Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#39526 08/20/01
Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Goin ta look,maybe buy one today. Can't have too many squirrel guns.<BR>Who has one or shot one?<BR>Accuracy?<BR>Would you buy one?<BR>Pros/cons.

220 Swift still king.
GB1

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Swift, I have a Marlin 881 and am happy with it. Several years ago I decided to purchase another .22. I considered the 880 SQ but after one look at the 77/22 VBZ, I had to buy the Ruger. I am a fan of Marlins but a short while back, <A HREF="http://www.gun-tests.com" TARGET=_blank>www.gun-tests.com</A> did a comparasion of rimfires and the 880 SQ didn't do as well as I thought it might. If I recall, the CZ got high praise. The Marlin Talk site at <A HREF="http://www.marlinfirearms.com" TARGET=_blank>www.marlinfirearms.com</A> has many praises of the SQ. <BR>Good luck with your decision! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]

A
A
Actually, my son owns the 880SQ. Has 4X Simmons scope. Never thought much of it until I recently started shooting it. Amazing! At 50 yds, we were shooting groups under an inch. And this was with Remington brick ammo from WalMart. It woke me up. On Marlin Forum, have heard nothing but praise for 880SQ. I am now believer. For price, it cannot be beat. A "mini" sniper rifle.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I too have a Marlin 880 SQ, however I must have gotten the only one that doesn't shoot. I have tried several different brands / types of ammo, and am still not satisfied. I even did a trigger job on it, and free floated the barrel channel. That helped, but it is not in the same league as my Ruger KM77/22 VBZ.
<br>
<br>You asked.
<br>
<br>Larry

GBB Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Howdy,
<br>GrayBushyTails. That's my Favorite small game.
<br>Marlin 880SQ, was my most accurate "out of the box" 22.
<br>The first day, I brought it to an indore range and by the 25th round, she started giving me 5 shot groups you could cover with a dime. This was at 50 yards, with a B-square bipod. It needed the triger worked, I'll have her back soon. In the mean time I am trying to use a Marlin 882ss (wmr) as a squirrel gun. Too much gun, dosen't leave enough squirrel. The 880SQ is a winner, I was sorry to hear about the person who said "I must have the only one that does not shoot" - you have the only one I have heard of. The only problem with the SQ is the lack of "after-market" parts and kits. You can buy a 10/22 and then work it up real good, not much to do with an SQ.
<br>
<br>Except go target shooting and hunting!
<br>:)
<br>GBB

IC B2

Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well last week of Aug I bought one and MAN am I HAPPY!!
<br>5 shot grp I'm covering with a dime at 50yds.
<br>Huntin ammo is CCI mini mags and it loves Federal Gold Match for small hole paper punchin.
<br>Shoots mini mags into a nickel at 50yds.
<br>Squirrels haven't stood a chance this season!!

220 Swift still king.
GBB Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Swift,
<br>Glad to count you with us, I recommend the 880SQ to anyone who shows an interest. I have not yet heard a complaint from anyone who subsequently bought one. Although Marlin makes one heck of a Squirrel gun, the website keeps crashing. THAT is a shame because, when up and running, it is a super place to swap stories and learn about our Marlins. I am hoping things will settle down over there soon... Hey, haven't I seen your name on that BB? Or it might have been someone recommending "swift" scopes...
<br>
<br>GBB

Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Howdy GBB,
<br>Yes love my SQ and also recommend to anyone looking for a super shootin 22, esp for squirrels!
<br>Yes that's me postin over on the Marlin sight and yes I like Swift optics scopes!! Especially on light kickin varmint rifles for the money I find them hard ta beat.
<br>I'm with ya, the Marlin site has something fishy goin on, but I still pop in every day ta lurk and post alittle!!
<br>Have a good one!
<br>Swift

220 Swift still king.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 37 invisible), 1,859 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,631
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.