Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A guy posted this on another site asking for help in finding this beautiful hard earned bull.
Some lowlife SOB stole it from his place in Elko Nevada.
Gorgeous bull.
I effen hate theives with a passion.
Maybe you guys can help the guy.
keep an eye out.
There is a $1000.00 Reward for the bull.

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That is sad.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They need a tall tree and short rope for tha theiving bastids!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Why would anyone steal a Elk mount? I wouldn't have it if he gave it to me, if i didn't shoot it myself. It never ceases to amaze me the mentality of some people in this world.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Salmonella,
Can you give us any more pertinent information on it? Like when this happened, what the mount looked like (sneak position, head turned, bugling whatever), also a full on view and any unique characteristics? Something that big just doesn't disappear and go unnoticed somewhere else. Those thieves have another thing coming if they think all elk antlers look the same.
lnf

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by bea175
Why would anyone steal a Elk mount? I wouldn't have it if he gave it to me, if i didn't shoot it myself. It never ceases to amaze me the mentality of some people in this world.

Truely sad..........lots of guys "buy" trophies. There was a market for large whitetails a few years ago that involved breaking into Canadian Taxidermy shops and then selling them as taken in Mexico. Hope the guy gets it back, actuallly a pretty good possability if someone tries to sell it. Good Luck man.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can you give us that link?

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My guess is that it will be remounted to disguise it more and it will turn up in a few years in a record book without a pic, just a score sheet.

There is a market for big heads and if they are unrecorded the price goes up.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I've never understood it myself but it's a different world today. Collecting antlers and paying big money for them is the new trend for some. Bragging rights for the biggest ones I guess? As this phenomenon continues and grows I believe more of this will happen and more trophy class animals will be poached.

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 2Seventy

I've never understood it myself but it's a different world today. Collecting antlers and paying big money for them is the new trend for some. Bragging rights for the biggest ones I guess? As this phenomenon continues and grows I believe more of this will happen and more trophy class animals will be poached.

It is not new. I recall a hunter who shot a new number one record for the species and a "fat" checkbook in camp offered him a huge sum for it and also the price to hunt another while he was still in camp, on the sole basis that it was unrecorded in the record books being so new. His silence was also a rider in the sale. He did not sell.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
My guess is that it will be remounted to disguise it more and it will turn up in a few years in a record book without a pic, just a score sheet.

I was thinking the same thing.
I made this post over at the most popular site for taxidermists and it had over a thousand views.
Time will tell.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Even if it's found seems like it'd be powerful hard to prove who's bull it was without some kind of identification on it. Probably already been sold to support some scum's gambling or meth habit.

Too bad, he's a brute.

Black Cows Matter!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Salmonella: This situation is truly sad and discouraging.
Probabilities are that this trophy was stolt by a "sportsman" to hang on their own wall!
Can you imagine?
My good friend Skip lived near Kila, Montana and was in the process of moving to Arizona. His beautiful home was up for sale as he and his wife were in Arizona prepping their new home.
The "realtor" let someone in to see the house that was for sale and the prospective buyer apparently took a liking to the mounted Antelope trophy he had on the wall.
The prospective buyer unlocked an upstairs bathroon window and came back later and laddered up to the window and stole the trophy Antelope mount!
That trophy had been shot on a trip we made to central Wyoming and the picture I took of my friend posing with his trophy has not led to an arrest or recovery as yet (been 4 years or so!).
I hope this fellow has better luck getting his Elk back!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very pathetic and disgusting.Whats wrong with some folks.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
It would really take a sorry SOB to steal someones trophy. As we all know, the world is full of sorry SOB's. Sure hope the owner gets it back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not much worse than a damned thief.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Landkiller
As we all know, the world is full of sorry SOB's.

Indeed it is.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Exactly..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
People never cease to amaze me....

The one thing I look forward to with technology is to travel back in time to hunt mastodons!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Its probably sitting in some local pawn shop. I had several items riped off a few years ago. took matters in my own hands and went searching the pawn shops. Got every thing back execpt for one item and the bums went to jail.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Probably the cousin of the scum that stole a downed deer from me a few years back... After a 1/2 hour wait, I followed a nice, short blood trail into some cedars... only to find a gutpile and nobody around. It was certainly no trophy like this poor guys mount, but goes to show that people will steal anything. Hope he gets it back.

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Just as a matter of interest back in '04 or '05 a friend of mine killed a 340 class 6 x 6 bull on Red Creek west of Cody. His son made a nice photo of the hunter and his trophy. The son buldged a hernia moving the elk around so they left it overnight so the kid could get medical attention in town. Of course all night the hunter worried about grizzleys dining on his bull since he was unable to properly hang it by himself. The next day after riding about three hours horseback back in to fetch the bull sure enough there were tracks all around it. Human tracks, horse tracks, and no bull, just an indentation in the snow. He had an idea who stole it but could never prove a thing. At least he has a great picture.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
sob that stoop that low need a hand cut of when caught hope you recover your baby

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,141
Posts18,484,085
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.