-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And what exactly was the ridiculous statement I made? If you could please explain yourself clearly. Having worked with women biathletes and knowing many female hunters and shooters I thought I had something to add.
<br>
<br>Did anyone else see a problem with what I wrote or am I just over insensitive today?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

KodiakIsland,
<br>
<br>The ridiculous statement was mine "women built like Tyson" ... it was intended to convey an idea ... it was not meant to be taken literally ... GET IT?
<br>
<br>You can contribute any info/opinion you'd like. But, when you directly responded to me stating "My guess is you don't know a lot of women who shoot" you were trying to imply that I didn't know what I was talking about. I don't give a [bleep] if you think I know what I'm talking about or not, and, likely, noone else does either. But, you stated that you didn't, and that was what pissed me off. If you managed to find a bunch of women who don't mind shooting anything more powerful than .38+P, then fine ... but you don't need to insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about. If you wanted to contribute, what you should have said was "I know many women who don't mind shooting cartridges more powerful than .38+P in CC guns" as opposed to "My guess is you don't know a lot of women who shoot" ... one statement is confrontational, particularly in that it was directed at me, whereas, the other is a statement of your own personal experience ... GET IT?
<br>
<br>I submit that there may very well be women who don't mind shooting .40, .45ACP, .44spl, .357mag, or even .44mag in a CC gun (while I'm not sure there are many options for CC in .44mag). My experience tells me that this would be very rare, particularly for a woman new to guns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fine then. Change my response to we know two different sets of women who shoot. Or what ever will make you feel better. I didn't know I took the Tyson idea literally untill you told me. All I was trying to do was add my experience to yours. I didn't say anything about you not knowing what you were talking about. Those were your words.
<br>Later

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Been there and done that. After several "I know what ought to work"s and a couple of thousand dollars in miscues, including a Sig P230, I took her to every gunshow and dealer I could find. She now has a used S&W Model 36 with a 3" bbl. and a round butt, and she actually likes to shoot it and she does take it with her. I put some Wolff springs in it and smoothed it just a hair (it was well used, so it didn't need much). If I had done this first I would have saved a whole bunch of time and money.
<br>When it came time for my daughter, I did the same thing taking her around to let her look and touch (I do still learn, albeit slowly), and she picked a small used Rossi with no model number, and a round butt, and a 3" bbl., and she loves it.
<br>I load reduced 38s for them to plink with, and stoke them with Hydra Shoks or Glasers for carry, and I feel they are well equiped, but I don't know why they never liked my Taurus 431 44 Special. It only weighs over twice what they like and has much bigger handles.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
8ball,
<br>
<br>Here's a thought: buy her a Ruger Single-Six to learn with, then when she's comfortable with it, swap out the .22LR cylinder and step up to .22WMR--them lil' mags are a peach, and add considerably to "stopping power."
<br>
<br>And heck, if she doesn't like it, then you have a decent plinker/varmint handgun.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Own Drummer sez:

"The only gun control needed: 3 bullets, 1 hole."
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.