Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BrentD
TS Creation Science is an oxymoron.

Come on. Where are you at in PA. I can give you a few dozen folks to visit at top flight universities who are on the cutting edge of evolutionary biology and they will tell you the same thing.

"Nothing but a theory" is indicative of your ignorance. You are interestingly determined to remain ignorant apparently. That is a sad thing in America these days, when being reasonably intelligent is so easy.

Good luck in your wandering through the darkness. But you could simply flip the switch and actually learn something if you tried and life in the light of reason is so much more interesting.

BrentD, can you answer my question on what is or define what a Creation Scientist is? What's their course of study?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
slasher
Please tell me what Institution of Higher Learning you are referring to... I am curious.

As to the length of DNA: http://omega.albany.edu:8008/calc3/vector-functions-dir/dna-solution-m2h.html

"i.e. about 2 meters long!"
--------------------------------------

"Somebody studied a coli in a petri dish."

Is this the way you wanted to write that?

"...but you have been known to fly off the handle."

Up yours, Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

wink
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I was thinking you and Derby could take a few courses from this fellow to update your knowledge of biology a bit.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~inbios/faculty/behe.html

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I love his official disclaimer. Another fruitcake and definitely not an evolutionary biologist. Why do you listen to such nutcakes?

My ideas about irreducible complexity and intelligent design are entirely my own. They certainly are not in any sense endorsed by either Lehigh University in general or the Department of Biological Sciences in particular. In fact, most of my colleagues in the Department strongly disagree with them.

Note the last sentence in particular.

Last edited by BrentD; 11/25/09.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Or here:
http://www.nwcreation.net/colleges.html

Before you discount them as Bible colleges, keep in mind that our most prestigious colleges on the east coast all began as Bible Colleges before they degraded into liberal universities (Harvard, Yale, Princeton etc.) of liberal elitism.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
He is being honest about his colleagues' views as well as his own. However history has certainly shown that the truth on disputed topics is seldom rightly understood or believed by the majority. Truth does not become more true by numbers, but stands on its own merits. This is why creation scientists do so well in their debates with evolutionists all over the world.

Last edited by Thunderstick; 11/25/09.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Brent,
Your style certainly is typical of evolutionists. Where evidence is lacking substitute arrogance against all who disagree.

I'm still waiting on you to tell me how evolution relates to our origins. Until you do this succinctly you have no credibility. Everybody knows a process needs a beginning. What is yours?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
So, the majority of the world think that the earth goes around the sun? Are they wrong too?

I'm still waiting for the evidence of humans in every geologic stratum, among other things. And it ain't gonna happen is it?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Where is your evidence TS? Talk about arrogance.... you are growing it. Where is it? If you want to rock the world and buck the trends, then the onus is on you to produce.

Ain't gonna happen it is?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Now Brent, You know the Earth is the center of the universe. It says so in the Bible. God made the Sun stand still in the heavens until a battle was over.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Thunderstick
You have not brought one iota of evidence to the table that cogently addresses the relationship of evolution to origins. Until you do this you are not even to first base in making a plausible argument for it.
What exactly do you mean by "evolution of origins?" There are prodigious amounts of evidence of the origin of thousands of modern species, not to mention genera, families, orders, etc.

I cannot help but believe you are misunderstanding some very fundamental aspects of what evolution is all about, and what Darwin was talking about. You know, don't you, that when he referred to the origin of species, he wasn't referring to the origin of life, right? He referred to species, i.e., the great diversity of species that exist in the world.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I was thinking you and Derby could take a few courses from this fellow to update your knowledge of biology a bit.

http://www.lehigh.edu/~inbios/faculty/behe.html
laugh Yeah, update our biology to the Eighteenth Century. laugh

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Notropis
Now Brent, You know the Earth is the center of the universe. It says so in the Bible. God made the Sun stand still in the heavens until a battle was over.

For all practical purposes, the Earth is the center of our understanding and interpretation of the universe. grin

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NeBassman
For all practical purposes, the Earth is the center of our understanding and interpretation of the universe. grin
laugh Yeah, if you could extend an infinitely long tape-measure in every direction from the earth, you would find that it would go equally far in every direction, proving that the earth is indeed the center of the universe.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Hawkeye, I like that. Infinity in all directions puts us at the center. It will be interesting to try to do the math to figure out all the interesting motion of all the heavenly bodies with the Earth being motionless and everything else moving around it. I know, I know, Just go to Las Vegas to study the motion of heavenly bodies.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So, the majority of the world think that the earth goes around the sun? Are they wrong too?

You might note that I said "disputed topics" ... The point is not that numbers decide truth, but rather that truth is not decided by numbers which is the game you play in claiming that all scientists believe in evolution and anyone who disagrees with you is not a scientist even though they may have far more credentials.

I'm still waiting for the evidence of humans in every geologic stratum, among other things. And it ain't gonna happen is it?

This was already addressed that it is not critical to creation science as some creation scientists believe the planet in some form existed before human life as I showed from Genesis.

However the origins are essential to proving evolution so we are still waiting on you to make your case.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
This thread is about evolution being proved so the onus is on you to prove evolution. Had I started a thread on creation science the onus would be on me. Your simply ducking...again. As far as life producing life we see it every day. I have never seen life orignate from matter or from a big bang?

Evidence not arrogance is what we are asking for?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Notropis

So if a scientist talks about a sunrise or sunset he believes the earth is the center of the universe???

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You have not brought one iota of evidence to the table that cogently addresses the relationship of evolution to origins. Until you do this you are not even to first base in making a plausible argument for it.
What exactly do you mean by "evolution of origins?" There are prodigious amounts of evidence of the origin of thousands of modern species, not to mention genera, families, orders, etc.

I cannot help but believe you are misunderstanding some very fundamental aspects of what evolution is all about, and what Darwin was talking about. You know, don't you, that when he referred to the origin of species, he wasn't referring to the origin of life, right? He referred to species, i.e., the great diversity of species that exist in the world.

And what do the species originate from???

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
This thread is about evolution being proved so the onus is you to prove evolution. Had I started a thread on creation science the onus would be on me. Your simply ducking...again. As far as life producing life we see it every day. I have never seen life orignate from matter or from a big bang?
Why do you keep saying that evolution has something to do with how life got started? Those of us who don't deny the fact of evolution may have all sorts of theories and/or convictions about how life got started, but we understand that the theory of evolution makes no assertions about that whatsoever. Have you ever actually read a basic explanation of evolution?

Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,147 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,776
Posts18,495,819
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.