Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
PORTLAND, Oregon - LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. (Nasdaq: BOOT), a leading provider of premium, branded footwear for work and outdoor users, today announced its plans to move into a new Danner� factory in Portland, Oregon.

The new Danner� facility will be located in an industrial building approximately one mile from the Company's corporate headquarters. The new factory will be approximately 59,000 square feet, representing twice the square footage of the Company's existing Portland-based factory which is being replaced.

"Our new, world-class production facility will significantly increase our capacity to meet the growing worldwide demand from our many customers in the work, military, law enforcement, outdoor recreation, hunting and Japanese markets who depend on our U.S.-manufactured Danner� footwear being crafted to the very highest standards," said Joseph P. Schneider, president and CEO of LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. "Danner� is an iconic brand, whose boots have been hand-crafted in Portland since 1933, incorporating the highest standards of design, materials and construction. Our new facility will enable us to extend this great tradition of superior craftsmanship.

"Furthermore, we expect this state-of-the-art facility will allow us to continue to innovate with new footwear designs and production processes by expanding our overall capabilities and capacity. The new factory will also improve our operating efficiencies by incorporating the latest lean manufacturing techniques to meet at-once demand. This is an important step in the continued growth of our business."

The new facility's lease is scheduled to begin during the second quarter of 2010 for a term of approximately five years, with options to extend the lease for up to 15 more years. DP Partners is serving as the developer for the project. LaCrosse expects to begin production in the new facility in the third quarter of 2010. During 2010, the Company expects total capital expenditures to be approximately $8 to $9 million, which includes leasehold improvements and machinery for the new factory facility. During the transition period from the current factory to the new facility, the Company plans for certain one-time costs of approximately $0.5 million, which are expected to be included in its operating expenses in the second and third quarters of 2010.
About LaCrosse Footwear, Inc

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Nice!

Upgrading, AND staying in the US!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
good deal. I like the Danners I've owned so far. Looks like I might be able to get another pair or two.

Brent

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does that mean we'll see the Chinese Danners disappear from Cabela's?

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

I hope so. I have 3 pairs of American made Danners 2 of which are 10+ years old. I have beat the heck outta them all over North America. 2 of the pairs I've had Danner recondition and they are good as new. 163bc

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

We can only hope! US made Danners last me a good long time, I've one pair of old Canadians that are 15yrs old and are still comfortable, and waterproof.

Their Asian made boots are IMO no better than any of the other dogshyte boots from every other name that comes out of that part of the globe.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If they bring their China made boots back to be made here, I'll probably buy another pair, otherwise there are better choices in 300.00 boots.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only Danners I have owned have been the Antelopes.
Not impressed, but I believe they are made in China??

I have since went to Lowa, and have not been disappointed.
Still, I wish Danner the best, and good on them for doing more in the USA.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Huge difference in the American vs. China made boots. Just pick em up and you can tell the differences. American made are way superior in quality. 163bc

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yep, huge difference. I've owned several pair and they've all leaked (yep, Goretex in 'em all) except the last pair of USA made stitchdown boots. I'm waiting for them to leak, but they haven't yet.

BTW, if Danner can increase production, we may see other companies offering USA made boots again, as Filson does not manufacture their own boots. They have them made for them to their specs. They recently moved offshore as there were no domestic/USA company that could make them to Filson's specs in the US. It's my understanding they have had a couple/three different companies make them for them in the past and my "ass"umption is that Danner has been one of those companies. It'd be nice if Danner's new facility were large enough to do contract work for other companies and offer wool lined boots for Filson.

Good for Danner!!!

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

TripleA RV in Medford, OR SUCKS
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 163bc

I hope so. I have 3 pairs of American made Danners 2 of which are 10+ years old. I have beat the heck outta them all over North America. 2 of the pairs I've had Danner recondition and they are good as new. 163bc

I have two sets of Danner that are 20 something and going strong. A friend and I went to Cabela's a few weeks back he needed boots half thier stock of Danners were from China. He didn't buy them and I gave the manager in that department an ear full.

NRA Lifetime Member
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by krp
If they bring their China made boots back to be made here, I'll probably buy another pair, otherwise there are better choices in 300.00 boots.

Kent

--------------------------------------------------------------

+1 on that .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My stitch down, USA built Explorers arrived today and they look good. Hope they ditch the Chinese. Have a pair of US built New Balance trail runners and the workmanship level is much higher than any SE Asian made junk.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Funny, this coming up, ....I dropped an old (19 yr.) pair of Danners off at the local Boot Repair yesterday,.....for new soles / heels.

World class, and just broken in.

I wish they'd make that "Fort Lewis" in a natural tan leather.

....to GD HOT for black, around here.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good I hope they make the stocking foot wader boots again. I still wear mine, and I bought them in 1986. I could do with a new pair. Not cheap at the time but I put a lot of days on the trout streams with them. Out lasted several pair of waders.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good news from Danner, huh? What......they ain't making boots any more???

WhiskeyMan

Confucious say.....he who angers you.....controls you.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was gifted a pair of Chinese made Pronghorn's 4 years ago. They're by far the most comfortable pair of boots I've worn in the pheasant fields. That said, the leather toe hasn't held up for crap, the threads all have pulled through and I'm due for a new pair. Danner has since announced they are coming out with a pair with an abrasion resistant toe to address the customers concerns. At least they are listening to some of us. Someday I'll be able to buy a real pair of Oregon made Danners.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Will Lacrosse boots be made in the U.S. too?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
That's great news!!

I just bought my first pair of Danner boots last year and they fit better and are more comfortable than any boot I've ever owned.

I really appreciate that they're made in the U.S. and will be buying lots more Danners in the future..... smile

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (beefan, 35, 308ld, 808outdoors, 338reddog, 7 invisible), 927 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,206
Posts18,524,261
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.