Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ConradNY
So who is to say that lee24 is not playing with us? He could know that this is all bullstuff and posting it for fun.

Bingo!!!!

Addition: In which case I have no reason to feel sorry for him.

Last edited by battue; 12/21/09.

laissez les bons temps rouler

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
He's on line at the moment - posted on the Gunwriters forum on a post that he started (by the way, he designs gunwriters). I'm sure that he is reading this thread with a great deal of pride...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbob
You are just trying to lure him into a football bet.

I was running low on bullets.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As far as I'm concerned this little gem takes all the marbles:

Originally Posted by Lee24
A steady, not-pushing-it pace for me is 11 minutes per mile, all day long.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by stxhunter
this is my favorite from lee24
(my friend and I got caught in a weather change from 55 degrees to freezing rain and 70 mph winds which shredded our tent. We loaded up and walked out in the dark, descending 4,000 feet in 18 miles that we had covered earlier that day. At one point, my partner had such severe hypothermia that he went blind, and we had to stop and huddle while our clothing froze. When the freezing rain and sleet turned to a warmer drizzle, we got up and made it to an Adirondack, where we shed our wet clothing and got into our dry sleeping bags and warmed up.)

I certainly found out what worked and what didn't. If we had both not been in super physical conditioning and had the nuts, dried fruit, and jerky to eat, we could not have kept hiking and generating heat to stay alive.

man!, I'd forgotten about that one! I want to change my vote grin

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Coming up with the "Nom de Plume"

.....Black Dueller"

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
(my friend and I got caught in a weather change from 55 degrees to freezing rain and 70 mph winds which shredded our tent. We loaded up and walked out in the dark, descending 4,000 feet in 18 miles that we had covered earlier that day. At one point, my partner had such severe hypothermia that he went blind, and we had to stop and huddle while our clothing froze. When the freezing rain and sleet turned to a warmer drizzle, we got up and made it to an Adirondack, where we shed our wet clothing and got into our dry sleeping bags and warmed up.)

I certainly found out what worked and what didn't. If we had both not been in super physical conditioning and had the nuts, dried fruit, and jerky to eat, we could not have kept hiking and generating heat to stay alive.

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"A steady, not-pushing-it pace for me is 11 minutes per mile, all day long."

that is VERY hard to argue with, when it comes right down to bovine excretion.

....anyone her ever bought a load of spoiled Brocolli and Cauliflower,....fed it to their stock,....worked downwind the day after?

that's what these SOBs smell like.

Bad idea, that feed regimen,.....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I reckon you boys know where my vote sits on the biggest whopper............(grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UtahLefty

This thread has been good for several belly laughs. Thanks to those who supplied these nuggets of wisdom. While it is tough to choose one, the above post gets my vote.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The brokeback backpack is one for the books for sure..........

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
Nah, he dumped her for a much better looking Lady!

Yeah, she was a nagger so I dumped her for....for, uh, Angelina....that's it, yeah, Angelina Jolie.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Brad
As far as I'm concerned this little gem takes all the marbles:

A steady, not-pushing-it pace for me is 11 minutes per mile, all day long.

Yeah. That's a 4.58 hr Marathon (barely respectable), provided you're only going to run for 4.58 hours.

You're going to run "all day long"... what we be talkin' 'bout, Willis? A eight-hour day with coffee breaks? A 12-hour solar day? Either way, we're talking about being able to run 44 to 65 miles per day. Routine basis? I don't think so.

Truly astonishing lying.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My father's sister happens to live in Durham and they own several businesses and have for many decades. I was curious about their possible insights into the Lee24 Towing business so I jogged down there at lunch time.

Made pretty good time once I got off the coast and out of that little storm that is going through, but I ran over Stampede Pass ahead of it and by the time I got back from Durham a couple hours later it had cleared but I hit a horrible headwind.

Trotting across the Gulf of Alaska was a little dicey, but I rode a couple icebergs so I could take a break and then I had to sprint off at Seward because I was afraid I would get my feet wet in the surf. You have to run about twice as fast as usual to stay on top of the water when it gets rough, you know.

Oh, my aunt and uncle were not in so maybe I will stop by later this week.
art living in Lee's world

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You could always head back after dinner

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"The problem with the TSX for a flat-chested animal like a mountain goat is how long it takes to open and its long narrow wound channel - the bullet is out the other side before it has time to expand. You might as well shoot an armor-piercing round."

-----------------------------------------------------------
You can pretty much do a random search (where this came from)and find something that's pretty comical.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Little girls seem to like horses and ponies more than boys do. It's a good reason to keep a pony around,

I guess they don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Mexico.
Wet your back and come up for a turkey leg, amigo.

Or keep making a fool of yourself from down there in Locoland.

Creepy and disturbing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still looking for the one about every fighter pilot he's ever know being quiet, unassuming, kept to themselves, and never bragged.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Compared to Lee they are... Can't get a damn word in edgewise!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Lee24.

Lee24 doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Lee24 has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Lee24.

Lee24 does not sleep. He waits.

Lee24 is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.

Lee24 is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Lee24 counted to infinity - twice.

There is no chin behind Lee24's beard. There is only another fist.

When Lee24 does a pushup, he isn�t lifting himself up, he�s pushing the Earth down.

Lee24 is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Lee24's hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Lee24 can lead a horse to water AND make it drink.

Lee24 doesn�t wear a watch, HE decides what time it is.

Lee24 can slam a revolving door.

Lee24 does not get frostbite. Lee24 bites frost

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (1OntarioJim, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 9 invisible), 1,567 guests, and 925 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.