Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
MtHtr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
With the number of breeding pairs down to 95 in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming (at more than 3 times the original goal), we continue to lose an incredible amount of livestock in addition to wildlife comsumed.

As of Dec. 8, wolves had killed at least 353 head of livestock, including guard dogs, in 2009, a rate of more than one per day. Officials with the Montana Department of Livestock add that for every confirmed wolf kill, they believe another seven cattle, sheep or horses are killed by wolves that aren�t found immediately and are fed on by other wild animals, so those deaths are known as unconfirmed kills.
http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...3ba4dee-f82d-11de-8345-001cc4c03286.html

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Move 'em to Central Park,NYC. That would warm the hearts of the idiots.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by EvilTwin

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
M
MtHtr Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
If we can trap and relocate problem bears, I don't see why we can't relocate some problem wolf packs to other states (Iowa?) to help with over population of deer as well as some selective culling of the old, sick etc.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If there is still some domestic sheep left in those states better import a few more wolves.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Oh?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Up here the timber wolves can run amuck in the winter on the deer and spring summer on livestock. They also try to lure domestic dogs as fodder as well in the winter. I shot one late last winter in my back yard. They are predaters plain and simple.
Randy

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MtHtr
If we can trap and relocate problem bears, I don't see why we can't relocate some problem wolf packs to other states (Iowa?) to help with over population of deer as well as some selective culling of the old, sick etc.

Besides relocating wolves to central park, also relocating them up BrentD's azz would be appropriate too, although ineffective (for someone so stoopid).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Lord - Why didn't we think of this sooner?!?

Kevin Haile
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
MtHtr: I am happy you brought this ongoing horror story to everyones attention!
It IS absolutely HORRIFIC what the transplanted Canadian Wolves are doing to the domestic animals here in Montana (Wyoming and Idaho as well!) let alone the Big Game Animlas.
But I need to take issue with a couple of things from the Billings article!
First of all the latest census (summer 2,009) of Wolves puts the population in the tri-state area at just over 2,000 animals!!!
Remember we were "PROMISED" (by the green sons of bitches and daughters of whores who are running this fiasco!) that ONLY 325 Wolves total would be the population where in once reached the states could manage them at that number!
So much for the lies of the green sons of bitches and daughters of whores!!!
The other part of the equation is that the Wolves have apparently NOT reached a density where they have "dominant" breeding pairs as yet.
The Wolves are breeding on a "come one come all" basis!
Where in (according to the game biologists) ANY female is likely to become impregnated!
NOT just the dominant "couples" but any female may be breeding/reproducing.
Thus the incredible explosion in population from 50 Wolves in 1995 to over 2,000 in the summer of 2,009!
IMAGINE where we are gonna be in 2,018???
Our Bighorn Sheep, Moose and Elk populations are suffering to the extreme in MANY areas of Wyoming, Idaho and Montana right now!
And thats a damned shame!
We (as sportsmen!) worked LONG and HARD to establish our Elk herds (and Moose and Bighorn Sheep herds!) now those herds are simply going up in Wolf farts!
Sportsmen be careful, VERY CAREFUL who you vote for!
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
On a personal note: I know several members of the Konen family and the harm that has befallen them and their ranching operations (very near my home!) at the hands (paws and fangs!) of the transplanted Canadian Wolves is much worse than was relayed in that article.
This whole Canadian Wolf transplantation situation is an absolute tragedy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Virgin territory. When the range is at capacity, only the alpha male and females will be breeding.

Jeez, Man, think of all that good fur! (Ours here, have canine lice- making their pelts mostly worthless after December or so....)

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kevinh1157
My Lord - Why didn't we think of this sooner?!?

Boston Commons and S. California too - surely these were part of their original range?

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Relocate the bastids to Texas, and get them accustomed to eating hogs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Remember we were "PROMISED" (by the green sons of bitches and daughters of whores who are running this fiasco!) that ONLY 325 Wolves total would be the population where in once reached the states could manage them at that number!

Well, I don't know if I ever saw that target number before but there's surely more than 10x that number now................hell, I just read another thread where Wisconsin is estimating nearly 700 in that state.

Only (sadly) solution is that a few people need to get killed by them to raise the alarm level..........but maybe that wouldn't even do it.

MM

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I remember a target number of 35 breeding pairs for the state Of MT. being spewed out...IIRC

There are easily ten times that number now...

Must be a reason they call them "target" numbers....... whistle

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The best "Entrenchment" of a woof comes via the second "S" !

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gents, if you get a minute check out www.lobowatch.com . I have met with Toby and we are working on starting a chapter of Sportsman For Wildlife. He has garnered some support from some of the hunting industry and is meeting with folks from the RMEF this week. It is time to take a stand on the wolf issue and let the fish and game know we are fed up! Casey

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gwindrider1
Relocate the bastids to Texas, and get them accustomed to eating hogs.

No no no no no, the cursed things wouldn't stay on the south side of the Red River and we've only recently gotten good deer populations up here.

On the other hand, the hogs might get accustomed to eating wolves. smile

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I had hoped Idaho would have had more Wolf kills by now with 140 down and 80 to go.The units that need it the worst just are not getting the quota's filled or maybe the Wolves have just moved on following the Elk.

The Wolf re-intro was a sad day for sportsmen/campers and outdoors men not to mention the ranchers and farmers.I doubt it will ever be the same in my lifetime.

Jayco

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So lets say we poison all the grizzlies in Alaska? Would it not be a bit diminshed? A little less wonderfull.........
So why is Montana and Idaho better without wolves and a safe place for cows and sheep?
Now that you are finally able to hunt these wolves I hope there is more tollerance for a fantatic animal.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 160user, 1badf350, 16penny, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,118 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,026
Posts18,481,740
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.