Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
1) Browning BL .22<BR>2) Ruger 10/22<BR>3) The rest.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Without a doubt my 10/22. That rifle will still be shooting tight groups after I am dead and buried. E4E and I put close to a million rnds through his while we were growing up and the damn thing was still shooting decent groups even with a cracked receiver and the rifleing nearly shot out of it.<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
An old Stevens crackshot that belonged to my grandfather. That old single shot taught my father, my brother and myself how to shoot. I always wonder just how many shells it has gone through in the last 60 years or so. And how many rabbits it put on the table in the same amount of time.<P>Everybody wants to keep their new toys. Didn't any of you get any old toys passed down and don't they mean more than the new mass produced item, or am I just old fashioned?<P>Mac

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Mac,<BR>I just received an old Stevens Model 1903 from my grandfather. He used that rifle to hunt with when he was a kid. It is very worn but it still fires good. Unfortunately the magazine is gone and I cant find another one. I took it home and cleaned it up and now it sits in my gun safe. I will keep that rifle and pass it on when I get old.

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got 5 if ya count the pistol. Probably the Savage mkII really holds a tight group. Plus its SS/synthetic stock.

220 Swift still king.
IC B2

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
No hesitation in making this decision. My Browning A-bolt .22 will never part with me. Might even have them bury it with me for grey squirrel hunts in the Happy Hunting Ground. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

F
F
I am on my 3rd 10/22, this one a SS All-Weather model...and this one is THE BEST!!!<P>Seriously, when I mounted my trusty old 3-9X Tasco on it, which allowed me to shoot 1" 100M groups with CCI Green Tag in both the old blued 10/22's, I shot an amazing .38" group with that same load!! At 50M, of course, but that time I actually outshot a Custom Volquartson 10/22. Won't do it every time, mind you, but how much is me and how much is the rifle, I can't say.<P>I have a Browning Buckmark 5.5" pistol, which wears a Hogue Handall sleeve and is PERFECT for me, but in a pinch, I'd have to go with my shiny new Ruger. Both are 100% reliable, but my accuracy off-hand is better when the target looks 9 times closer!<P>Not to mention my 20 round Pre-Bureaucrat mags...<P>Regards,<P>FastVFR

Glock 21, 30 & 36<BR>Browning & Ruger 22's<BR>Dan Wesson 15-2 .357<BR>KGP-141 4" .357<BR>Encore .223 & .454<BR>2001 Honda VFR 800Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Kimber 82C Limited Edition 1 of 750 mounting a Leupold 3-9x33 in Warne Premier Quick Detatchable rings and bases. No doubt about it, I've had more fun with that little rifle than all the louden boomers in the safe. Elegant, quiet, and far more accurate than I can make use of. Even shot cheap ammnunition well. The old Federal 711. Best, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
L
L
I'm with you Matt, I'd never separate myself from my Kimber Super America! Beautiful gun that shoots great!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My slabside.

Jeff

I'm NOT the JScottRupp of Wolfe Publishing.

IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I took my wife out to the outdoor shooting range (Fish Canyon, Duarte CA) yesterday. This was the very first time she had ever gone to an outdoor range. Prior to this, she had gone shooting with me and our 2 oldest sons in the local indoor range (Monrovia, CA).
<br>
<br>Well, it looks like she'll be going more often.
<br>
<br>She fell in love with our Henry Golden Boy. She would not stop shooting! Being a novice, I had decided to start her out on rimfires. It was a good decision. She really appreciated the fact that she was not battered by any recoil. On top of that, she fell in love with the challenge of improving her shooting skills.
<br>
<br>She also had the opportunity to shoot our Ruger New Model Single Six. Just like the Henry Golden Boy, it was a great experience.
<br>
<br>Now, she would like to become more proficient and eventually have her own hunting rifle. In fact, she is very interested in going hog hunting with me and our 2 oldest sons (14 & 12 years old).
<br>
<br>I can't wait to do that! We now can't wait till our 4 year old starts shooting and hunting with the rest of the family.
<br>
<br>

I guess my answer would be to keep the Winchester Model 61 and try to hide the Browning BL-22.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
It would be the CZ-452 Lux. with a Bushnell Banner 6X18 scope. With this rifle I was the first person in history to max the Black Death challenge squirrel rifle target, there have been few to do so since.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
No question. The rimfire that will I will never part with is my Browning A-Bolt 22 with the first year production laminated stock. She's a right nice little rifle. Deadly on tree squirrels.
<br>
<br>On a side note, I wish I could find another BAR-22. I was a fool to sell the one I used to have.

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (7mm_Loco, AB2506, 673, 264mag, 44automag, 450yukon, 14 invisible), 1,009 guests, and 1,006 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,888
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.