Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Good grief Hawk--you don't handcuff somebody for excercising their RIGHT!. I have very right to excersize my rights in the presence of police, as long as I am not interfering with the police--especially when I'm standing on my own property!

Maybe we should pass a law saying that PO's should be disarmed when in my presence because I don't feel safe when ANYBODY is packing heat when I'm in their presence!

In Colorado, I don't need a government permission slip to carry in full view--even in a vehicle as long as the loaded gun is in full view (unloaded I can carry anyway I want). When my friend was stopped by the state patrol, he immediately told the officer he had a 44 mag sitting on the tranny hump and it was loaded. The officer had him hand over the revolver, the he unloaded it and put it on the hood of the truck, wrote the ticket, handed the gun and ammo back to my friend, and we drove off......I can live with that in the interest of citizens rights and the officer's safety.

Of course, this was on the Western Slope, on the front range the officer would probably just shoot you..........

Next thing we know, police policy will be to disarm every household on the block before the squad car drives down the street.........all in the interest of government "safety".........

Casey
Well, Casey, if you didn't get my joke, I guess it must indeed have been a bit too subtle. Please go back, however, and read it more carefully. A sense of the absurd will help you in getting it.

I've found a sense of humor along with a good grasp of the absurd is very useful in dealing with today's police.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wife and I took CCW classes this weekend, different places. Both classes taught by cops, both classes said they wanted as many citizens legally carrying as they can get. The general concensus around here if you get pulled over and have a CCW, the cop goes easy on you and wants to end up talking about guns.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Wife and I took CCW classes this weekend, different places. Both classes taught by cops, both classes said they wanted as many citizens legally carrying as they can get. The general concensus around here if you get pulled over and have a CCW, the cop goes easy on you and wants to end up talking about guns.
Depends largely on the cop and the region of the country. Also city vs rural. It only makes sense that a cop would breath a sigh of relief to discover he's dealing with a CCW license holder, i.e., someone who's been thoroughly background checked, but some cops are idiots. What we need is a law that goes hand in hand with shall issue CCW laws, which forbids the cop disarming a CCW licensed individual unless they have probable cause to suspect they represent a credible threat to someone. There needs to be serious repercussions should a cop do this, as it's a clear violation of fundamental rights and an act of tyranny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will you PLEASE make up yore mind .grin grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I gotta admit Hawk, I had to read it the second time before I realized it was fully tongue-in-cheek.. Then, I LMAO..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some days Hawk sarcasm is lost on the multitudes. I thought it was funny myself.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Hawk IS NOT A COP, NEVER WAS A COP, he was making a funny!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
laugh

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
I gotta admit Hawk, I had to read it the second time before I realized it was fully tongue-in-cheek.. Then, I LMAO..
laugh Thanks.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well, Casey, if you didn't get my joke, I guess it must indeed have been a bit too subtle. Please go back, however, and read it more carefully. A sense of the absurd will help you in getting it.

You were waaaay too subtle for me Hawk!......now I get it!..... blush

I retract.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
she should be monitoring parking meters.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by fluffy
she should be monitoring parking meters.
That was where it all started, with meter maids. Remember that term?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy

I got pulled over in the middle of Joplin last summer. The copchick dammed near pulled her gun on me just because I got out of the truck. I don't look like a banger and I had my hands in full view. She grabbed her gun and screamed hysterically for me to get back in the truck, which I did as best I could whilst backing up and keeping an eye on her, again, with my hands in full view. I complained to her Sergeant. I should've taken it higher. He apologized and explained she was still in training. All over running a stoplight. One of those deals where I hit the sweet spot and could neither get through it nor stop without slamming on my brakes. Should've gotten a pass on it, but she ticketed me anyway. She'll probably kill somebody.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Curdog .45-70 Doesn't appear to be the sharpest tack in the box.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yeah , I read your whole post . I only read the black part , though , where you claim you disarm everybody and explain how important it is that YOU remain safe .

I've only been stopped twice since I got my CCL . Once by small town cop , once by TX DPS [ hiway patrol ] . Both times I showed my CCL along with DL and told them where firearms were located .

In both instances they just asked me to keep my hands in view , since I was still in my pickup . Didn't get a ticket either time .

I see an inconsistency in your image as a concervative type guy , and your disdain for the citizen .
That post was a joke. No one here at the fire is harder on the growing American police state than me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1234567

Him and a few others, the intent was obvious for anyone paying a bit of attention.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by n007
Originally Posted by 1234567

Him and a few others, the intent was obvious for anyone paying a bit of attention .

Therein lies the problem. It's rampant here.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Forager
Next time, ask the pint-size b!tch cop to leave.

She wouldn't; in fact I doubt any cop would at that stage...

What gets me about this is not what she did, but that she will not be censured for it and the guy concerned has not recieved a public apology and perhaps some compensation.

I would say that the woman simply lacks the judgement needed to be a good Cop and her Department needs to acknowledge that...
No, you don't get it. Her department approves of it as one of the options available to them.

Hawkeye,

I do get it; very much so...When the story broke in the Officers Department, I bet it caused more than a few raised eyebrows with the veteran street cops and if her conduct/judgement is similarly questionable in other areas, I bet she garners very little respect from her fellow Officers

Of course they probably won't admit that to a civilian, as there is a loyalty things going on, plus as you say the Department approves of the action to avoid being accused of needlessly endangering its employees lives (think law suit)...

The whole incident is wrong on so many levels and I bet the Department doesn't even attempt to make it right as it would open too many cans of worms for them...

Regards,

Peter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Okay, I'll be the Devil on this.

I'm a little offended by some the sexist remarks here. Dumb rookies come in every shape, color and size and I have never observed that women cops are more cowardly that males. Whether either apply to this scenario is a guess however, as the "victim" sounds like he had his big man feelings hurt by a girl. Who knows.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pete E
The whole incident is wrong on so many levels and I bet the Department doesn't even attempt to make it right as it would open too many cans of worms for them...

Regards,

Peter

Maybe you're not aware that this exact kind of thing has been happening all over the United States since the concealed carry license movement got under way in the 1980s.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 06hunter59, 160user, 49 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,135
Posts18,523,225
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.