Print Thread
Hop To
Page 394 of 1,842 1 2 392 393 394 395 396 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Just catching up on some of the above posts. Again Tom, I feel really bad for your dad. Back to the 50's is a huge show, I haven't went yet myself but I will get there some day. I hope your dad still goes to the show and I hope something catches his eye and the ins helps him replace his merc.

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good luck Ryan.

Bill, Dubay fish were biting yesterday too. Spent about 20 hours on the water this weekend between fishing with the kids, fishing with my pal, and boating with family friends. I'm whipped.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Just catching up on some of the above posts. Again Tom, I feel really bad for your dad. Back to the 50's is a huge show, I haven't went yet myself but I will get there some day. I hope your dad still goes to the show and I hope something catches his eye and the ins helps him replace his merc.

He's still going to the show.

He told me he won't buy anything at the show because the prices are so inflated, but he intendes to talk to some people and get some phone numbers and some ideas.

Here's the pics.

Before
[Linked Image][/img]

After

[Linked Image][/img]

[Linked Image][/img]

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He keeps the car in a small garage close to the house in the summer because he drives it, not in the main shop. He was pretty lucky he didn't have in the big shop friday night.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
soory about the car Tom, that is too bad. I may know of one for sale right by my cabin, that looks almost identical. i think its all original yet. send me your number and i can text you a pic this weekend. I want to say its the same car and its for sale.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ryan, what will you be doing? Good luck with the job.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Talked with 2 guys that were up North last week. Crappies and Gills were going nuts. Hit anything you throw at them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck on the job Ryan, let us know how it goes.

Oh man Tom, that sure was a nice car. Hope he can find a replacement. Is he looking for the same thing. I have a friend that restores old cars. He may have some conections. I know he has a customized old Thunderbird that he did that is for sale. Him and his wife go to Back to the 50's every year too.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He's going to get something, doesn't know if it will be a finished one or not. If I know him, it will be "or not". grin

Nobody was hurt that is the importatnt thing.

Bill:

I heard the same story. Pete and Dave brought home enough bluegills and crappies for 3 families. We don't need to go out for a fish fry for a year, and they didn't fish saturday because it was too windy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I need to get out fishing bad!

first day of work went great, I'mgonna love this summer at the refuge. most of my job will be mapping exotic weeds and spraying them. I'm also part of a multi-agency effort to map noxious weeds in the county, so for one week a month I'll be doing that.

they let me go home from work a little early today because of the storm that was coming, I hit it full force half way home. hail high winds and rain so hard I thought I was underwater a few times. but I made it home, everything was ok and my Lab was cowering under the table (she doesn't like thunder). I love having a job I don't dread going to tomorrow, infact I kinda look forward to it smile

also when I got home, I found a thumbhole stock waiting for me to mount on my savage, gotta love a girl who orders you something you really want out of the blue, she even got the right colors! smile

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
most of my job will be mapping exotic weeds and spraying them.

that cracks me up!

reminds me of the old military saying:

Join up and travel to distant and exotic places. Meet interesting and exciting people, and then kill them.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I hope your dad still goes to the show and I hope something catches his eye and the ins helps him replace his merc.

Dad is still going to the show. He has a 1958 Ford 300 custom that has been sitting on a conc. slab in his yard for about 3 years. Last night I asked him if he'd sell it to me.

He said, "sure, buy you'll have to wait until after the 50's because I'm taking it." He's taking that old 58 because the ins won't be settled by then.

He fired it up, and found a rad. hose leak and a bad head gasket. He pulled the heads and fixed the gasket, now he's taking that.

It has a 292 Y block, 3-speed man. trans. w/4.56 9" rear that has to be changed before the drive to the cities, unless he wants to drive at 45mph laugh.

We worked out part of a deal because he's going to keep the motor and tranny. Heck, he can have the seats too.

Last edited by tzone; 05/25/10.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sounded pretty serious about buying a finished one. He wants to help me get all the stuff I keep buying from him done and gone. grin

I think the real reason is, he wants to help his litte toe head grandson on "hot wads". That little sucker is a motor head for sure. Plus he and his sister out fished their dad on Saturday morning...no kidding.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
most of my job will be mapping exotic weeds and spraying them.

that cracks me up!

reminds me of the old military saying:

Join up and travel to distant and exotic places. Meet interesting and exciting people, and then kill them.

grin

Geez Dave, I thought the same thing when I read it. cool

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

first day of work went great, I'mgonna love this summer at the refuge. most of my job will be mapping exotic weeds and spraying them.

I used to laugh... The dnr set out warning and literature on "purple loostrife" (sp) and how to get rid of it. My grandman used to think it was beautiful, so she transplanted it to her ditch at her house. That cracks me up. We still laugh at that.

So you could go spray the ditch along Boundry Ave. in Proctor. grin

Last edited by tzone; 05/25/10.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
well thats how purple loosestrife got established along waterways, it was a garden plant but has no natural enemies here, so it takes off.
the ones I'll be fighting the most is spotted knapweed and leafy spurge.
and there are others like tansy, oxeye daisey, parsnip to name a few.
gets me outside most of the day and I like that smile

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
glad you're having a good time, windy today huh??

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah we can't spray when its that windy, it kinda was a blessing though because after the 3" of rain we got on monday we needed the wind to dry things out. the ditches were still running full yesterday afternoon on my way home from work. today is supposed to be beautiful so hopefully we can get some leafy spurge sprayed, that stuff is already blooming all over, and its nasty to have and almost impossible to kill. I'm thinking about trying some alternative methods using caffeine and/or nicotine as a toxin to kill individual plants and see if it works.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
good idea... maybe a caffeine/urine type of "spray"?

grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Ryan, send some of that rain our way.

Page 394 of 1,842 1 2 392 393 394 395 396 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

220 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 38 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,701
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.