Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by bender
Wow indeed. You are so utterly and completely completely wrong, yet so very sure of yourself. Perhaps your view makes sense in relation to your point of reference/ upbringing, because to tell the truth, you are passionate about it, and really seem intelligent.

The question (or I should say accusation)was that Jeff is not in the middle, well how would you define him. Do you think liberals would define him as a liberal with these stances?

-Guns. 2nd amendment all the way, on multiple levels, to include "because it ain't for duck hunting".

-Free markets. Love 'em, not that they really exist anyway but that another topic;

-Person freedom, accountability, and responsibility.

-Small government. PLEASE! Cut the [bleep] thing down to size. Including the military. Stop the global meddling.

-State's rights.

I would label him as disingenuous at best. Voting for the most anti-gun liberal in the senate doesn't show much support for the second amendment.

He wants personal freedom, accountability, and responsibility but wants to force obama care down our throats. Talk about giving the governemnt control over your life.

Last edited by Mac84; 01/13/10.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[I'll say it till I'm blue in the face because it's true. The perverse obsession with Puritan social issues is POISON for the Republicans, in addition to being anti-freedom and unConstitutional. You want to win? Stop scaring off the crucial middle with harebrained attempts to put the Bible places it shouldn't be.

[/quote] I think America was so successful BECAUSE of the Christian values that formed the bones of our Constitution. Don't think we are going to convince each other either way, at any rate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder where he worked as a constitutional scholar?

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"A person who graduates from Harvard Law, and goes on to be a constitutional law professor, has demonstrated an ability to assimilate information, to mount and maintain a debate, and to play the game of politics. All important things."

Bush graduated from Yale. Your point is?

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
"A person who graduates from Harvard Law, and goes on to be a constitutional law professor, has demonstrated an ability to assimilate information, to mount and maintain a debate, and to play the game of politics. All important things."

Evidently, JO doesn't think that having experience with taxation, budgets, military matters,administration, etc., means much-things that Bush, as governor of Texas, was immersed.
Obama on the other hand, was a community organizer, and oh yes, the junior senator from Illinois.
Not hard to see who has more on the ball.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. A fancy degree and no real world work experience makes one qualified to be President.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I forgot to mention that Bush was a USAF fighter pilot...
Maybe I am missing something, but military pilots aren't known for being complete idiots, which if you were to listen to JO and his ilk-is exactly what Bush is.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess idiots recognze their own, or at least they think they do.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow indeed. You are so utterly and completely completely wrong, yet so very sure of yourself. Perhaps your view makes sense in relation to your point of reference/ upbringing, because to tell the truth, you are passionate about it, and really seem intelligent.

The question (or I should say accusation)was that Jeff is not in the middle, well how would you define him. Do you think liberals would define him as a liberal with these stances?

-Guns. 2nd amendment all the way, on multiple levels, to include "because it ain't for duck hunting".

-Free markets. Love 'em, not that they really exist anyway but that another topic;

-Small government. PLEASE! Cut the [bleep] thing down to size. Including the military. Stop the global meddling.

-State's rights.

I'd say based on his action of voting for Obamma, he is at best disengenous with those claims, or they are a flat out lie.

To me he sounds like your typical secular progressive liberal. He wants to live his life as he wants, makes lots of money, and feel good that the little people are being taken care of by the government (and hopefully someone elses money). He is scared to death of anyone who mention's Christian values, as there is evidently something in the way he lives his life that is diametrically opposed to Christian values.

And that bs about republickans apealing to the "middle" is utter bs. The democrats apeal to the middle, whenever they republicans run a "centrist" candidate, they loose, because they can't out democrat a democrat.

If the republicans actually ran true concervative small government candidates, they'd win. Because there are alot of people who want a good leader that'll put things in order. But when it comes to centrist fence sitters that blow in the wind, well if you buy that hope and change crap, you know that's what the democrats promise.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 340boy

Evidently, JO doesn't think that having experience with taxation, budgets, military matters,administration, etc., means much-things that Bush, as governor of Texas, was immersed.
Obama on the other hand, was a community organizer, and oh yes, the junior senator from Illinois.
Not hard to see who has more on the ball.

The role of the Texas Governor is primarily ceremonial. After the south lost the war, the northern dominated congress and senate assigned a provisional Governor to help inflict harsh post war reprisals. During this period the Texas congress legislated away virtually all the Governor�s powers. The Lt. Governor wields the most power in the state to this day.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe I am missing something, but military pilots aren't known for being complete idiots, which if you were to listen to JO and his ilk-is exactly what Bush is.

George W. Bush was never in the USAF. He pulled some strings to get into the Texas Air National Guard, which during 1968-1974 was exempt from combat duty in Vietnam. His record and performance was spotty at best.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep. A fancy degree and no real world work experience makes one qualified to be President.

