Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Toyota, last time I looked, was an Asian company.

That employs over 100,000 workers and not like GM and Chrysler that are losing workers or sending jobs overseas.

Until Toyota is bought by American interests, and pays all of its taxes in the USA, and becomes an American company, you won't find one of those Fugly Tundras in my garage. Or my family's garages. Or my neighbors. Or my friends. Ever.

WOW that is some global perspective. Are you aware that Toyota,Nissan,BMW,Mercedes,Hyundai,Subaru and Kia have substantial investments in the US? Last time i checked they didn't layoff their American employees but the "American" companies did. Your statement is laughable.

GM and Chrysler should have been allowed to go bankrupt.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by srwshooter
americans have got to turning into the dumbest people on earth.
anyone who thinks buying a toyota is going to help our economy is a total idiot. period!!!!!!!

You are right. I see lots of proof that there are some dumb frickin people that post on this site.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Hemi,

Guess you and I have to just be glad that we all live in America, where we still enjoy freedoms that many others don't have- like freedom of speech, a 2nd Amendment which gives the right to keep and bear arms, the right to vote for whomever you wish, and drive whatever kind of vehicle you like.

But, here's an observation- ever notice how defensive the Toyota fanboys get when the subject of US vs. Asian nameplates comes up? Do you think it's because they regret their decision to buy that stuff, but have to justify owning it because they're still making payments? Or, maybe it's guilt because nonsupport of an American industry makes them feel vaguely un-American?

All I know is, in my part of the world, Dodge and Ford trucks make up the vast majority of pickups on the road. I honestly don't know if I could get up in the morning, get behind the wheel of a Toyota Tundra, drive down the road on my way to work or anywhere, knowing what my Dodge, Ford, and GM truck owner friends were saying and thinking about me- because I know what I say and think about the Tundroids!

And, you know what- besides the above reasons, I like good lookin' women, guns, and trucks- and Tundras are just plain Butt Ugly....

I'll race you. Me in my Tundra and you in, let me guess, your Dodge. Last man to the mechanic wins.

Expat

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hemi
I guess we can say we have something in common. I think the same of you- or possibly less.

Hemi
That's your problem: you don't think.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had a Tundra 2006. Always felt embarrassed driving it. The Toyota trucks are a "female's pick-up truck".

You cannot tell me when pulling into hunt camp,ect in a Tacoma/Tundra you do not feel little stupid? OF COARSE YOU DO!

My daughter has the Tundra. They look cute together.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slg888, where we live, trucks are tools. Didn't realize that where you're from they are an accessory. Do you worry if they don't match your purse? FWIW, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by slg888
I had a Tundra 2006. Always felt embarrassed driving it. The Toyota trucks are a "female's pick-up truck".

You cannot tell me when pulling into hunt camp,ect in a Tacoma/Tundra you do not feel little stupid? OF COARSE YOU DO!

LOL... The thought has never crossed my mind when driving my Tundra. If you're feeling a little female like, I'd say it has nothing to do with the truck. blush

I went without a truck for 2 hunting seasons to save some $. I put a hitch on my Corolla and pulled a 5x8 trailer that held my 4 wheeler while I hunted public land. I did feel a little goofy pulling up to check my deer, but I'd have felt the same if it had been a Taurus, Malibu, etc... wink

JCM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now my version of an AMERICAN MADE vehicle is one that is just that, all parts are made in the USA but sadly over the last 3 decades or so, the auto industry in this country had gone overseas or South of the border.

WHY??? Now try asking those in Congress who have let GREEDY CEO'S and Management call the shots to move out of this country. Now without getting into Politics and I do mean both the REPUBLICANS & DEMOCRATS in Congress who have stood by with hands under the table for cash and favors while all this takes place.

YOU just look up what happend to Youngstown Ohio and Pittsburg back in the early 70's!!! YES, the US STEEL INDUSTRY went to JAPAN and thousands of workers got the rug pulled out from under them. NOBODY bailed out those workers or provided any assistance whatsoever......FACT

I pray I will see a comeback of days of old but I fear it will Never be the same with the BIG 3 AUTO Industry again.

YES, Toyota does employ thousands of US workers and if things keep going, we will be flying the Flag of the Rising Sun or CHINA over our present US soil. Sorry for my long rant!!! I think I have earned the right to speak my peace and then some.

I still think FORD makes a better pickup truck but if it were a Diesel, I would look to GMC and the Duramax engine and Allison Tranny.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmm, toy truck never made me question my masculinity. Perhaps there are some underlying issues?

