Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
akjeff Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
....to steal the sentiment from the old Honda ad.

A friend and I just returned from from hunting pheasants in the southwest part of ND. While the pheasant hunting was super, as was the weather; the people in that part of the country are unreal. The absolute nicest folks you'll ever meet. The rest of the world, could stand to take a few lessons from them.

If any of you 'fire members are from there, you have a home state, to be proud of....thanks for the hospitality!

Jeff

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Jeff
You making it home for the opening day?

laissez les bons temps rouler
akjeff Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey Harry! Unfortunately, I won't make the opener this year. Really kicking myself, as Mom has been seeing more big bucks than ever! Sure hope she drops one. Has her rifle sighted in, and ready to go!

Going to try to get back for spring gobbler season, and we may be having a family reunion in the summer. If I get back there, I'll be contacting you, as I really hope to have a get together.

I'll sure be thinking about all you PA deer hunters, and will still probably lose sleep the night before opening day!

Regards,

Jeff

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pa. will be missing a good guy on opening morning. Our loss.

Take care and let me know when your back,

Harry

laissez les bons temps rouler
akjeff Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Harry; with folks like you keeping the faith, opening day will always be a special event.

I'll keep in touch.

Jeff

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeff
SW ND is where we go to hunt pheasants and turkeys, too. Could not agree more on the quality of folks we have been treated to. Our friends are just outside Dickinson, actually Belfield.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
In years past, I have worked in ND a little bit, and the stereo types are all wrong, IMO. They are hard working, resourceful people, just lacking the psuedo sophistication of people from more populous areas. I could live there and like it.
Royce

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never hunted in ND but have in SD several times.
One of these days I hope to change that.
If the folks in ND are as nice as the ones in SD, it has to be great.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
akjeff Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Art,

Drove through Dickinson on the way to our hunting grounds to the south, near the Mott-Regent area. The genuine kindness and generosity of folks there, was truly amazing. Our friends in MT are cut from the same cloth.

Jeff

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Royce
In years past, I have worked in ND a little bit, and the stereo types are all wrong, IMO. They are hard working, resourceful people, just lacking the psuedo sophistication of people from more populous areas. I could live there and like it.
Royce

I think Fred hit the nail on the head..we in Montana make sport of the "flatlanders" once in awhile, but it is just that..
My Hoitey Toitey sister in Metropolitan Back East would refer to them condescendingly as " Salt of the Earth"...
I would refer to them as My kind of people..for sure...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

akjeff Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe

I would refer to them as My kind of people..for sure...

Ingwe

+1

Jeff

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Glad to hear the pheasant hunting was good. I remember hearing the heavy spring snows were killing all the birds. Sounded like they were going to have a rough year! I really need to look into hunting pheasants there. I was born in the Mitchell SD area and always go back there to hunt. It would be closer to my home in Wyoming to hunt SW North Dakota!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
People here suck and so does the hunting. Not sure why anyone would want to come somewhere that is so cold ALL of the time but to each his own. wink

akjeff Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
BwanaND,

Nice try! wink

Jeff

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I hunted South Dakota for years, had a ball. My life-long hunting and fishing partner bought a house in North Dakota just for the hunting. The people in N.D. were the very kindest, nicest group I have ever encountered while hunting out of state. I am a Utah resident. Oh! yea, there are absolutely no rooster pheasants in North Dakota. Please go to South Dakota for birds. Don't waste your time and money in ND.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks ;-{>

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 204guy, 55 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,775
Posts18,515,691
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.