And money!! Don't forget the bucks! Going to be really interesting to watch just how much money is spent for campaigning in 2012. It's my guess that this one will be a spare no expense election.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rkamp

George W. Bush was never in the USAF. He pulled some strings to get into the Texas Air National Guard, which during 1968-1974 was exempt from combat duty in Vietnam. His record and performance was spotty at best.

Air force-Navy-Guards-only the best get to be pilots and only the best of the best get to fly fighter-interceptors

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Uhhh, the last time I checked, the Air National Guard units in the US are part of the United States Air Force-train with them, deploy with them,etc.
You still want to try and tell us that Obama, the 'community organizer' has more skill and talent than a former fighter pilot in the USAF??

James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Uhhh, the last time I checked, the Air National Guard units in the US are part of the United States Air Force-train with them, deploy with them,etc.
You still want to try and tell us that Obama, the 'community organizer' has more skill and talent than a former fighter pilot in the USAF??

Check Bush's record before you make him out to be Randall Cunningham. The USAF may have trained him, but it was time and money that could have been spent training someone more dedicated and deserving. Most of us were never handed anything. It busts my chops when I hear someone trying to defend a mediocre elite.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Check Bush's record before you make him out to be Randall Cunningham. The USAF may have trained him, but it was time and money that could have been spent training someone more dedicated and deserving. Most of us were never handed anything. It busts my chops when I hear someone trying to defend a mediocre elite.

I repeat-Air force-Navy-Guards-only the best get to be pilots and only the best of the best get to fly fighter-interceptors.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NeBassman
You know this how?

The Ghost writers name is Lynn Vincent. It was covered in the news when her book was released.

Palin had a collaborator to help,but she did a all of the writing herself, employing her journalism skills and her personal diaries and notes that she had kept throughout her life. Lynn Vincent worked on the book with Palin for several weeks, but was not a "ghostwriter". When Palin met with Harper Collins editors for intensive editing sessions in New York City,publisher Jonathan Burnham said that Palin had been "unbelievably conscientious and hands-on at every stage", adding that the book was "her words,her life,in full and fascinating detail."

Going Rogue attained sales of over 2.7 million copies by December 1, 2009,and was number one on The New York Times Best Seller list for six consecutive weeks.Mrs.Palin sold 1.2 million more copies than Bill Clinton's book,that had been on sale since 2004,and 2.3 million more copies than the Moron-in-Chief's book.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by ironbender
I got chit to do. maybe I'll check back on this thread, but case closed...irregardless. smile

Toot and scoot. Typical. Gutless, but typical.
Laughable.
You need to do two things.
Sorry, sport. You don't get to make those determinations.
First, since you've mocked my self-definition of "middle", it's only fair that you define "middle".
IMO, voting for Obama, and then "defending" that, rather than recognizing your error and apologizing for it, fences you out of anything recognizable as "middle".
Second, you need to clarify what you meant by saying I'm an "alleged" hunter. Being called a liar really pisses me off. Is that what you are implying?
Ease up ya overachiever. Learn a few words. Show where I called you a liar. That's different then an implication, which didn't occur either. I've not seen you hunt and your attitude about almost everything is different than that of people that I've hunted with. All I can say is that you allege to be a hunter. I'll accept your honorable word though. <g> wink

Voting for Obama DEFINES you irrespective of your dribble.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott

-State's rights.

I'd say based on his action of voting for Obamma, he is at best disengenous with those claims, or they are a flat out lie.

To me he sounds like your typical secular progressive liberal. He wants to live his life as he wants, makes lots of money, and feel good that the little people are being taken care of by the government (and hopefully someone elses money). He is scared to death of anyone who mention's Christian values, as there is evidently something in the way he lives his life that is diametrically opposed to Christian values.

And that bs about republickans apealing to the "middle" is utter bs. The democrats apeal to the middle, whenever they republicans run a "centrist" candidate, they loose, because they can't out democrat a democrat.

If the republicans actually ran true concervative small government candidates, they'd win. Because there are alot of people who want a good leader that'll put things in order. But when it comes to centrist fence sitters that blow in the wind, well if you buy that hope and change crap, you know that's what the democrats promise.

You live in your own world, I don't mean that as an insult. Some of you just can't fathom different degrees of political opinion, it has to be this way or that way.

If somebody has a conservative stance on one issue, but more liberal on another, he must be a flaming liberal hiding who he really is.

I'm a moderate conservative, I think most conservatives are right on much, but not all. I think most liberals are wrong on most, but not all. I acknowledge that some might be pro-gun, but also pro-choice, you all would assume if one is pro-choice, they are bullschitting about being pro-gun.

I got news, there are shades of gray, if you don't want gray voting for your candidate, fine, advocate for such.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Bush was immersed in alcohol and little else. Oh yeah, and Daddy's money.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 10 of 33 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 32 33

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

53 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 732 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.