Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If anybody here thought the NRA represented them rather than their own selfish interests should read this exerpt from the AP article by Michael R. Blood on the Tea Party rally in Searchlight, Nevada.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2011461287_teaparty28.html?syndication=rss

In the section entitled Reid May Be Vunerable it states and I quote:

Reid was in Las Vegas for the opening of a shooting park with Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association at his side.

Now what in the hell do you suppose our good buddy Wayne LaPierre was doing rubbing elbows with a skunk like Harry Reid?

Been saying for a long time that LaPierre was a Liberal money grubbing skunk and old Neal Knox was right. Well here is the proof folks. Now whatcha gonna say 'cept Holy [bleep]! Why is Wayne LaPierre appearing with and showing support for the biggest Liberal Democratic skunk in the country next to Pelosi when Sarah Palin is right across town at a Tea Party rally and was not invited to open the new fancy shooting range? Well anyone gonna answer that one fer me? Huh? C'mon NRA, tell me how good ol' Wayne is help'n to protect our gun rights now?!!!

Flower Child

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You're kidding,I hope!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, I don't hear nobody saying a damn thing?!!! Anyone fer changing the Leadership of the NRA now or would you rather get sold out by good ol' Wayne? Just like he did to the Machine gun owners, the Assault Weapons owners, and the Hi-Cap Magazine folks when he had the chance to stand up 'n fight? Good ol' Wayne folds faster than a house of cards or Arabs packing up their tents on camels ta move on. Wonder who he's a planning to sell out now?

Flower Child

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
got high a little early today, FC?

you sure manage to draw a lot of conclusions from a sentence in an AP article.....most of them wrong.

The NRA doesn't own the range, it didn't invite Reid, it had no control over the guest list, LaPierre probably wasn't even aware of who else was invited.

LaPierre was there doing PR for the shooting sports, which is his job. A range opening is not a political event, although desperate Harry probably horned his way in his attempt to convince Nevadans he's not really a liberal douchebag (little late on that one, Harry)

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Isaac,
Hell no! I'm not kidding! look on the link fer youself!!!

Flower Child

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the link simply says they were both in the same place.....not much Lapierre can do about that.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Steve No,
I like ya man and respect the hell outta ya, but thats bull$h!t. What part of the rubbing elbows do ya think good ol' Wayne didn't know 'bout? Huh? How come no one around here can give Neal Knox his just due and admit good ol' Wayne is a skunk?

Flower Child

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think you should have read the article.

"Reid was in Las Vegas for the opening of a shooting park with Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association at his side.

Reid, a former lightweight boxer, did not back away from the showdown"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
got high a little early today, FC?

you sure manage to draw a lot of conclusions from a sentence in an AP article.....most of them wrong.

The NRA doesn't own the range, it didn't invite Reid, it had no control over the guest list, LaPierre probably wasn't even aware of who else was invited.

LaPierre was there doing PR for the shooting sports, which is his job. A range opening is not a political event, although desperate Harry probably horned his way in his attempt to convince Nevadans he's not really a liberal douchebag (little late on that one, Harry)

I support Steve here in his conclusions. Just because LaPierre was at the opening with Reid, it doesn't mean he and Reid are drinking buddies.

Reid was blatantly there to try to horn in on the folks' vote who are hunters and shooters, like he is some sort of friend to the shooting world.

I look at it as one of those things like Diane Feinstein, who has one of the two Concealed Weapons permits issued by the city of San Francisco. While she claims no one else needs to own a handgun, she justifies owning one, stating it is to defend herself if attacked. However when asked why shouldn't private citizens have the same rights, then her response is they can call the police to protect them. She claims she needs to carry a firearm for personal defense because she is more important than the average citizen.

It is the radical left that knows no bounds.

Also remember when Sarah Brady got caught trying to buy a firearm illegal for her son ( not her personal use no less) so he could go deer hunting.. somehow as a liberal, she skated on the illegal actions, that the rest of us would have been arrested for.

Naw, Harry Dweeb is the "villain" here, not Wayne La Pierre.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the link you provided.

"workers served tea and doughnut holes; herbal tea, because, a spokesman said, the tea-party crowd did not seem to need more caffeine. The snacks were a nod to the gap in Medicare prescription-drug coverage known as the doughnut hole, which the health-care law would close."

Hardly what I'd call a misrepresented "side by side" statement from a questionable paper.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FC....you're reading too much into a thin article, amigo.

it's a big commercial shooting sports event...LaPierre went because it's his job, he can't control who else attends or is invited.....he's just another guest.

I didn't see any pictures of Wayne swapping spit with Harry, or even shaking his hand. And you know darn well the NRA is going to endorse whoever the GOP nominates to run against him in November. So I think you're jumping to a big conclusion from little or no evidence.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Steve,
Getting lawyerly on me? Well what part of AT HIS SIDE says he ain't support'n Reid over Palin? I mean tha guy can read the newspaper and see she and conservative folks is in town before he shows up now can't he?

Flower Child

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Reagan was at a summit with Gorbachev...I hear they even shook hands.... he must have been a closet Communist.

Step away from the bong.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey Guys, Especially Steve No whom I consider a friend. It ain't you guys I gotta problem with!!! Y'all are great, right on folks. But I was a friend of Neal Knox and was privy to all the bull that good ol' Wayne tarred 'n feathered him with and think this is mighty suspicious. Really I do! Honest Injun!

Flower Child

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Here's a question for ya. Will the NRA and Wayne LaPierre support Harry Reid in his run for the senate in November?

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that would be a negative.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Agreed. Wanting FC to make a guess..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Here's a question for ya. Will the NRA and Wayne LaPierre support Harry Reid in his run for the senate in November?

What would give you even the thought?

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by oulufinn

What would give you even the thought?

The absurd question was to illustrate the absurdity of the original post by Flower Child and the subsequent attempts to somehow show that LaPierre supports Reid because they were both at the opening of a huge new shooting range.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wayne is in a politcal type posistion. In fact his whole jobs is running a political organization.

I would hope someone that is actively engaged in politics would know that if you are at the same public deals as he was with Reid that papers/websites are going to spin it every which way they can.

On a slightly related note you would hope he would check to see who is appearing on the same "bill" that he is.

But in the whole I don't see a big deal of it.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 2,636 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,079
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.