short time later another big buck comes in to feed and he put an arrow through that one as well. The whoremaster scores again!

Yep, saw that show. That occured at the place I'm talking about.

He is a goofy sucker for sure. Can't argue with what he does for gun rights, but his show is 100% self promotion.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

212 members (348srfun, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 257 roberts, 16penny, 23 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,652
Posts18,512,747
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.