Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by isaac
Of course I am. Are you still aware while writing what you did above?

I think you are and that's why you got the LOL.

It's actually the nature of winning. Even the wrong want to win!

Care to word all of this in a coherent manner?

The alphabet is a wonderful thing when it's arranged in a way which conveys thoughts.

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Try to follow along with each post between us. It makes perfect sense unless, of course, you just don't want to hear it. It's part of your problem actually. You're so used to just grabbing snippets and mischaracterizing what one has written, instead of grasping the entire context, that you have trouble staying up with those that actually do.

If you're still confused after actually reading the entire comment, let me know and I'll hand hold you through it.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

If you're still confused after actually reading the entire comment, let me know and I'll hand hold you through it.

Your motive materializes,.....no thanks.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
LOL...I used to try silly crap like that above when I had nothing substantive to say in response, as well.

Thanks for the HS nostalgia!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
LOL...I used to try silly crap like that above when I had nothing substantive to say in response, as well.

Thanks for the HS nostalgia!

Nostalgia takes many forms.

I sometimes experience it when someone advocates the idea that voting matters.

I used to think that too,...before I became an adult.

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You became an adult in your 40's,huh?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
In 2010 no matter who you vote for business will stay the same.
Then why not just kill yourself then? I mean jeez, are you proposing we do nothing or support some fringe kook? jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Tod
Originally Posted by Savage_99

The above is not always true. Ronald Reagan cut taxes or stopped the rate of tax increases durning a recession and the result was that new businesses were started and old businesses hired more workers. The workers made more money and therefore paid more taxes while keeping more money for themselves also.

Unfortunately, this widely held opinion turns out not to be true. The Federal deficit and national debt both increased under Reagan. Cutting taxes did not result in more revenue - at least with the increased spending that occurred under Reagen. In fact, Dick Cheney argued the 'Reagan proved deficits don't matter'.

In the last 20 years new deficit records were set by Reagan, Bush and Bush II. Only Clinton decreased the annual deficit. Obama is going to put everyone else to shame.

[Linked Image]

Tod,
I think you need to recognize why we had a surplus under Clinton, and it was two fold. First because a Republican House and Senate had a majority for the first time in 40 years, and cut spending-not enough-but they did cut. Too bad they lost their way. Second, because the wunderkind from Government Sachs, Robert Rubin, was SecTreasury and refi'd most of our deficits on a short term basis, lowering the interest paid annually. They actually did away with the 30 year T Bond, which was brought back under Bush the Younger.

The combo of those two things allowed it to look as if we had a surplus. Since Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Military, and Civil Service pensions were still carried off the books as unfunded liabilities, and their revenue was used in the General Fund, there really was no surplus, just a shell game to make it look so.

Also, the debt issued during the Clinton Administration had to be turned over after Clinton left office, and that may or may not have been at a lower rate and longer term, adding to the interest payment in future "budgets", if you want to dignify them with that name.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The last coupla' posts before the last posts defined an answer.

Giving these ( Gov ) pathetic, and incompetent morons alla' this undeserved, and panic sricken airtime is embarassing.

knock it off.

Mike 762,......Rave on,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Nobody actually does until then,..some people never.

You seem to be a member of the second catagory.

IC B3

Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mike762,

I'm not trying to give Klinton any credit, just pointing out the numbers -particularly how rare a budget surplus has been in the last 20+ years. Democrats increase spending and increase taxes. Republicans increase spending and decrease taxes. In both cases, we've increased spending. The suggestion that Republicans are more fiscally responsible than democrats is pure hooey. Both sides are perfectly happy to spend taxpayer money and then some. Typically, it's taxpayer money to their pet projects or their good friends.

The average Joe gets screwed in the process.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Jeff I'd go huntin with you I don't care what they say. grin

that figures, DD. crazy

Sam......

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Nobody actually does until then,..some people never.

You seem to be a member of the second catagory.

+++++++++++++++

Ouch Bristoe!! You're really unloading your big guns on me!

I give, man! Uncle...

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tod
Mike762,

I'm not trying to give Klinton any credit, just pointing out the numbers -particularly how rare a budget surplus has been in the last 20+ years. Democrats increase spending and increase taxes. Republicans increase spending and decrease taxes. In both cases, we've increased spending. The suggestion that Republicans are more fiscally responsible than democrats is pure hooey. Both sides are perfectly happy to spend taxpayer money and then some. Typically, it's taxpayer money to their pet projects or their good friends.

The average Joe gets screwed in the process.

klinton had NOTHING to do with the balanced budget. It was the Republican "revolution" of 1994 that scared him and they forced him to balance the budget. In fact klinton submitted three deficit budgets before he finally saw the writing on the wall. If anything klinton hd political savvy. jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too bad the Party got cocky after being in power and started spending like dems. Seems like Washington corrupts everybody.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by Dudejcb
Lee 24, I don't think you have your history correct. When did the economy stall under Clinton? It was under Bush 1, and then again under Bush 2.

