Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
A
Hi Sitka

I only get to gravad Seatrout over here ( UK )very pale and fat-full when fresh run. How do you reduce the fat in cold smoking?
or extra pressing ? Any advice welcome.

PS off subject - Note from previous entry you had a SA Mastery 1011 spare spool - do you have this yet?

Ambrose

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ambrose
I have no desire to reduce the fat! wink Fat is where it's at! Our king salmon is extremely fat, especially the bellies. Kippering is the better way to go maybe for them.

The cold smoke was just to add the smoke to the fish, not to dry nor cook it. It adds a lot IMO as long as you keep the amount of smoke down.

Silver salmon (coho) is often considered the best gravad species.

What we generally term cold smoking fish produces a very dry, hard product, like jerky. pak is the king of outstanding cold smoked fish.

Sorry, that spare spool went away.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did ya Google Aquavit yet Art and figure out what it is or how to spell it? Tell us again how Citrus is never used in Gravlax but it tastes "better" with it.
Whooooops! laugh
You can't even use an original insult. You had to lift that from one of my old posts. Feckin idiot. LOL
Tell us again why your not a moderator any more. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Stetson...if you were right you would still be an arrogant jerk. Fortunately, when it comes to Art, at least, you are also wrong.

I encounter very few people here who I find degradingly despicable. You are one of the few.

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dennis
I get the coolest thing every time I look at his posts...

I hear he is really working at engaging me... But it ain't happenin'. Useless tools are best ignored...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by muledeer
Stetson...if you were right you would still be an arrogant jerk.
Dennis

Hmmmmm Seems a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

"Thank you so much for providing all that you are certain I need to know. Forgive me for not answering your questions, though, because I really have no interest in incessant trading of fish-catching/fish-eating thoughts."

"when it comes to Art, at least, you are also wrong"

Ya mean he's still a moderator? laugh

A
A
Sitka thank you for your advice re S/trout, much appreciated. Yes and sorry to hear the SA 1011 spool is sold.

Ambrose

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 219 Wasp, 21, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 16,714 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,834
Posts18,537,140
Members74,047
Most Online17,595

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.