-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hey gang, what do you know about the Legacy? I'm getting back into the bow hunting and just found a pristine one for sale that I'm gonna go and shoot.

I've been leaning strongly towards the new Mission Eliminator and if you know anything about it as well how would you say that the two stack up?

Thx for your time

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
if you can get your hands on a DXT, even a used one, that would be my vote

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have Legacy here and have killed a lot of game with it. It has been to Africa and taken a pile of game. The bow shoots great and is typical well made Mathews quality.

It's a much more stiff/harsh draw then the Mathews Switchback but thats what you get with a faster cam design.

My Legacy with 440 grain arrow/broadheads at 70 lbs was going 248fps. Not a speed bow, but I was shooting heavy arrows. With 410 grain arrows It was 269fps. I usually shoot it at 65lbs, and it was 258 with the 410 grain arrows.

It's a stiff draw to shoot for fun, but nice for hunting. I much prefer the Switchback XT which is likely the best bow ever made by anyone ever! I would not choose a Legacy over the Switchback for half the price!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Dober,

I have my Matthews Drenalin in my van all the time. Give me a call and come shoot this bow. If you don't think it is the best you have gotten your hands on, you will at least like it a lot.

Big Sky Archery or Yellowstone Gateway is only a few minutes away...

Shrapnel

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thx guys, and Shrap maybe next week we could meet out at YGS. Today I was out there and on JJ's encouragement shot the Martin Firecat TR2, of all the bows I've shot to date it's the one that I like the best.

Looked at the Legacy tonight, it's nice and clean but a bit big and bulky and heavy for this kid.

Gonna look at more tomorrow and shot more. Hope to have this nailed down in the next week or so. Wanna get it rocking and myself ready for bruin season.

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Martin Firecat TR2 is the bow that most closely shoots like the Switchback. In some ways it's better, maybe cause it's a bit faster and lighter. But in other ways it's just not exactly as smooth and perfect feeling in my hands.

They are so similar though. Guess the firecat is just so much cheaper for a new one. Cheaper then even a used 3 year old SwitchbackXT that it's hard to beat for the value.

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How about the Mathews Hyper Light, anyone know anything about that one?

Thx
Dober

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mark,

The legacy is a great shooter. Not as smooth as other Mathews but it has a nice hard wall on the stop. It was my first Mathews and I like it quite a bit. If you can find one for a good price the LX is a nice bow as well. If you want to shoot a switchback let me know what time you are headed to YGS and I can bring it by so you can shoot it. Its still my favorite. They can be picked up for pretty cheap too.

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish I could find a used switchback "cheap" the ones I see sell in a couple days for 70-80% of new even at 5 years old! I doubt there has ever been a bow made that has held it's value better then the SBXT.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dober, The Legacy is a great bow, most of the Mathews are sweet. I've had the Feather Lite, Q 32, Legacy.

I now have the Switchback XT and it is to date the most comfortable, accurate, easy to shoot. It's light and has no hand shock even when BARE NAKED, nothing but a arrow rest. Short enough to shoot while sitting flat on the ground. Piled up 3 WT deer and a few squirrel wif it dis season.

I always trade up when Mathews comes out with a better bow, they ain't topped the Switchback XT yet. IT'S THE .270 WINCHESTER OF THE ARCHERY WORLD !!!

Ain't tried the new Z7 yet. Shot the Reezen and Monster, but wasn't impressed. If the Monster doesn't have the dampners on it, it kicks like a pissed off mule.

I also have a Mathews Conquest 3 that I picked up a few months back. It's several inches longer axle to axle. But its another keeper bow.

If I narrowed it down to 2, they'd be SBXT and Feather Lite.
The Hoyt's are veddy nice too. The only thing I don't like about them is that they are not very forgiving at full-draw. Very little room for error or movement.

I have a Rip Cord rest on the SBXT and a Whisker Biscuit on the Conquest. I prolly like the Whisker better. Easy and simple...anywho.....

Getcha self a bow and start whackin' some stuff!

Roger

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just picked up a Switchback XT on Montana Craigslist. All set up in like new condition for an embarassingly low price.

This is my first bow with training wheels, and as long as my traditional friends don't see me shooting it, I have to say it is very accurate and fun to shoot.

My shoulders have some to go before I can shoot it very much, as the draw is totally different from what I am used to.

Good luck, and take these guys up on their offrs of trying their bows. Unfortunately, that rarely works for us short guys due to draw length limitations (stubby arms).

Shortside

“I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love, and it’s difficult to analyze love when you’re in it.” John Steinbeck
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Dober,

I have the Hyperlite and like it a lot. It has the same cam as the DXT in a lighter package. It has the cable slide instead of the roller which I am fine with. It also makes the bow a little cheaper. It is really quiet, smooth, and really easy to carry all day which I appreciate when I am chasing elk at over 8,000 feet. I bought it early last year after trying the Reezen, Monster, and Hoyt Alphamax. I really like the smooth draw cycle and weight of the Hyperlite.

Andy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 14,382 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,295
Posts18,545,303
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.