S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
...And over on the left the only sound heard is the chirping of the crickets

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JasonB

The US governemnt did kill some US citizens that the US government put in to concentration camps in the 1940s. How many more US citizens could the US have killed before it would have been unseemly for several of you since putting US citizens in concentration camps in the first place isn't a problem for several of you and also taking actions leading to the deaths of come of those in the camps also isn't a problem.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA (deep breath) BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks, I always like to start out the day with a belly laugh.

Now, let me give you a quick education.

Using your word, 'some' internees were killed by guards when they tried to go outside the fences (commonly called an escape attempt) and two were killed in Manzanar during a riot when they tried to use a vehicle to attack the guards. That's it. There were no OVENS nor were there the infamous SHOWERS that the Germans used in Europe.

In actuality, many internees were allowed to live and work outside the camps. Doesn't sound like Auschwitz or Bergen-Belsen to me.

You're accusing the entire US Government of conspiring to kill internees just as the Nazis killed millions of Jews in Europe. That is classic liberal BS and is just another example of how the bed-wetters try to apply current standards to something that happened in the past.

Here's a couple of decidedly less severe examples of how standards and behaviors change over time. It hasn't been all that long ago that it was socially acceptable for people to sit wherever they wanted in a public restaurant and smoke cigarettes. How about whites only bathrooms, swimming pools or restaurants? Those were still in existence for quite awhile after WWII and are only recent changes.

The point I'm trying to make is that you cannot use the mindset of today's people to judge those who endured the Depression and then a sneak attack by the Japanese. It cannot be done dude.

Using what we know today, the use of internment camps was deplorable. However, they were considered to be necessary by the people of that era. They were NOT the death factories the Nazis set up and I do not condemn the US Government for using them.

Neither should you.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AlaskaFe, don't get worked up over JasonB, he is another one of those Apologist's, he would be glad to give everything we have to the Japanese for dropping the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

As a former teacher, I hate hearing about instances such as this. It gives all teachers a bad name. No one ever seems to remember the good teachers. I am a product of public school and some of my teachers had a profound positive influence in my life. Yet, there are some teachers who look to push their ideologies. When I taught I always tried to let kids make up their own mind. I would constantly argue both sides of and issues, trying to get them to think for themselves.

I would talk to the teacher first and see if they really are trying to make that misinformed. If the teacher really believes that then go to the principal and school board if necessary.

----------
Hunting is my religion
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
Start with the principal and then go to the school board if needed. Good for you for standing up!

What he said.

if a man is not going to stand up for his kids well being and be involved in their education, I can't fathom why God would have blessed him with kids.

a guy has to be willing to fight for something, if it's not his family and/or his country I can't see the point in all the air he's sucking down.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Unless there's a tape of the teacher's statement, you have no idea the point the teacher was actually attempting to make to a class full of skulls full of mush. They only understand about ten percent of complex points a teacher is attempting to make, even in high school. Just lack the intellectual framework to understand complex points.
How do you define "intellectual framework" and what is a "complex point"?
Don't you have a dictionary available? wink

First off, I'm all for home and private schooling. It's true that way too many teachers are indoctrinating kids in leftism. That said, there are also teachers who aren't like that out there, and it is possible that kids that age could have easily misunderstood. Our economics teacher is a Ron Paul supporter and an advocate of the Austrian School of economics. I could see him drawing comparisons (legitimately) between certain things our government has done in the past (and is doing now) and various examples of despotism in history. This could easily be misunderstood by kids at this age who lack the framework to fully understand the point.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
heck, Derby Dude does it all the time.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
30338 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sent email to principal explaining my issue and he directed me to speak with the teacher. It was a polite response from him and I will start with her. It will be interesting to see how she spins it and I'll keep the fire posted.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kamerad_Les
AlaskaFe, don't get worked up over JasonB, he is another one of those Apologist's, he would be glad to give everything we have to the Japanese for dropping the bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Yeah, you're right. Sometimes though I just have to take a shot at those types. They don't learn a damned thing but it makes me feel better and that's what's important. smile

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
wink

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was this before or after Pearl Harbour?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
After Pearl Harbor is when the Internment camps came up. Les

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
They did kill some of them. How many more could they have knocked off before it became an ethics problem in your opinion?

Well, first of all. Who are "they"? Who are "them"? and then please elaborate.

The US governemnt did kill some US citizens that the US government put in to concentration camps in the 1940s. How many more US citizens could the US have killed before it would have been unseemly for several of you since putting US citizens in concentration camps in the first place isn't a problem for several of you and also taking actions leading to the deaths of come of those in the camps also isn't a problem.

" taking actions leading to the deaths of come of those in the camps also isn't a problem."

So are you saying the U.S. government executed Japanese internees or aren't you? I guess the you could say the Nazis did some things that led to the death of some Jews.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SCOTTYB
Not to justify it but the interment of the Japanese was nothing compared to the genocide and mayhem the Japanese were creating everywhere they went.

Well then don't try to justify the internment of US citizens.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jnyork
They did kill some of them. How many more could they have knocked off before it became an ethics problem in your opinion?

Well, first of all. Who are "they"? Who are "them"? and then please elaborate.

You got any attribution or references to this story or did you just pull it out of your ass???

Some of the citizens died due to conditions in the camps and others were shot by guards.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Using what we know today, the use of internment camps was deplorable. However, they were considered to be necessary by the people of that era. They were NOT the death factories the Nazis set up and I do not condemn the US Government for using them.

If you were to kidnap someone and they died as an offshoot of your detaining them, I am betting "murderer" would be tacked on to your criminal resume.

On the "necessary" bit, has there ever been anything not portrayed as being necessary? Do you really think it is a good idea to look the other way the instant "this is necessary" gets uttered? By the way, the last time I checked, WWII and just about any other war I can think of was not caused by a the general serf population, but instead was caused by a few power mad politicians encouraging their serfs to assault others, drag them from their homes, put them camps, and the proverbial rape/rob/pillage crap. I don't recall the US ever interning those types of US citizens.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged

Nazis, we weren't. But it was an awful chapter in our history, nonetheless. And given the rhetoric around Washington, D.C. these days, it's a lesson we'd all do well to remember.

FC

I dunno, seems like most everyone still loves hard nose tactics from strong man leaders.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tell her you will gas her or put her in an oven - or have the choice of going to jail.

Then ask if she sees no difference in the two.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I agree I would talk to the priciple and go from there

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Are you defending what the teacher said as true and totally correct?

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

638 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,951 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,231
Posts18,485,673
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.