Print Thread
Hop To
444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm looking at the 1.5x6 eurodiamond with the 3P#4 that has an illuminated dot
http://www.burrisoptics.com/eurodiamond1.html#15X6X

I've owned several FFII models and been happy with the optics for the money but have never had one with the posi lock feature.

This scope would be going on a 45/70 Marlin that will see some rough recoiling loads and plenty of bumps/hard knocks. Who has some experience with the posi lock burris' ability to hold zero? I'd also like to hear anyone that's had the Euro Diamond scopes in particular- what could you compare them to optically.

GB1

444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Man I really thought someone would have some feedback on the Posi lock. Anyone out there?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is a quote from Safariman which was posted in my thread selling a PosiLock scope.

Originally Posted by safariman
Oh man, you are TEMPTING me now...... these are GREAT scopes for rifles that will get beat upon during a hunting season like on ATV's, horses, boats etc. Just cannot make 'em go out of zero once sighted in.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Posi Lock is a waste of time in my opinion........I had one and I hated it, ended up leaving it unlocked. The problem I had was that it always shifted the point of impact when it was locked down.......so, I had to sight in the scope then move the point of impact down and left to compensate for the shift in impact when the posi lock was set.......I'm sure somebody will say I cranked it down too much, but I can assure you, that was NOT the case.

When it first came out, Burris said it absolutely had to be in the locked position before firing the rifle.......later on, Burris reversed its stance and said it could be left unlocked.......when they said that, I left it unlocked and had no further problems......this was on a 300 win mag that had a bit of recoil.

Cancer Sucks
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
GonHuntin is correct about the posi-lock shifting when you lock it down, just like Burris states it will. I had a Signature 1.5x6 with it and I liked it. It was a bit of a pain to get zeroed since the zero will shift when you lock it but to me it was worth it. I had it on my bad weather/stalking rifle and I figue if I slipped and banged the rifle it would stay zeroed and it did. The reason I sold it was one scope had to go and I liked my Pentax Lightseeker 2x8 better over all.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
My burris posi lock shifts on lock down also, but I am putting it on my 375 H&H and if I go on a brown bear hunt it will be on the gun. It rode on my 338 win mag for 10 years and never moved POI. Dean

444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Question in regards to shift of POI after screwing in the posi lock?: is it consistant/repeatable? That is does it always move POI 1" down and 1" left or does the amount and direction of movement vary each time? If its repeatable that seems like something I could adjust for and live withm

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I put the same scope that you are looking at on a 375 H&H,it worked just fine.

The change in poi was minor,repeatable and not a problem IMHO.

Methinks that people make much ado about nothing. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The shift was NOT repeatable on mine........my scope was made the first year posilock came out, so maybe they have gotten better.

How many other scope manufacturers use a locking system??? None that I know of......because it's not necessary if the scope is made correctly!

I never had a shift in poi with the Posilock in the unlocked position........and the 300 mag I had it on had as much or more felt recoil than my 375 H&H.......

Cancer Sucks
444Matt Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Hey just noticed you're in 'Bama. What part of the state do you call home?

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Burris Posi-Lock is the only variable scope that I could get to survive on my 416 Rigby. My 338 Win Mag also wears one.

When sighting in, I set the lock after each adjustment, not just when I have finished sighting in.

These scopes really hold zero.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The shift in POI was not completly consistant or like you said it would be a non issue. It will probably take you and extra 10 rounds to get it set. To much oop's, to little Sh-t, just a bit to much, finally just right!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Methinks you're right...Got a 3X9 posi lock on a 7mm Rem. ADL...not a hard kicker but it's been on there for over 20 years.
A fine scope IMHO.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I live in rural southwest Alabama,my mother's family was from Chilton County.

I am related to Ellisons and Porters in Clanton.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I bought a posi lock Burris 3-12x44 for my Marlin. The gun is in Texas getting the action lengthened so I haven't had a chance to shoot with the Burris yet, but I will get back to you as soon as I sight it in.

I figured the Burris with Posilock was the only way to go on an action lengthened 1895 that is expected to have 4,700 ft-lbs of energy.

-JR

The more I build up a tolerance to recoil, the more I need to get my fix.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GonHuntin
Posi Lock is a waste of time in my opinion........I had one and I hated it, ended up leaving it unlocked. The problem I had was that it always shifted the point of impact when it was locked down.......so, I had to sight in the scope then move the point of impact down and left to compensate for the shift in impact when the posi lock was set.......I'm sure somebody will say I cranked it down too much, but I can assure you, that was NOT the case.

Had a friend who had the same problem with his.........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by GonHuntin

Had a friend who had the same problem with his.........

Casey

I spent a bunch of range time with 2 Posi Lock equipped Burris's and found the same issue, once it locked they were fine but, if you unlocked and locked again POI would shift virtually every time.

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by LIV2HUNT

I spent a bunch of range time with 2 Posi Lock equipped Burris's and found the same issue, once it locked they were fine but, if you unlocked and locked again POI would shift virtually every time.

I know going into it the the posi lock move the point of impact. I just like the security in knowing that once set the the POI will never drift. I like one of the previous posters idea about engaging the posilok for every shot when sighting in the rifle. That way once its dead on you won't have to worry aboutthe POI moving by engaging the posi lok.

-JR

The more I build up a tolerance to recoil, the more I need to get my fix.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 42 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.