I have seen many guys with the big macho trucks that seem to be compensating for something.

As a co-worker says, they must be equiped with two bb's and a tic tac.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dutch
Slg888, where we live, trucks are tools. Didn't realize that where you're from they are an accessory. Do you worry if they don't match your purse? FWIW, Dutch.
My truck is a tool, but Im not going to buy a feminine rice-burner because I need a truck.

Enjoy your Toy ota. Don't get upset with me, I did not tell you to buy one. Deal with it till you can get a Ford or Chevy.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Tonk

YES, Toyota does employ thousands of US workers and if things keep going, we will be flying the Flag of the Rising Sun or CHINA over our present US soil. Sorry for my long rant!!! I think I have earned the right to speak my peace and then some.

I agree Tonk. I believe every American when buying a Toyota truck knows & has thoughts that this purchase is not something a good American would do.

I cannot see one reason to own Toyota. My Fords & Chevy's have always lasted till the day I decide to sell.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

This is too funny to disregard.
slg888, here's a little test for you that SHOULD help you determine if you look feminine because you're in a Toyota---and you seem to be the only one who has thought being in a Toyota is a challenge to his manhood...

Next time you drive into hunting camp, stop just before you get there. Put on some lipstick and some eyeshadow. Now drive into hunting camp and see if anyone notices you look feminine because you're driving a Toyota.
Get back to us on this. I'll bet some of the guys would rather sleep in the Toyota with the doors locked, that share a tent with you. laugh

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt

This is too funny to disregard.
slg888, here's a little test for you that SHOULD help you determine if you look feminine because you're in a Toyota---and you seem to be the only one who has thought being in a Toyota is a challenge to his manhood...

Next time you drive into hunting camp, stop just before you get there. Put on some lipstick and some eyeshadow. Now drive into hunting camp and see if anyone notices you look feminine because you're driving a Toyota.
Get back to us on this. I'll bet some of the guys would rather sleep in the Toyota with the doors locked, that share a tent with you. laugh

You must have tried this before huh? I do not think one needs lipstick to look feminine in a Toyota. How about this, Why don't you take a pic with you & your Toyota and start a thread how much you love your Toyota.

As I said before, you bought the thing, you have to live with it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I haven't tried it, and won't, but you go ahead...you're the one that is concerned about if he looks feminine or not.
Personally, I'm not worried about who thinks what about how I look..in or out of a Toyota, or a Ford, or anything else.
Your insecurity is showing. Too bad you can't laugh about it...that was funny about a certain brand of truck making you feel like you look girly.
Maybe you should post pictures of yourself...it's entirely possible that you do look feminine and that your fears aren't just paranoia. Help is available, just keep posting about your fears.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slg888
I agree Tonk. I believe every American when buying a Toyota truck knows & has thoughts that this purchase is not something a good American would do.

I cannot see one reason to own Toyota. My Fords & Chevy's have always lasted till the day I decide to sell.

Do you still own any Tikkas or have you sold them all?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No Tikka rifle's or Toyota's. Actually all my handguns/rifles are American made. Just bought a Ithaca slug gun{deerslayer 100%USA}also.

Some of you can drive your little feminine Toyota trucks, but Im buying American and always will. Every American should always try to buy American IMO.

Last edited by slg888; 09/17/09.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd rather you went back to school and learned some decent grammar and punctuation. Don't care what kind of truck you drive.

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

So you DID initially buy a Tundra but somehow after that you lost your sexual identity? Is that correct?

You cannot tell me when pulling into hunt camp,ect in a Tacoma/Tundra you do not feel little stupid? OF COARSE YOU DO

Most of the people I know drive Fords, Toyos or Chevies. Most are concerned about getting a deer or ELk this season and having a good time in the process. Not what kind of truck they each own. . My guess is you hunt with a bunch of cross dressing sexually confused queers. Now that would be a good guess grin

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
oldelkhunter,
Bought a Tundra in 2006 for service delivery's, sold it 2 month's later. My employees were complaining that your Mom could not fit in the back seat.

Last edited by slg888; 09/16/09.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by teal
I'd rather you went back to school and learned some decent grammar and punctuation. Don't care what kind of truck you drive.

You cannot read? Little insecure about your Toyota also huh?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (257 mag, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 44mc, 35, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,802 guests, and 1,031 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,558
Posts18,510,458
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.