24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
This weekend I was informed by a fellow hunt club member that we would be at a real big advantage on todays (sunday) hunt because the deer would be off thier normal pattern by a hour due to day light savings change. He also stated that it would take them a few days to get use to it. I about fell out of my chair with laughter, but held it together. Out of respect I just sat quietly and laughed inside, and could not wait to get on here and post. I guess deer around here must wear watches and have a set schedule to go to the food plots... that dang day light savings time!!

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I'd be a bit more than worried, to hunt with that level of dumbphuckitude in the same camp.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by swoosh23
This weekend I was informed by a fellow hunt club member that we would be at a real big advantage on todays (sunday) hunt because the deer would be off thier normal pattern by a hour due to day light savings change. He also stated that it would take them a few days to get use to it. I about fell out of my chair with laughter, but held it together. Out of respect I just sat quietly and laughed inside, and could not wait to get on here and post. I guess deer around here must wear watches and have a set schedule to go to the food plots... that dang day light savings time!!

When I started to read that, I thought you were going to say that you buy into that nonsense. I think your buddy is "moonstruck".

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
and they need to move those "deer crossing" signs, too, way too many deer are getting run over here...

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It had a big effect.
The buck i shot this morning was killed at 0704 and not 0804.
he still thought it was 8 in the morning, but it was only 7. and seven is a luck number.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dam, bet they will be all adjusted by next weekend grin

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm almost speechless, because I never thought of this!

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Gee I wonder how they get those big hooves around a watch stem to pull it out to change the time (analog watch) or hit those tiny buttons on the digitals.

Never mind, problem solved. They buy those atomic watches that change themselves. Oops nother problem. Where the heck are they getting their money form to buy the watch in the first place?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pimpin Does cry

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The scary thing is that idiot carries a gun...

I hope you are joking. No one can be that stupid.

JM.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Wait for it

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That's why I have a heavy duplex in QRs for early morning hunts for the next couple days. They think it's just breaking daylight when in reality it's still dark. I need it for low light opportunities that I wouldn't get if they knew. As soon as they get adjusted I'll go back to my regular duplex. It's easy, you just have to be a deer guy.

Last edited by battue; 11/01/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just be glad it wasn't you, swoosh, I was going to tell you to go get your head examined. That example right there, could well be part of what is wrong with this country..

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by battue
That's why I have a heavy duplex in QRs for early morning hunts for the next couple days. They think it's just breaking daylight when in reality it's still dark. I need it for low light opportunities that I wouldn't get if they knew. As soon as they get adjusted I'll go back to my regular duplex. It's easy, you just have to be a deer guy.

You could save yourself alot of trouble if you'd just do what I do: Walk throught the woods backwards...they think you're leaving. That's the way Hitler invaded Poland, I heard.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Originally Posted by battue

You could save yourself alot of trouble if you'd just do what I do: Walk throught the woods backwards...they think you're leaving. That's the way Hitler invaded Poland, I heard.

You win. Funny!!!!

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I wish he were joking.
What a beautiful weekend for hunting here in TX. Cool, calm and lots of prerut activity.

stumpy

OP Offline
Unfortunately guys I am not joking. However, since he believed this, I might tell him about walking in backwards. Now that was funny.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Gee I wonder how they get those big hooves around a watch stem to pull it out to change the time (analog watch) or hit those tiny buttons on the digitals.

Never mind, problem solved. They buy those atomic watches that change themselves. Oops nother problem. Where the heck are they getting their money form to buy the watch in the first place?

They don't worry about any of that stuff! The just check their cell.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by swoosh23

I'm sorry I missed this post, but as you'll see, I've been sort of dealing with a similar thing.

First off: here's my weblog entry from Saturday AM

http://blackholecoffeehouse.blogspot.com/2009/10/how-is-change-from-dst-going-to-affect.html

Dang! I'm missing all those threads about "How is the change from DST going to affect the deer?" I always howl when I find one of them.

Occasionally I get the devil in me and start posting stuff about how the deer get confused and start getting up in the middle of the night and it throws off the rut and the bucks keel over out of all the frustration, 'cause the doe is staying in her bed and they're always late getting out into the field in the evening and it makes them get thin, missing meals and all-- you'd be surprised how many guys bite.

So then I got the bright idea of writing an innocuous post on the D&DH Forum, and then contacting some of my buddies over there and told them to play along:

D&DH Forum

The result was this:

http://blackholecoffeehouse.blogspot.com/2009/11/now-shaman-presents-shamanic-camo-clock.html

and this

http://blackholecoffeehouse.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-on-dst-and-deer.html

I propose that next year we all meet back and start the biggest DST and Deer thread ever on the week before the time change. Everyone play it dead-pan straight, and see how many folks can get gut hooked.

Alternatively, we can wait until Spring and do this over on the turkey hunting section. The wildest discussion of DST and turkey I ever saw was on NWTF's forum I mentioned it on another forum and had a mfg's pro-staffer from Florida really get in my face over how the time change affected turkeys.

BTW: Here's a pic of Angus, one of my pro-staffers, scientifically testing the Shamanic Camo Clock for DST Abatement.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by shaman; 11/03/09.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey,

That's some good firewood you got laying over to the left of the research station.

JM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 2UP, 264mag, 338rcm, 24 invisible), 1,630 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,972
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.