-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A week or two ago there was a thread about "What is a good hot toddy" or something like that.

I've been kind of in the dumps the last few days with a sore scratchy throat (probably due to time spent in the blizzard that is outside).

In that thread, I gave Sassy the old Crown Royal, lemon juice, honey and hot water recipe that has always worked for me in the past.

I don't remember who had the Hot buttered rum recipe, but I've had a few of those lately too.

Tonight however, I had a new one that a bartender suggested, it is as follows.

Take four bags of Sleepytime Lipton herbal tea, I don't think this has caffeine, and steep in one big cup of piping hot water -- You want it really dark as you will be diluting it later.

Add the juice of 1/4 of a lemon and a big squeeze of honey.

Divide this in half (for two drinks, or leave it alone for one big one)

Then add two shots of Dr. McGillicuddy's Mentholmint Schnapps to each half.

I opted for the one really big one, and I'm feeling a lot better already -- I don't know if I'm getting well, but I don't care anymore. grin

Seriously, my throat feels much better and I haven't coughed for an hour.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Printing out this post as I type this..... grin

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It tastes pretty much like a big hot liquid Honey/Lemon Hall's cough drop -- with a kick.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JacquesLaRami
A week or two ago there was a thread about "What is a good hot toddy" or something like that.

I've been kind of in the dumps the last few days with a sore scratchy throat (probably due to time spent in the blizzard that is outside).

In that thread, I gave Sassy the old Crown Royal, lemon juice, honey and hot water recipe that has always worked for me in the past.

I don't remember who had the Hot buttered rum recipe, but I've had a few of those lately too.

Tonight however, I had a new one that a bartender suggested, it is as follows.

Take four bags of Sleepytime Lipton herbal tea, I don't think this has caffeine, and steep in one big cup of piping hot water -- You want it really dark as you will be diluting it later.

Add the juice of 1/4 of a lemon and a big squeeze of honey.

Divide this in half (for two drinks, or leave it alone for one big one)

Then add two shots of Dr. McGillicuddy's Mentholmint Schnapps to each half.

I opted for the one really big one, and I'm feeling a lot better already -- I don't know if I'm getting well, but I don't care anymore. grin

Seriously, my throat feels much better and I haven't coughed for an hour.

Doctor LaRami has spoken!!!! grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (160user, 1lessdog, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,223 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,097
Posts18,502,029
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.