-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
HI everybody i have a mathews drenalin bow that needs a new string. my bow shop says it will cost $125 total cost for new string plus putting it on and putting peep sight in and silencers.I dont know what i would need to do it my self or if it would be worth it for me to invest in the eupment to do it my self. thankyou for any help you can give me. deershed

GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
IF you do it yourself make absolutely sure you get the correct tools.......dont try to do it with some goofy ratchet strap designed for the back of a pickup.

Those limbs are under a super amount of stress and things can go haywire in a heartbeat.

I think its worth the investment to do it yourself but not during hunting season.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do not let the pro shop put on a Matthews Zebra string. I had them stretch, and after 3 in a Summer, getting nowhere with them, brought the bow back and made them take it back. A lot of the people I shoot with think Matthews bows stink. The fact of it is that all the Matthews bows I come across are out of tune. Think of how long the string is on a solocam. If it stretches a fraction of a percent, your bow is going out of tune. I've tuned them. Replacing the string with a string that won't stretch as much like a "Winner's Choice" or "Crackers" string will make the bow stay in tune much longer and you'll be a lot happier. That said, a Winner's Choice string and cables will be a hundred bucks and $125 to a pro to set you up is worth it. To set your bow up yourself, you will need a press designed for "beyond parallel" limb bows. The portable cable press will work with the special attachments sold separately. It's also not a bad thing to have in your bow case. You will learn to serve in a peep, set a nock point, tune a rest... It's a pain in the butt most people are happy to pay someone else to do but if you learn to do it yourself, you'll be better off.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...Type=index&indexId=cat20080&rid=

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1234, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,229
Posts18,524,708
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.