BTW: cutting taxes for the top one-half percent and raisnig it on the middle class is not tax reform. It's a country club insider game.

I'm not a fan of big government, but I do want effective government to do those things we need as a country. To have a sound defense, a solid infrastructure, and the other things that allow our way of life and economy to work, we need to pay taxes.

You don't know squat about the stimulus money and what it's doing and how closely it's being tracked. I do.

I agree with you about the banks and wall street. They are the ones that created the economic crisis, and Wall Street adds no value to the system...they just take value from it. I understand and applaude venture capital that drives innovation and new (value adding) products. But market manipulation blows I'm especially ticked at futures traders who jerk us all around.

Another BTW: The Dems didn't cause the banks to make loans to unqualified home buyers all by themselves. Everyone wanted it at the time. Look at who benefitted most: builders, developers, and banks. The money tells the tale.

Dude, go [bleep] troll somewhere else. You are full of scheit.
That's very insightful Manny. Quite an addition to the discussion. Do you get out often?

the bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mike762
Originally Posted by Tod
Originally Posted by Savage_99

The above is not always true. Ronald Reagan cut taxes or stopped the rate of tax increases durning a recession and the result was that new businesses were started and old businesses hired more workers. The workers made more money and therefore paid more taxes while keeping more money for themselves also.

Unfortunately, this widely held opinion turns out not to be true. The Federal deficit and national debt both increased under Reagan. Cutting taxes did not result in more revenue - at least with the increased spending that occurred under Reagen. In fact, Dick Cheney argued the 'Reagan proved deficits don't matter'.

In the last 20 years new deficit records were set by Reagan, Bush and Bush II. Only Clinton decreased the annual deficit. Obama is going to put everyone else to shame.

[Linked Image]

Tod,
I think you need to recognize why we had a surplus under Clinton, and it was two fold. First because a Republican House and Senate had a majority for the first time in 40 years, and cut spending-not enough-but they did cut. Too bad they lost their way. Second, because the wunderkind from Government Sachs, Robert Rubin, was SecTreasury and refi'd most of our deficits on a short term basis, lowering the interest paid annually. They actually did away with the 30 year T Bond, which was brought back under Bush the Younger.

The combo of those two things allowed it to look as if we had a surplus. Since Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Military, and Civil Service pensions were still carried off the books as unfunded liabilities, and their revenue was used in the General Fund, there really was no surplus, just a shell game to make it look so.

Also, the debt issued during the Clinton Administration had to be turned over after Clinton left office, and that may or may not have been at a lower rate and longer term, adding to the interest payment in future "budgets", if you want to dignify them with that name.

I'd vote for you unless you're kin to Paulson.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lee 24, I don't think you have your history correct. When did the economy stall under Clinton? It was under Bush 1, and then again under Bush 2.

BTW: cutting taxes for the top one-half percent and raisnig it on the middle class is not tax reform. It's a country club insider game.

I'm not a fan of big government, but I do want effective government to do those things we need as a country. To have a sound defense, a solid infrastructure, and the other things that allow our way of life and economy to work, we need to pay taxes.

You don't know squat about the stimulus money and what it's doing and how closely it's being tracked. I do.

I agree with you about the banks and wall street. They are the ones that created the economic crisis, and Wall Street adds no value to the system...they just take value from it. I understand and applaude venture capital that drives innovation and new (value adding) products. But market manipulation blows I'm especially ticked at futures traders who jerk us all around.

Another BTW: The Dems didn't cause the banks to make loans to unqualified home buyers all by themselves. Everyone wanted it at the time. Look at who benefitted most: builders, developers, and banks. The money tells the tale.

Folks are telling the truth with such rapidity, I need to go lay down, or is it lie down?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Dude, go [bleep] troll somewhere else. You are full of scheit.
That's very insightful Manny. Quite an addition to the discussion. Do you get out often?

often enough pal. I just don't waste time bandying words with liberal dumb [bleep] in these sorts of 'discussions'.
Go sell your Obamamania to some other crowd.

Sam......

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
often enough pal. I just don't waste time bandying words with liberal dumb [bleep] in these sorts of 'discussions'.
Go sell your Obamamania to some other crowd.
Really? so what are you doing now? Bandying? Try stating something beyond name calling. you know, posit a thought...

BTW: there is no such theng as obamamania. rather it's a sigh of relief after 8-years of unbridled dangerous stupidity. I'm guessin' you liked those 8 years, huh?

the bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean...
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,910
Posts18,518,654
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.