Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The Full Article Here
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE59E0Q920091015

Subject: Obama Takes First Step in Banning All Firearms.

On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations.
By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US
citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such
as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens even understand what has happened. Obama can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized gun
control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the public. We will
wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a treaty that requires US citizens
to deliver any firearm they own to the local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means they can find, so will gun control.

Read the Article!

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It is true that the administration can try anything they want. Of course it's hasn't worked in the pass 20 years but the stupid a&&es in the state dept can keep singing the same old song.

End runs around the U.S. Constitution have not worked so far, but if you believe they can, don't be surprised when they become laughable.

Thus saith thr lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeh from the lord. Jeremiah 17:5 KJV
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck I'm ready to die.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When did HIGH TREASON become "Legal",......?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem for Hussein is that treaties need to be radified by congress. If we think healthcare and cap and trade are contentious issues, let them try and debate gun control in a meaningful way. Not only will the individual politicians have to fear for their jobs, they'll have to fear for their LIVES.

Here's what we really need to watch for before this is more than a pipe dream for him... like I said, treaties need to be approved by congress. And that vote needs to be a super majority. Before they could possibly pass anything like this, they would have to get rid of that super majority provision.

So if we see the thugs try and mess with the super majority provisions in congress with regard to treaties, we will know they are after two treaties- gun control and a global climate treaty.

I think a more likely candidate for abuse of power on Hussein's part is some kind of executive order that gives him expanded power to confiscate weapons in time of "crisis". Once that is in place, they can define a crisis as pretty much anything they want. Or, they could manufacture a crisis to activate the executive order.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good luck is right, look at support in this country for the right to own firearms. Obama and those who would try support such a policy would be tossed and policy reversed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Would you mind if we drag this out a few more years? He's not going to get our guns unless something so unbelievably wild happens. I can't imagine what that would be at this time.

Anything is possible.

Stay off their radar No 1. to give them an excuse to take ours in particular, as in a public endangerment case. Me, too. That didn't come out right. Behave and they have no excuse. I'll try too though it's hard with my disposition.

Last edited by slasher; 11/08/09.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You've got it wrong. All treaties are UNDER the US Constitution. The US Constitution is the highest law of this land, not treaties. Therefore any treaty term which contradicts the US Constitution is null and void with regard to its effects on US citizens living inside the United States and the internal laws of this nation. That's what it means to be a sovereign nation.

Are these folks attempting to nullify US sovereignty? Of course, but according to our actual laws, as they now exist, no treaty can lawfully nullify any aspect of the US Constitution.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You've got it wrong. All treaties are UNDER the US Constitution. The US Constitution is the highest law of this land, not treaties. Therefore any treaty term which contradicts the US Constitution is null and void with regard to its effects on US citizens living inside the United States and the internal laws of this nation. That's what it means to be a sovereign nation. Are these folks attempting to nullify US sovereignty? Of course, but according to our actual laws, as they now exist, no treaty can lawfully nullify any aspect of the US Constitution.

Amen brother.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I read about this a few months ago. He's trying to make this a locked down dictatorship before the 2010 elections can neutralize his ability to proceed with his agenda. I have little doubt he will make a hard run at this. It could get really ugly. The Tea Parties showed him there are more real Americans who will stand up and oppose him than he thought. The Second, Fox News, and control of the internet along with his personal internal security force and he's der Fuhrer.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are getting into a circular, symantics debate here. If a treaty is passed by the senate, with a super majority and signed by the president, it does take priority over any law that conflicts with its stipulations:

Article VI, paragraph 2- "...all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding."

That is a very clear statement to that effect. HOWEVER, no treaty that violates the provisions of the constitution, shall be legally ratified to begin with. In other words, any treaty that violates the constitution is null and void. This is because the president and senators take a legal oath to defend the constitution. To sign a treaty that directly usurps provisions of the constitution would violate that oath and would be a felony.

So in other words, the situation that we are discussing, by law, should not ever happen. If they wanted to sign such a treaty, they would have to ammend the constitution first to allow it.

Further more, if a treaty undermines the sovereinty of the United States have additional language:

"treaties made, or which shall be made that violate the U.S. Constitution by subjugating the United States to an outside power are prohibited".

So if Hussein tries to sign a treaty about climate change, for instance, that contains language to the effect that we will answer to a outside, world government, he should legally be prosecuted for treason.

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 11/08/09.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Better to live one day as a lion than the rest of your life as a lamb.

Last edited by Roundup; 11/08/09.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
F.O. And you can figger out what that means...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We'll all know.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The maneuver required to bypass the Second Amendment actually requires one more step: The US must agree to be subject to decisions of the International Court.

What would happen then is that some other nation, possibly Mexico, would sue the US saying that they have been damaged by our firearms policies.

The court would then find for the plaintiff, saying that we had violated our obligations under the treaty.

At that point, we are in deep doo-doo.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Dem's think they have problems with the Tea Parties wait until they try some chit like this and there will be another revolution in this country.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bea175
there will be another revolution in this country.

Hasn't the revolution already started?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My revolution has already started.

I'm looking for places to work for and contribute to candidates that will work for smaller government, lower taxes, and fiscal responsibility.

Be not weary in well doing.
I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
He will NEVER be my dadgum Fuhrer!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (1OntarioJim, achadwick, AceBall, 257_X_50, 21, 35, 15 invisible), 1,029 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,927
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.