Print Thread
Hop To
T
TomM1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thinking about picking up a Musketeer Mauser, imported by Firearms international. It has the FN Belgium action and is chambered in 7mm Rem Mag, comes with a Redfield 3-9 on a buehler mount. It has some blueing loss on the barrel and paint is coming off the aluminum bottom metal. What'cha tink? Anybody had one of these. Action feels solid, like an FN Browning. Asking price is $400.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Personally, I think the Muscateers are a sleeper. I once owned one in .308 Norma Mag. I traded it off because I had a over abundance of chamberings that had the word "Magnum" on the end of their name... frown Still have more than I need... That being said, however, They are good solid actions, fairly light, (Likely due to alloy bottom metal...) But I'd buy another in a heartbeat if in a uncommon non-magnum caliber. I would also consider them a good donor for a custom build project.... JMHO...

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

M
M
I own a F.I.C. Musketeer .243 and it is a FN Belgium commercial Mauser 98 and has the Sako adjustable trigger. I am interested in discussing with others who have them or knowledge of since I would like to know a more exact production date. My understanding from reading about for about a year of random searching and reading posts that have popped up have supplied this.

Musketeer was produced 1963-1970 or 72 I don't remember end date but I think it may have been when Garcia took over Firearms International Corp.

My example is different than all others I have ever seen pics of and I would love to hear some feedback regarding it.

Large ring M98 with S/N on Right side of front ring as opposed to most on left S/N begins with a letter and is 4 digits beginning 196x Below wood line and S/N is FN BELGIUM

The left side of receiver is NOT marked in any way

No info on top of front receiver ring

Left side of barrel is stamped in small 1/16" letters
FIREARMS INTERNATIONAL CORP. WASH. 22, D.C.

Right side of Barrel is same small text
MUSKETEER CAL. .243

It had ramp of front sight but rear was missing when I received it.

Rear of receiver R./side is D/T for Receiver sight as it the top of rec. for scope bases

The bolt shroud is the NON safe vers. as it has the Sako with side safe

Bolt handle in sporter config. but turned straight down and NOT swept back at all.
It is NOT flat on bottom but has 3 fine lines encircling bolt knob.

I have yet to see a Musketeer with these features and I believe it was a early production however it is the alloy bottom metal

Anyone with info please post etc.

I would try and get the price down abit and probably would be benificial to not mention the FN Belgium to seller lol

it may or may not have the Sako trigger since I've read the later models possibly musketeer II did not have a Sako Finland fire control

Thanks in advance and I would buy that for a Quality FN large ring action which will do nothing but increase in value.

-2sigs

Last edited by MikenMN; 11/22/09.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine is 264 with almost no marking except serial #. It does have a "Made in Finland" trigger,but it didn't have a hinged floorplate.The checkering was hand done,mistakes and all.Only one lug was bearing and the short-throated barrel was sort of micro-grooved making for a very slow and high pressure 22" barrel that walked.And the extractor was for a 30-06 head size. There were a number of lapses in judgement and Q.C. when it was made. It's my favourite deer rifle,now,but that's thanks to greydog.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Personally, I've had all sorts of commercial FNs-and would have a hard time passing one up for $400 if in decent condition...especially if chambered in something besides 06 and 270.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.