-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice dogs...just tagging the thread for future reference.

GB1

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders

Same for me!

... and I do appreciate the names of the breeds so I can learn!

John

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Pa_MT_man
Heres my golden Sage with two grouse at camp.
[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Heres one with her aunt Tessie.
[img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

And heres one with her big sister. We decide to take sassy my rott to see what all the fun was about. Sage showed her these two roosters. [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]

Love the grey on your girl. Its a damn shame that dogs can't live as long as you or your guns. But I figure the good Lord uses this as a teaching moment.

Last edited by Huntaria_Setters; 02/12/10.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jpb

Same for me!

John

Please forgive my cultural ignorance. What kind of dogs do Swedes hunt?

I know its not the same country, but it is in your part of the world. I've had several Norwegian Elkhounds. Do you hunt these dogs? Here, we've used them to hunt squirrels and to recover big game (well, at least I have).

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My Yella

[Linked Image]

caint make cake outta [bleep]
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jpb

Same for me!

John

I didnt name the breeds in my pic, some may not know what the red dog is, he's a Vizsla (Hungarian pointer). most know what the other dog is, an English Pointer.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

[Linked Image]
Pointing Lab

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I grew up with pointers, setters, labs, beagles, and Brits, but this 'un amazed me. He would back my pointers, find and retrieve birds in briers and brambles that none of my other dogs would venture into, track and find downed deer or people, was one of the two best squirrel dogs I ever saw, was the best cattle dog that many experienced cattlemen had ever seen, was a trained Therapy Dog, and made friends and brightened the world wherever he went.

He was my constant companion and best friend and I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for him. He also attracted my wonderful wife, the most awesome woman I've ever met, to me.

He passed on March 21st, 2009. I still miss him terribly, but one of his sons is stretched out on the bed beside me as I type this.

This is Bo:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He caught himself a silver 'coon:

[Linked Image]

My buddy Bo, the 85 lb lap dog:

[Linked Image]

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My next dog will be a GSD..havent had one for 12 years, Ive worked with/Trained a bunch of them and I miss having one around...
Have already put a deposit on one...but will wait for attrition....before I replace any dogs here.
Skeezix must feel the same as I...theres GSDs...then theres everything else.
My last one was just a half breed rescue dog, borderline psychotic with issues( like many rescues) but I miss her terribly...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
she's a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon
DIY in NoDak

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
GOOD photos Ky... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, +1 on what ingwe said. Good pics. And cool lookin' dog. Looks like a sweetie.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Belle is a Wirehaired Pointing Griffon (WPG). She falls under the versatile hunting dog category. She can track deer, find rabbits, point and retrieve birds and loves the water. I shot a deer with my bow this year. It was a good shot and I knew that deer was going to die. I went and got Belle, put her on the ground and she picked up that blood trail and tracked that deer about 80-100yds through the woods right to it where it laid. She hunts pretty close, she is not a big running dog. My father-in-law has a 9yr old Setter and many of his bird hunting friends have several Setters. They were all pretty skeptical of our WPG. They have since come around, realizing that she compliments the bigger running Setters. Most of the time Belle is on the ground with my FIL's dog. My FILs dog is a much bigger running dog than Belle, but she finds birds that he missed. She will work slower and more methodical, stick her head in some pretty think cover and produce birds. She is very competitive and it has been tough to get her to 'back' another dog. She has desire like no other dog I have been around. A typical fall for her is 3 weeks in ND, MT and Sask for Huns, pheasant and sharpies. 2 trips to Iowa or KS, a couple of trips to W. TN for grouse and several S. GA trips for quail. Only downfall is she hates cats, skunks, raccoons and porcupines. She has been quiled twice.
on point in NoDak
[Linked Image]

IIRC, these are Sharpies getting up
[Linked Image]

Walking tree rows looking for Huns in NoDak
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HuntKY,

Thats a nice stack of roosters for a DIY!!! I have hunted with my buddy's Griffon... great dogs!! Kinda ugly, but great dogs no less!

Andrew
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lovemy99
HuntKY,

Thats a nice stack of roosters for a DIY!!! I have hunted with my buddy's Griffon... great dogs!! Kinda ugly, but great dogs no less!

How can you say a face like that is Kinda Ugly???

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Here is my boy. Still a pup. Wont be bird trained as my good bud has an AWESOME pair of pups in a English Pointer, and a Brittany.

This boy is still my hunting companion and boy does he LOVE to get outdoors. He helped with this coyote. I should have had a double, but my AR was off so bad that I aimed for center of chest, facing me on this dog and hit her square between the eyes!

Meet Charlie, my Yellow Lab pup:
[Linked Image]

The dog with him in this second picture is his big brother, Ojos. Ojos isnt much for a hunting companion as he HATES gunfire, but he is a good boy and has helped train Charlie on the ways of the world and "What Dad says, do it!" :
[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hoping to take in a Yellow Lab pup in about a month for Training...I can't wait!! grin

Ingwe

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
I tell ya what, they are sharp sharp sharp! This dude got "sit" by voice and hand signal in hoestly, 10 minutes. Of course he does the puppy dance of wagging his tail and not wanting to, but he does it well! They are smarter than I can imagine!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good deal! This one better be smart...there will be a LOT expected of him...

Ingwe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HuntKY your WPG looks to my eye much like a (GWP) German Wirehair Pointer as far as color and size. The GWP seem more slighly built than the than German Short hair Pointer. Is it true that you WPG is similar to the German Wirehair as far as size and coloration? Disposition they could be miles a part I don't know.
Thanks for your time. Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1234, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,261
Posts18,486,455
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.