Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Jury convicts on 2 charges in Palin e-mail hacking

KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (AP) � A federal jury has convicted a former Tennessee college student of two charges in the hacking of Sarah Palin's e-mail account.

The jury convicted 22-year-old David Kernell of unauthorized access to a computer and obstruction of justice. He was found not guilty of wire fraud and the jury failed to reach a verdict on identity theft.

Kernell was charged with breaking into Palin's e-mail while she was the Republican vice presidential candidate in 2008.

Defense attorney Wade Davies has said it was a prank, but prosecutors claimed he was trying to damage Palin's campaign.

The conviction for obstructing an investigation can carry a maximum 20-year prison sentence.

LINK

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Ten years works for me but if a first timer, I bet he gets probation.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'd be shocked if he got jail myself. We'll probably see Palin show her good heart and help the young man out a bit for sentencing.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

She should hire him.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
She should take him hunting.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm glad he got convicted. Calling his actions "just a prank" is absurd. He is a rich, spoiled brat.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hackers should get execution but baring that (conscience and all that crap) life sentence without the possibility of parole is good enough for me.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hey Mike...been following up a tad. A win??? Great job by the defense team. Don't know that I'd call obstruction of justice and unauthorized access convictions a win.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"The conviction for obstructing an investigation can carry a maximum 20-year prison sentence."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
I'd be shocked if he got jail myself. We'll probably see Palin show her good heart and help the young man out a bit for sentencing.

He needed to be put through the legal wringer, but I hope Palin helps him out too.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
She should take him hunting.

She should take him hunting with Cheney..... laugh

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just want to see Barney Franks kiss Michelle Obama on the lips.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
April 30, 2010, David Kernell who hacked into Gov. Palin�s email account has been convicted:
�My family and I are thankful that the jury thoroughly and carefully weighed the evidence and issued a just verdict. Besides the obvious invasion of privacy and security concerns surrounding this issue, many of us are concerned about the integrity of our country�s political elections. America�s elections depend upon fair competition. Violating the law, or simply invading someone�s privacy for political gain, has long been repugnant to Americans� sense of fair play. As Watergate taught us, we rightfully reject illegally breaking into candidates� private communications for political intrigue in an attempt to derail an election.
I want to thank the public servants who worked so hard on this case, particularly the jurors who gave up precious time from their jobs and families to listen to the evidence and reach a decision.
My family and I appreciate the good people of Knoxville, Tennessee, who showed us true Southern hospitality. We can�t wait to visit again � but without having a subpoena in hand.�- Sarah Palin

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 3,024 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,195
Posts18,503,558
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.