Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3468944 11/10/09
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Next years model the Z 7....my dealer received one from Mathews and was setting it up for a whitetail hunt he is going on this week in Alberta....looks interesting,I'll get a report from him on likes and dislikes when he gets back next week...BTW he didn't care for last years models the Rezeen or Monster
http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-13057-44-ViewProduct-1502-324.asp

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
To say the least the Z7 was not a hugh improvement over the Reezen, maybe a touch smoother is all I can see/feel. I tell ya one thing MY Reezen is ShoNuff poison on whitetail around here.......I LOVE IT!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
the new bowtech destroyer models resemble the z7. id like to shoot them both before i purchase, im set on either z7, the destroyer 350, or the admiral...

Reflex bow, truglo sights, whisker buiskit rest, truball release, beeman carbon arrows, muzzy mx-3 broadheads
[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"gotloud", don't count out the Martin Firecat TX1. I have shot a lot of bows over the last few months trying to find the right one. As of now, I've not felt a better draw curve then that. The Rytera AlienX is also as nice.

These two come with about a 30% lower price tag and Martin is said to have the best customer service, Well I guess Elite is also getting the same reputation among shooters now as well.

I struggled with some service issues with Mathews, if you have a good dealer nearby then they are a great help.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Anybody know much about the Elite bow line? (offices in Rochester NY)

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
jhhack, i will definately check those out as well, thanx for the info!

Reflex bow, truglo sights, whisker buiskit rest, truball release, beeman carbon arrows, muzzy mx-3 broadheads
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I gotta second the Martin suggestion. My buddy and his dad shoot high end, expensive Mathews bows and they love them. I bought a new Martin "Saber" this year, half the money, and my Martin is just as quiet and shoots just as well as their bows. I think the Martin bows are really worth checking out for anyone looking for a quality bow at a really good price. Rich

"Dying ain't much of a living, Boy." Josey Wales
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Z7 and it is quite a machine AND it is expensive. I have had it for little more than a week and so far so good (hardly enough time to really wring it out) BUT, I will say you really have to shoot the various offerings and manufacturers and decide what is right for you. It is the same for rifles.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
What is the Z7 and the Reezen going for in the States? I might be worth my time to go for a weekend down there to pick one up since I am in the market.

Rob
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Don't forget the hoyt alphabuner

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MSRP is $899 and I got mine for $849.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Going for $769 at a local Mathews dealer.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Are those prices for the Reezen or the new Z7? I think I want to give the Z7 a try, but I guess it maybe hard to find one.

Rob
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Anybody know much about the Elite bow line? (offices in Rochester NY)

I am shooting an Elite Synergy right now and it's the smoothest shooting bow I've ever drawn.

All Elite bows are equipped with a binary cam system designed by Kevin Strother (former Bowtech cam design genius) that virtually never goes out of tune.

If you are interested, I recommend that you go on Archery Talk. com and do a search on Elite Bows.

I think you'll be very surprised at the wonderful reviews these bows are getting from some very experienced archers.

A couple of friends of mine are also shooting this year's Elites models and they love them.

My Elite Snergy is currently set at 58 lbs. (at a 29" draw) and with a 335 grain arrow it chronos in at about 287 fps.

With the 85% let-off, I'm actually holding about 9 lbs. at full draw and that's pretty sweet on a cold day when you are in your tree stand waiting for a deer to take that one....... more...... step.

Ya' know?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The usual Mathews thread where all the non-Mathews shooters show up and bounce their bow off the Mathews bow that started the thread...

But to get back on the original topic; dvdegeorge, I've heard nothing but GREAT things about the new Z7. At 70+ pounds, it will be the smoothest bow you've ever drawn.

Mathews technology cannot be beat.

Taylor
Reezen
Conquest 3

-[]------->

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree with you on Mathew's technology. I've seen the Z7, but not shot it yet, but everyone I've talked to that has shot one says how really, really smooth they are. The local dealer said the same. He said it is the smoothest bow Mathews makes, and as smooth as anything out there. I have a LTX, and love it. I'm going to be checking out the Z7.

Last edited by hunter01; 11/28/09.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I shot the new Z7 and Hoyt Maxxis. Both incredibly smooth. With my eyes closed I possibly wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. I'm not sure I like the look of the Z7 waffle riser yet.

Elite Archery will probably make my next bow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I finally shot the Mathews Z7 and Hoyt Maxxis31 yesterday. They both felt good, were both smooth, quiet and fast. The Hoyt had a wisker bisciut rest and the Mathews had a drop-a-way. They felt different between them, as you could tell you were shooting two different bows, but the difference you felt between them was not in a bad way for either. I shot one then the other, then did that again. About the only difference I noticed between them was that the Hoyt seemed to kick a little more than the Mathews when I released. I don't think one could go wrong with either, as I could be happy with the Z7 or the Maxxis. On a side note: I came home and picked up my DXT. It felt better in my hands than either the Z7 or the Hoyt. Maybe because I'm used to it, but it felt better to me.

Last edited by hunter01; 12/12/09.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I too had a chance to shoot the Z7, it's nice, no question about it. I'm not sure the advancements have managed to surpass the Switchback XT or the Drenelin though. Just as you did, I returned home and shot the switchback to compare.

Nothing I have shot recently would make me change from the switchback. A nicer drawing bow has never been made in my opinion. Guess that's why the 3-4 year old used ones are still getting 75% of the new price

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Where is the best place/cheapest place to order a Mathews bow? I want to get the new Z7 and the girlfriend wants a new Mathews as well...

Rob
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (257man, 260Remguy, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 1,915 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,261
Posts18,525,319
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.