-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thats kind of the point of F-Class... *NOT* sweating like a whore in church whilst lashed up in the bondage-with-a-gun outfit wink

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
grin

B!tch shooting in a T-shirt, ain't it? Pass the sunscreen please, my back burns easily...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
dang, you get all lazy... first you don't want the straight jacket on, then you don't want irons, then you want sand bags, no heat, probably a golf cart between lines. Want me to pull the trigger too? Grins..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Our wind coach for Bisley last year (normally an iron-sight shooter/coach) was quoted as saying 'F-Class is a baaaaad influence'... after we got back he grabbed his stuff to go to a match to practice for Perry... once he got there, he realized he'd forgotten his coat, glove and sling! I should have asked if he remembered his bipod at least wink

Last edited by memilanuk; 06/08/10.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I shot the 1000 yard match this past Sunday. I must be getting old(er), I almost passed out during the third match. My eyesight became all blurry and my head was spinning. I could not finish soon enough and after putting in the ECI, I just rolled on my back and lay motionless for many minutes. The heat was bad, but the humidity was 117%.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by memilanuk
Our wind coach for Bisley last year (normally an iron-sight shooter/coach) was quoted as saying 'F-Class is a baaaaad influence'... after we got back he grabbed his stuff to go to a match to practice for Perry... once he got there, he realized he'd forgotten his coat, glove and sling! I should have asked if he remembered his bipod at least wink

Thats a good one... you missed the chance for a great poke at him.!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Denys.... the last 2 weekends have been horribly warm and stupidly humid.... Right now I'm in the physical shape that a tshirt, 2 sweat shirts and a leather jacket would probably black me out before I started shooting.....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
wind & mirage clinic at Lodi this weekend. 600 on sat, 1k on Sunday. State long range champs there end of this month. 43 f-class shooters registered, 8 are f-tr (i'm one of 'em-yippieee). there is now a waiting list, 2 are f-class.

GOA
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I saw enough wind and mirage last Sunday to last me for a while. I could not believe how fast the wind reverses where during the last match; one shot, I am 1.5 minutes right and holding on the edge of the 7-ring at 3 o'clock and the next shot, I am holding on the edge of the target at 9 o'clock.

It was so hot and humid, I almost landed at the clinic.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
1000 or less last Sunday?

I recall it was super common when Bullis was still open, to move almost 15 minutes or so from one shot to the next at 1000. Sometimes you shot back to back Xs... sometimes it wasn't nearly as good.....

IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
It was a 1000 yard match.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
from what I remember weather wise here on Sunday when we were remodeling... is that the sawdust under teh table saw stayed under it, because the wind kept swirling a lot and gusty..

THe other problem you have at bayou is in that humidity the mirage alone is worth a LOT typically.... because its heavier than in most places down there.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Our wind coach for Bisley last year (normally an iron-sight shooter/coach) was quoted as saying 'F-Class is a baaaaad influence'... after we got back he grabbed his stuff to go to a match to practice for Perry... once he got there, he realized he'd forgotten his coat, glove and sling! I should have asked if he remembered his bipod at least.

I don't believe I could bite my tounge hard enought and not make a comment or two...

Boys in the pits would hear a GOOD twenty minute comic act on that one. grin

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by memilanuk
Mike,

The rumor I heard was that both 2012 and 2013 Nationals are to be @ Raton. No word on the date for 2012, but the 2013 event is supposed to be immediately preceding FCWC, just like the British Imperial Meeting was. Unfortunately, that puts it in mid-July... in New Mexico. Yuck. I might wilt wink

Monte

Mid July in Raton is really no worse and perhaps much better than midJuly in Lodi. Humidity can be higher in NM than most people think but at 6500 ft more or less, Raton is often a lot nicer than Lodi at that time of year. I get to go to both places regularly and will be leaving for Raton yet again in two weeks.

Wind at Raton can be much more variable than Lodi. I would wager that Lodi has higher average scores than Raton, I know I do. Of course, I don't shoot F-class but I do shoot Creedmoors and wind is at least as much of a factor if not more.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Our wind coach for Bisley last year (normally an iron-sight shooter/coach) was quoted as saying 'F-Class is a baaaaad influence'... after we got back he grabbed his stuff to go to a match to practice for Perry... once he got there, he realized he'd forgotten his coat, glove and sling! I should have asked if he remembered his bipod at least.

I don't believe I could bite my tounge hard enought and not make a comment or two...

Boys in the pits would hear a GOOD twenty minute comic act on that one. grin

You sure you never shot Perry NRA rifle or CMP rifle matches.... I've heard some good comic acts in the pits on Viale low end from a few from MI....my roommate in taxidermy school was from Flint.... he was a comedian at times too....

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Got an email last night confirming the dates, September 26~30. Haven't seen a match format as of yet.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Any reason to believe it would be significantly different than the last several events? I wish the strings were 20rds instead of 15, but the F/Open crowd seems to be driving that end of things (don't want to smoke their precious barrels).

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I like 20 rd strings. Things can change fast with that many rounds going down range at a grand.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Always interesting that we have our matches here, set up mostly on 20 round strings, but then we cowtow to international stuff.. and move things to 15 shot strings... Guess the majority rules in a way though...

Always thought the 10 prone at Perry for the P100 was a joke too... I got close to shooting that clean clean once upon a time....99-9x.. and it was a stupid high shot centered up and I knew it when it broke.....

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
It seems the F-class national team is at Bayou this weekend for tryouts. If they shoot on Sunday, they will have to do 20 round matches.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 14idaho, 13 invisible), 1,060 guests, and 963 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,417
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.