Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yeah, I have had similar experiences with other Yahoo grps,
specifically a fishing electronics site that of course has
no official offiliation with the manufacturer, but is ran by
employees... all in their spare time out of the goodness of
their hearts, LOL. Don't ask a question there about how or
why something doesn't work as advertised.

Anyway, the rings - I'm happy with Ruger, the rifle I got,
all is well with the world far as me. Grasshopper, nah, I
didn't know how they were sposed to be packaged cause I didn't
get anything but the tag saying they were furnished.
I suspected some borrowing along the way, either shipping or
warehouse, but the distributor swears they don't even open
them, come in from Ruger, to the warehouse, then out to the
customer. The people you talk to aren't even in the same building (zip code?) as the warehouse, so forget asking them to go open one up and tell you anything about it. Sort of a
poor way to buy a gun in hindsight. This was all before I discovered this website, next one I buy I plan to deal with members here.

As far as folks worrying about the value of their collections...
I just can't even comprehend, and don't want to.
I used to be "into" sixties musclecars, and saw a lot of people buy a lot of cars
for investments who had no love for the cars whatsoever. Drove up prices and
hurt the average guy who wanted to own one, drag race it a little, DRIVE IT.
Cars are meant to be driven, rifle to be shot - but that's just me.

Last edited by jeffdwhite; 03/08/10.
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Just to throw a bit of fuel on the fire....(pun intended).

Clay over at Luxus Walnut http://www.luxusarms.com/ took delivery on a 1S in .300 H&H. Yup,I claimed it.

I chose stock CEX33 off this page http://www.luxusarms.com/html/body_rugerblankinventory.html

Having the blank flipped so the top pic will be on the non-cheekpiece side.

Thought some of you fellas might be interested grin

Last edited by nyrifleman; 03/08/10.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stunning wood!

1B

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As a geezer, I am chuckling at the same folks who touted the 300 WSM/SAUM as the second coming a few years ago, now actually want a #1 in the ancient, obsolete, inefficient, hoplessly OLD 300 H&H.

Now I read 303 British as well? Can the 22 High Power be far behind?

My High Wall in 300 Flanged (a 300 H&H only with a rim) As rimless belted cartridges don't work for squat with a standard High Wall type extractor.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Gotta be embarrassing to have oldman1942 post on a thread you started. And I am embarrassed. Sorry guys!

Steve

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yeah... really dude...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
No problems man. If not for that, I'd have never got to see
the pic of that fine Hi-wall. Think I'm gonna save it to my
files because I'm sure I'll never see that picture posted up
again... Snort crazy

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jeffdwhite
No problems man. If not for that, I'd have never got to see
the pic of that fine Hi-wall. Think I'm gonna save it to my
files because I'm sure I'll never see that picture posted up
again... Snort crazy

Ya, its a rare picture. I wish he'd post a pic of his H&H cartridge line up..havent seen it posted in over an hour now..

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Steve,

Have you been to the range yet with the 300 H&H? I am heading up to the Dmascus IWLA this week which will save you some driving time.. interested?

Doc

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hey you guys, keep posting any range reports and pics. They are always interesting to see.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Doc,

Shot the #1 300 H&H about a week ago. Pretty accurate. Am now having a recoil pad put on to increase LOP some.

Was at Poolsville IWLA yesterday to do some shooting.
My RCBS ChargeMaster crapped out and I sent it to RCBS yesterday. Until I get it back, I won't be doing any reloading.

Thanks for the offer.

Best,
Steve

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yes it does steveie, especially when I am 100% correct.

As for pics.... I await to see all your (current retail $8000) 300 H&Hs...... GRIN

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Haven't posted in a looong time since the mods refuse to do anything about a particular jackass that blatantly breaks the posted rules we all agreed to. Told it "wasn't worth the outcry of it being censorship if anyone was banned". A complete joke of an excuse but... make rules but don't follow them :roll:

Anyways...

Saw this topic and thought I could add something. I spoke with a distributor president firsthand and got a pair of these .300 H&H's on order for myself. They'd had 2 previously and the next two would be mine. Took about a month or so but I got them this past week. Basically the dealer needs to place the order with the distributor and then have that distributor place their order with Ruger. Ruger isn't doing the mass run of a particular model like they used to -> Lean manufacturing cuts down on erroneous inventory. More made to order now. So unless they're ordered at the wholesale level, the dealers won't be getting them either. Surely some distributors might order some for stock but I'd venture a guess most are spoken for when the orders to Ruger are placed. You want one make sure your dealer get it ordered! Otherwise, take your chances.
That said...I have the .303 Brit on order now as well. smile

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
BlkHawk73,

What you posted is inconsistent with what Ruger told me, but perfectly consistent with what I experienced, as did some others at the Fire.

I have no idea why Ruger, if they want to sell rifles, would not just tell their potential customers how to go about buying their rifles.

In fact, it seems much more likely that a company would tell customers that rifles were available when they weren't, than tell customers that they were not available when they were.

Strange!

Steve

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Doc,

Shot the #1 300 H&H about a week ago. Pretty accurate. Am now having a recoil pad put on to increase LOP some.

Was at Poolsville IWLA yesterday to do some shooting.
My RCBS ChargeMaster crapped out and I sent it to RCBS yesterday. Until I get it back, I won't be doing any reloading.

Thanks for the offer.

Best,
Steve

Steve,

Hopefully your RCBS press will arrive at the same time our ranges will dry out from all this rain. Since your about 6'2" you need a little extra padding at the rear.

Doc

Doc

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Doc,
I'm getting pretty itchy. I full-length resized, champfered and de-burred and installed primers in 200 rounds of 17 Fireball yesterday evening. Now they will sit there until I get my ChargeMaster back from RCBS. Talked to an RCBS CS guy today, and he said that they would either fix my unit, or send a new one to me this week

I like these guys.

Steve

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steve: Glad your 300H&H is shooting well. This is gooooood! it looks like we'll be shooting this week-end[hopefully] When my bud Dave shoots his 300H&H, I'll give load and range reports. Happy shooting Steve. Tom

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Tom,

I'll follow with my range report as soon as I can load ammo again.

Steve

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I think it really depends on where you go to order it. 99% of the small FFL dealers and retailers around here don't update their ordering books right away (still using 2009 months into 2010). And if you call to order something and it's not in the catalogue they will say they don't have it....

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I contacted three pretty large retail gun shops that sell nationwide on the internet. They contacted their distributors, who told them that they did not have the rifles, and after contacting Ruger, were told that Ruger was not making them yet, and so they could only be back-ordered.

I contacted Ruger CS, and was told there was no schedule yet for starting production. I then contacted Ruger sales department and was told that production would not start for, IIRC, 60-90 days. I then sent a msg to the Ruger CEO in the "Ask the Ceo" part of the Ruger home page. Never got a response.

In the meantime, posters here at the Fire were shooting their new rifles. I got a tip from one of the posters, called a small gun shop in WV, and the owner ordered, and got a rifle for me.

For a long time, Ruger has been known for advertising firearms that they don't produce for quite a while. Now it looks like they are building rifles that they don't admit to building.

I have no idea what Ruger is thinking. But in the meantime, I've got my rifle,like it so far, and plan to take it on a Montana bear hunt this Spring.

Steve

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,108
Posts18,502,258
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.