Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, here I am�.hat in hand. I say that because I step into this somewhat chastised. Seems that I have offered this before�only to renig, as the deal that was causing me to sell fell thru. Well, as luck would have it, I bought a near perfect gun that fills this slot in the safe�and have pretty much committed to an acquisition in the coming months that will require this sale (not to mention the fact that I already own several in this caliber), so like I say, here I am, hat in hand. FWIW, I WILL sell this time! Also, as I am here hat-in-hand, FOR THIS BOARD ONLY I will sell at $975 shipped CONUS/INSURED � w/3-day inspect. Before you read the book down there, let me add that it is a bit of a pain to provide pics at this site, so here is a link to another board where it is going for more. You can also PM me and I can send these pics:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=142841&highlight=mannlicher
No, the cat ain�t for sale � so don�t bother asking, he is doing a lot of work there!
I will try to post some pics latertoday, but basically here it is.
So, let me start off by saying, thanks so much for looking! I have up for grabs an Mannlicher-Schoenauer/Steyr 1961 MCA (Monte Carlo All Purpose) full stock rifle with double-set triggers for sale. Manufacture date is 1966 on this example. Caliber is 30-06, and the bore is bright & shiny/pristine. 20� barrel with full stock & double-set triggers. The double-sets work great! This is a VERY sweet-shooting gun, and the stiff 20" barrel produces MOA accuracy with Winchester factory 150 grain wally-world el-cheapo stuff. The scope is a B&L Balvar 2.5-8X variable with the desired tapered crosshairs. Scope is in excellent condition, and does not fog, as I have used this in cold (25 Deg. F) weather and it did fine. The rings have some light finish wear from going in and out of guncases, common for the Balvar line. The base is a Kuharsky. This base takes the standard B&L ring system. The mount is rock solid, and the rings and attachment base are one unit. To utilize a large spring "plunger" underneath that engages front and rear tempered steel adjustment posts. Thus when installed, the entire thing in under tension. You can, if you wish, pull back firmly on the scope, lift up, and it pops right off! Reverse the procedure, and the scope pops back on and returns to zero. There is a screw underneath the rings section to allow you to adjust the tension on the horizontal adjustment bars. This method allows to transport the gun scope off, like in a shotgun case, or allows you to have more than one scope for the gun. Iron sights consist of a brass bead front and a standing rear with a second leaf in place, standard for this rifle. The metal is near 100%, except for slight discoloration on the muzzle-cap and the floorplate as can be seen in the pics. The blue, particularly on the receiver, is 98-99% except where noted. the camera at mid-day makes it appear worn or washed out. it definitely is not. Also the lower sling swivel screw is missing, but what is there works great, as I hunt from a treestand, and have tested it (NOTE: SLING IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS SALE). Note that it only need s a screw � the threads are there and in fine shape. The stock is EXC condition, with no cracks, & is in the same condition in which I purchased it, that is to say that it has some light scratches and some small dents in the wood as shown in the pics. There is decent grain and some very nice tiger-striping in there too! (Kimber would call this �Select�) I had intended to refinish the stock and boost the value considerably, but just have not had the time - so you do it and reap the reward! So, there it is, a great hunting rifle.

Post an I'LL TAKE IT and let's go from there. Sorry, no trades at this time. I am only selling due to an upcoming acquisition. 3-day inspect of course. As the manuf. date is 1966, must go to 01 FFL. Will sell to CA if you can show me it is legal. If you decide to return, you owe return ship � so you ain�t missin� nuttin�, dawg!. PAYMENT VIA USPS PMO OR BANK OF AMERICA MONEY Preferred! I will take a check but it must FULLY clear before shipping. Well, there it is, thanks for looking, please don�t give me too hard of a time, and GOD BLESS YOU ONE AND ALL!

Last edited by iambrb; 11/18/09.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
GB1

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
illtake it!kimroux7wmconnect.com

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
SPF

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
OK GANG! Ya know�.I am really not one to go around believing in karma, but I am starting to woder, �cause it seems that I twice was going to sell this and twice backed out, now it seems the same is happening to me! Nothing negative to be said of any members here, but hey�.here it is again!!!!!
So, here is the deal�I strolled into the trade of my life, and I own a virtually perfect �52 FS in 30-06, so I really do not need this one, hence the desire to sale. There is a show coming up in Columbia SC in a few weeks and I would like to have walking cash, so here it is. Earlier there was little more than a link, but here are the pics, and more info at the bottom:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/iambrb/GUNS/a1a015.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/iambrb/GUNS/a1a016.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/iambrb/GUNS/a1a017.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/iambrb/GUNS/zMS006.jpg[/img]

Don�t even think about an offer on the holder, but didn�t that get yer attention?!?!? Anyway, for this board only guys, really, the least I will sell it for is $965 Shipped CONUS only (AK and outlying places higher as required by the USPS) . Any lower and I will just jack up the cost to cover the GB fees and run it there�.or just keep the darn thing �till I get a chance to refinish the stock, and then get an easy higher profit outta the deal. For the board only I will even take a personal check, but of course, she gotta clear before it heads yer way, Jose. So anyway, again here I am, hat in hand. Have at it with an I�LL TAKE IT and let me know, thanks!

Last edited by iambrb; 12/21/09.

_
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
need more pics.......<Grin>

Nice gun.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
what part of SC? im at 85/26.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by iambrb
Will sell to CA if you can show me it is legal.
Oh good GOD!!! We've discussed the living PISS out of this!!!!! Unless you hold an FFL, there is NO DAMNED RESTRICTION on selling firearms to California.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Lawdwaz - I cut down on the pics, my man!

Bricktop - I posted that 'bout Calli 'cause I did not know. Know why I did not see what you claim are mutliple threads? Take a look a the gun holder in the last pic and the you'll understand why I ain't on here all the time............

Ringworm - Dude...SO AM I!!!!!!

_
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
You have a PM

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I will take it if you agree to PM

IC B3

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I will return the PM shortly

_
iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

_
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'll take it.......no PM required

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry - power outage my area yesterday - gun is SPF

_

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 60 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,807
Posts18,496,383
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.